Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Random question....How long does his hair take to do everyday like and the sides??! He has it different every night! Does he go around like that daily? Change it daily??!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Delighted for Peter Wright. Always a good lad to follow. Conducts himself brilliantly, brings a cracking atmosphere and is a belter of a darts player.

Also stuck it to Price so happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Also given MvG performance levels throughout the tournament, I'm glad he didn't win tbh. Just would not look good for the standard of the sport. He definitely played like a man under pressure for some reason. Probably from himself more than anyone

Thankfully a wonderful final saved a very underwhelming tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

leggo wrote: »
    Yep. (Wright is) going out tomorrow, be stunned if he can pull himself back within a day.

Solid analysis by me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

Beat Price in the semis and then beat van Gerwen in the final. Doesn’t get harder than that. The two favourites for the tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Random question....How long does his hair take to do everyday like and the sides??! He has it different every night! Does he go around like that daily? Change it daily??!

2 Hours apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not sure how long it takes but his missues does it before each match.

He wouldnt be doing it for every game, if you see him on the floor tourneys its in its natural style.

Delighted to see him win, I haven't really forgiven MVG for refusing a photo from me as he walked out the jax in the Noggin Inn about 11 years ago. His loss I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hell of a nice guy won. He seems to have corrected the nerves that have caused him to bottle previous attempts.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Delighted for Wright, best player over the tournament. Could have been so different if maclidem didn't mess up the chance he had in round 2.

Yep but there's always so much of those stories across sport

A lesson again that it can be foolish to jump to conclusions after early rounds!! Often players play themselves into form as it goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Hell of a nice guy won. He seems to have corrected the nerves that have caused him to bottle previous attempts.

Would he have taken something for the nerves

Would they test

• Advertisement

Not sure how long it takes but his missues does it before each match.

He wouldnt be doing it for every game, if you see him on the floor tourneys its in its natural style.

Delighted to see him win, I haven't really forgiven MVG for refusing a photo from me as he walked out the jax in the Noggin Inn about 11 years ago. His loss I suppose.

If it's any consolation no-one would believe that was MvG anymore ;)

He was a thin guy with hair in 2008 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Officer999 wrote: »
    Beat Price in the semis and then beat van Gerwen in the final. Doesn’t get harder than that. The two favourites for the tournament

Don’t forget his biggest challenge, Noel Malicdem!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

jr86 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation no-one would believe that was MvG anymore ;)

He was a thin guy with hair in 2008 :D

He sure was! TBH he was correct. A half cut eejit babbling ****e. get away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Absolutely delighted for Snakey. A gent in person and no harm for MVG to lose a worlds final.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Hopefully Price the prick enjoyed watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

durrant in premier lge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

and humphries

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    Would he have taken something for the nerves

Would they test

Didn't he say he was tested after the semi final match.

Great win delighted for him.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Didn't he say he was tested after the semi final match.

Great win delighted for him.

I'd be ****tlng myself in a pub match without a few pints in me

Amazing win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

When aspinall was playing mvg I got a snap off a mate, saying “ I played darts with one and snorted with the other “

Turns out he won a competition on the radio to play a leg with mvg , then was snorting coke with aspinell at citywest last year after the darts

Not many men can say that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

akelly02 wrote: »
    When aspinall was playing mvg I got a snap off a mate, saying “ I played darts with one and snorted with the other “

Turns out he won a competition on the radio to play a leg with mvg , then was snorting coke with aspinell at citywest last year after the darts

Not many men can say that!

Most wouldn't want to either in fairness.

Most wouldn't want to either in fairness.

Ok dry ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Well if Aspinall vanishes from the sport for a few months at any point Dustin Johnson style everyone on the boards darts forum will know the real reason anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a question but do talksport do only the worlds for commentary or more ? I'm asking because the half of the final and the post match part was like a breath of fresh air compared to sky rabbiting on. I like watching darts and have for years but I'll be honest sky is starting to bug me even more than normal.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just a question but do talksport do only the worlds for commentary or more ? I'm asking because the half of the final and the post match part was like a breath of fresh air compared to sky rabbiting on. I like watching darts and have for years but I'll be honest sky is starting to bug me even more than normal.

Not too many intellectuals involved in darts to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

akelly02 wrote: »
    Ok dry ****e

"I did coke with a guy from the darts"

Yeah, this dry ****e right here is really losing out to your super cool mates.

****ing state of this place sometimes.

"I did coke with a guy from the darts"

Yeah, this dry ****e right here is really losing out to your super cool mates.

****ing state of this place sometimes.

Dry ****e as in to not see the funny side of it , I didn’t mean you have to want to do white with aspinall in order to be cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

uncle barry spouting utter nonsense about Durrant, saying he had a successful year,

durrant won 2 players champs...thats it.
    Wade won 5, and won more money in 2019 than durrant
    chizzy won more and earned more in 2019 than durrant.

i am not saying wade and chizzy should be in, but neither should durrant.
    The reason given is not true by barry hearn.

i think he will struggle in the PL like Bunting did, and even though Durrant is a nice guy, he is boring and slow to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 51,776 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well done Wrighty in knocking out the two most annoying players in darts in the semi and final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I listen fairly regularly and this is the first time I've heard them do live darts

Advertisement