Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update - Lawn ruined by cattle

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Would you have allowed the farmer himself fix your lawn if he offered to do so

Maybe try reading the thread like the first post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    So we took your advice. The court sent us the decree to send on to the sheriff. We wrote to the father of the farmer explaining our options and mentioned that it may be quicker for us to do a public fundraiser in the local paper and at mass instead of the sheriff.

Strangely enough got a call today....they want to pay the bill.

Good stuff. Terrible that they had to face public shame to do the right thing.
    TBh, if I was terminally ill I think i'd like to spend what remaining time I had enjoying what was left of my life rather than wasting it away on the trivial matter of a few humps and holes in the grass.

What the fúck is wrong with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

STB. wrote: »

What the fúck is wrong with you.

I'm sure that poster could ask you the same thing tbh ...

Yeah good to be neighbourly and settle things amicably but a piece of lawn is not the end of civilisation as we know it. And yes I've had my lawn visited by wandering livestock - I kept them there and let the owner know.

Yeah I get it some will want things remedied. Thats how it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

gozunda wrote: »

Yeah good to be neighbourly and settle things amicably but a piece of lawn is not the end of civilisation as we know it. And yes I've had my lawn visited by wandering livestock - I kept them there and let the owner know.

Yeah I get it some will want things remedied. Thats how it is...

Especially after 4 visits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

fritzelly wrote: »
    Maybe try reading the thread like the first post

Doesn’t answer the question

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Doesn’t answer the question

Yes he would have allowed it

Are you sure ? I'm sure he will answer for himself "gozunda" TBH.

He may never know what its like to be in the position of the OP and why, but to come in here with his size 12s and be disrespectful about what ones priorities should be when terminally ill, is pig ignorant in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I know, and I hope so too or not for a long time but it does seem rather trivial in comparison. From the pictures the damage doen't look all that big of a deal. Few hollows and humps. Sure we had cattle in the front of the house here several times and we never went claiming over it.

The way the OP has come at this with court proceedings and the sherrif you'd swear someone had come in and dug the whole place up with a JCB.
    A real good way to make yourself look like a troublemaker in a rural community where everyone knows eachother.

A troublemaker... Do you mean him or me

By the way how did your claim work out for the dent in your 15 year old car, did you get cash from the old man for your time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mod: Cool it down folks, please.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

Are you sure ? I'm sure he will answer for himself "gozunda" TBH.

He may never know what its like to be in the position of the OP and why, but to come in here with his size 12s and be disrespectful about what ones priorities should be when terminally ill, is pig ignorant in my opinion.

No worries - that was rhetorical but yeah I reckon akin to asking anyone "What the fúck is wrong with you." "STB" ..

But dont worry about it ...

No worries - that was rhetorical but yeah I reckon akin to asking anyone "What the fúck is wrong with you." "STB" ..

But dont worry about it ...

I am surprised I had to ask. It was irrelevant, needless and ignorant as any sane person might agree. :)

Anyway.... any chance of a picture of you and the farmer with a massive cheque for the boardsees Ginger ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ginger83 wrote: »
    A troublemaker... Do you mean him or me

By the way how did your claim work out for the dent in your 15 year old car, did you get cash from the old man for your time

You’re OK. We got this. You’ve enough on your plate.

I am surprised I had to ask. It was irrelevant, needless and ignorant as any sane person might agree. :)

Aye that's the point. With a rhetorical question no need 'to ask'. But Indeed the two were well matched...
    Anyway.... any chance of a picture of you and the farmer with a massive cheque for the boardsees Ginger ??

Lol getting a bit ott with it no? - if I didn't know better I'd say way to much gargle or otherwise there ... :pac:

Lol getting a bit ott with it no? - if I didn't know better I'd say way to much gargle or otherwise there ... :pac:

You're right, you don't know better. I don't suffer fools gladly. Please forgive me. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note, thread closed, gone way off topic now.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement