Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Router Problems

Options
  • 16-10-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Down with the inlaws and they have disconnected there router to do up their living room. It's an old technicolor router with just phone line connected and power. When they reconnected it a technicolor up address opened to sign in but they have thrown out the info. I tried all the possible combinations Google have thrown at me but none work.

We bought them a new TP Link router thinking it might solve the problem but that only takes an Ethernet cable not a phone line so what I'm looking for is maybe an adapter for phone line to Ethernet? Or what other options have I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MondayBlues

The easiest way to handle this is just to contact their internet provider and should be able to solve the login issue over the phone. If they can’t they’ll send out a new router either free of charge if it’s extremely old or 80 quid or so for a new one. You could just tell them it’s died either.

Is there no reset button on the current router?

If your planning on buying a new router, contact the ISP to make sure it’s compatible and it has the right connections. The settings should be easy to find over the internet. Any DSL router should do

Advertisement