Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

jarvis wrote: »
    Got an email to say my bill is ready. Logged in and the bill is listed. But when I click it it won’t open. Anyone find this? Does it fix itself?

I got an email too - clicked on the link and got a very comprehensive bill - all broken down into calls made etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone know how to turn off voicemail completely

Dialing ##002# works for Eir / Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

EmonMCC wrote: »
    So after waiting exactly 2 weeks I finally received my Sim today. Popped it in the phone and ... nothing!

No network connection, no data connection. My Galaxy S7 is showing me "Emergency calls only". I did all the network connections reset, deleted and added the APN manually and tried everything - minus the factory reset - I've read here on these 7 pages full of knowledge collected in the hive-mind ;-)

On my gomo account it still says that my order is in progress and that there is no number on my account. I haven't been billed anything so far. Not even the 10 quid setup fee.

Any ideas?

I had to wait 5 days you need to wait until your account online says your number and “processing” is gone then sim works no issue - I thought it would work also straight away but the online account had to state it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone know how to turn off voicemail completely?
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dialing ##002# works for Eir / Meteor

Just for info, this wont switch actually off voicemail, it just cancels diverts.

If someone calls your number with 5 after the prefix, they can still leave a voicemail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Oige1981 wrote: »
    I had to wait 5 days you need to wait until your account online says your number and “processing” is gone then sim works no issue - I thought it would work also straight away but the online account had to state it also.

Thanks for that couldn't understand why there was zero reception

My account still says in progress and no number so I'll leave the sim in a spare phone and wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

Is your phone unlocked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I've been trying to port my phone for a few days now, it incorrectly indicated that my current Network was Vodafone, but it is 48 and I later received an error message saying they couldn’t port my number because my number wasn’t available from the Network I selected. I didn’t select a Network, when you go to Port your number, their system selects the Network they think you’re on and it doesn’t give you any option to change the Network. I’ve tried porting several times, but with the same results. I have also messaged Gomo, but I haven’t received a reply yet. Now I've been trying their on-line chat and I've been on chat for almost 4 hours and still no response. Does anyone know what time there chat support shuts down or as they are probably based in Mumbai or something, it could be 24/7. I'll probably leave the chat open all night and I wouldn't be surprised if they never reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

KOR101 wrote: »
    I live in an apartment. I assume the sim box fits in a small post box and that I won't really have to sign for it. Correct?
    I had to sign for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

So my SIM arrived but there’s no phone number associated with my account online. What am I meant to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Anybody know the code I should put before a dialed number to withhold my own number on GoMo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

longcock wrote: »
    Anybody know the code I should put before a dialed number to withhold my own number on GoMo

Same on all networks, put #31# before the number you are dialing to hide your number.

Its easier to switch it on/off in the phone settings depending on what phone you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

#31# to block number for one call when default is unblocked

*31# to unblock number for one call when default is blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭funnyname

https://nac.vodafone.ie/

To request an unlock code for your phone from Vodafone, can take 3 to 20 days depending on the phone manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

What?......on Nov 1st?

I got a message on the 30th/31st saying 80 percent of my data was used and then a few hours later another text saying I had used 100 percent. Another user said it might be just at the end of the billing cycle but I haven't received a bill yet. This was after having the card for less then a week. With no way to check data consumption I don't know if this is true. If it is or not it made no difference to my data speeds.
    I'm now on day two of not being able to receive or make calls. I can receive text and I get a missed call message. I don't know if these issues are connected and have heard nothing back from support.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Anyone port over from Virgin? Got the new sim (2weeks late) and my gomo account shows the new number etc but do I need to contact virgin to keep my existing number?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

What's the opinion, is Gomo worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

jclack wrote: »
    Anyone port over from Virgin? Got the new sim (2weeks late) and my gomo account shows the new number etc but do I need to contact virgin to keep my existing number?

You do not need to contact Virgin Media.

Log into MyGoMo on their website and choose to "move your number" and set a port date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Is everyone supposed to get their bill issued on the 1st? I ported over on the 20th of last month, no bill so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can someone tell me cost to call UK please.
    Also premium numbers?
    Also, do people think this will encourage other companies to offer better deals or is it insignificant?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Is everyone supposed to get their bill issued on the 1st? I ported over on the 20th of last month, no bill so far.

Yes, bills are supposed to be on the 1st if each month. Some other people have not got a bill too. Perhaps, you will not get your first bill till next month.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me cost to call UK please.
    Also premium numbers?
    Also, do people think this will encourage other companies to offer better deals or is it insignificant?

International costs here https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

I think it depends on how long this offer goes on for as to what competitive responses there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I'm on the fence. The price reflets my experience so far. On the road now, Kinsale to Dublin signal has dropped 3-4 times for 5+ minutes while fellow passenger on vodafone has had no issues

Szero wrote: »
    International costs here https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

I think it depends on how long this offer goes on for as to what competitive responses there will be.

Sorry if I'm missing something but that link seems to say excludes premium and international calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

blade1 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm missing something but that link seems to say excludes premium and international calls.
    Scroll down.

It's a low risk @ 9.99 EUR per month with plenty of report of positive experience. I think people have little to loose by giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

So far I'm really happy with Gomo.Living in North Dublin & travelling to Galway now. Watching Netflix the while way from Heuston to Athlone with no issues.

I noticed coverage bar dropped for maybe 1 min near Portarlington.

I was with Eir previously on €20. For €9.99 now I'm happy out.

On the train the WiFi is patchy after Athlone especially around Ballymoe area. Hit the dreading E bar. Back to 4g around Castlerea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

Pen Rua wrote: »
    So my SIM arrived but there’s no phone number associated with my account online. What am I meant to do now?

Wait a day or 5. Like discussed a few posts above I had the same issue. Like Oige1981 pointed put, it took them 5 days to get the number/account going.

For me it fortunately took <24 hrs. I logged in this morning to check and voilà number is showing up. Popped the card back into the phone and all up and running smoothly ;-)

Szero wrote: »
    Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Scroll down.

It was scrl across on my phone :o:)

About 24c a min to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

For me without a doubt. I ordered my SIM late Thursday night/early Friday morning the 17th/18th after reading Adrian Weckler's article on the Indo.
    I received it the following Thursday morning, 6 days later. Had intended waiting a couple of weeks before I ported but decided to vote the bullet and set my port for 9am Friday morning.
    Worked like a treat. Getting on average 30Mbps download speeds irrespective of the time of day.
    Got my first bill of €9.99 yesterday do couldn't be happier with the service.
    I feel sad for all the people who have been having problems. Obviously if that had happened to me I would have a different opinion of GoMo.
    At the end of the day I said to myself before I signed up....I'll take a punt on it, if it doesn't work out all I lose is €20.
    C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

I live in an apartment. I assume the sim box fits in a small post box and that I won't really have to sign for it. Correct?

Yes it fits easy - see pic.

Advertisement