Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 j3zz

Hi all, my wife have a gomo and frustrating problem. When someone trying to call her - it always drops a call after 3 beeps. Call is not reverted to voice mail. I can hear that "connection with number is not available at the moment" or something similar.

It can be a phone problem or network operator problem ? Wanna try ask here, before I start moving sims and messing with google accounts to check behavior on other phones 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭rhinosaurious

Typo

Post edited by rhinosaurious on

They have a phone number that handles all that kind of stuff. You should give them a ring and they should be able to sort all that.

1800 21 03 42

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Well well well, was thinking about switching to Eir to get 5G as they said Gomo would never offer it...but then see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

Anyone tell me what uk calls and texts cost (from Ireland on GoMo) - or is there an add on for them? couldn't find much on the website about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I'm am existing customer. When I go to the site I can upgrade to 5g and go onto the €14.99 plan (I'm on €9.99).

Happy enough with the 4g though for the immediate future.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tiegan

Thanks I read that already and it states

"Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries. Roaming allowances are subject to fair usage limits. Excludes Premium, International and roaming outside of the EEA zone" as the uk is now not in the EEA does that mean they charge as international?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Hi, thinking of switching to GoMo are people happy enough with it?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Right now I don't think 5G will add anything I'm missing out on being on 4G. Think I'll stay on my €9.99 plan for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Same here. Have two €9.99 SIM's, one is in the WIFI SIM enabled router for the apartment. Might be tempted down the line to upgrade the one I have in my iPhone....will wait see what the early adopters think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

5G may drain your battery faster than 4G. If im getting 100mbs+ down I personally dont get any benefit in faster speeds for my usage. Perfectly fine also for hotspotting for work if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

"..as the uk is now not in the EEA does that mean they charge as international?"

Calls from Ireland to UK are international calls and charges apply because it's not roaming.

It's only when roaming in EEA/UK that calls within EEA/UK are taken from allowance without extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Do you have to be an eir/GoMo customer to use this? Seems from the app description that anyone can use it. Be handy enough for nonEU roaming if that were the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Calling/texting from one's home country to other EEA countries has been regulated by the EU the past few years. AFAIK, all Irish networks are still applying these regulated rates to the calls/texts to the UK, even though it's no longer part of the EEA.

The regulated rates are 23c/min for calls and 7c per SMS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_international_calls_regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I received an SMS from GoMo stating that I previously received a text message warning me that their services were for strictly personal uses and not for commercial uses, and that if I continue, they will close my account.

1) I don’t use it for commercial purposes

2) I never received a text message (i’d remember)

3) I text about three people, calls are low, and data is not that high at all.

has anyone else gotten a message like this? It has me very worried. Just asking here before I contact them directly.

I find the phone number the most helpful for things like these, if you pull their leg a little about this they might give you a couple months credit for the inconvenience, they usually do that anyways 1800 21 03 42.. strange text though! Check it wasn’t a scam beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Going the the north and Scotland, anyone know the data roaming rates for that with GoMo ?

Havnt been charged for roaming to either of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I’ve been in the UK plenty of times with GoMo. Same as EU allowances. Upwards of 10GB of data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Anyone get switched to 5G yet? I filled in the online form so it should start in early April. For an extra €2 I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 QuasiZZ

j3zz,

Yes, I have the same issue. At GoMo's suggestion, I tried my GoMo SIM card in another phone - problem went away. Eventually, after some hours chatting with Google Support (my phone is a Pixel 6 Pro), they got back to me to say that their engineers were working on a fix which should be rolled out in the next update (so, April at the soonest).

Google didn't say, but I don't think that it's a coincidence that this problem started about the same time as they activated Call Screening for Ireland (Jan./Feb.).

Your wife's phone an Android?

Regards,

Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

"For an extra €2 I think it's worth it."

Thread in BA...

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058286512/gomo-15-plan-now-includes-5g/p3

...consensus seems to be that most are happy with 4G+ speeds they get on the lower priced plans.

Too late now... 13 to 15 a month isn't a big jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Been using my 15e sim today with 5g enabled. I've noticed it's showing 5g symbol all the time but I'm living in 4g only territory and speed test proves this with same speeds as before with my 4g sim. It doesn't display 4g at all now it will drop from 5g to 3g. No in between. Speeds are same as my 4g sim. Apart from an area today with proper 5g I got 402 Meg download speed. Impressive. So unless I do a speed test on my travels I will not know if I'm receiving true 5g service despite my phone displaying the 5 g symbol

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Been using my 15e sim today with 5g enabled. I've noticed it's showing 5g symbol all the time but I'm living in 4g only territory and speed test proves this with same speeds as before with my 4g sim. It doesn't display 4g at all now it will drop from 5g to 3g. No in between. Speeds are same as my 4g sim. Apart from an area today with proper 5g I got 402 Meg download speed. Impressive. So unless I do a speed test on my travels I will not know if I'm receiving true 5g service despite my phone displaying the 5 g symbol

That's impressive it even posts twice 😏😏

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Banzai600

ive had various issues around coverage for over a year now, i frequently loose data etc. Yet, ppl whom i told to swtich to gomo havent had any issues!

My partner has a gomo sim, and we're in the same house, i loose signal, or really sh1tty reception on a call and hers is fine?!

ive been onto gomo so many times - ive tested sim in a few different hpones but the problem is sporadic.

anyone else having any issues ?

might be a tenner a month, but im getting sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Same here, three devices with gomo Sims in this house and all affected, signal constantly breaking up, disconnecting, poor Alexa even upset about this, I have been on to support this morning and got the usual nonsense, turn phone off etc, it's a network issue without a doubt, I wonder has it anything to do with trying to move people to the dearer 5G plan, I am with them from the start, not sure what to do at the moment but this is beyond annoying.

Advertisement