Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

EmonMCC wrote: »
    Yes it fits easy - see pic. Funny thing is I didn't have to sign for mine, even though there's a signature icon on the label... Our postman gave it me personally though.

You may want to remove that!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

lighthouse wrote: »
    At the end of the day I said to myself before I signed up....I'll take a punt on it, if it doesn't work out all I lose is €20.
    C'est la vie.

Totally agree on this one! I kinda don't understand the people who are jumping on a brand new super discount offer from a company known for its bad service and burn all bridges behind them.

Keeping my Tesco card safe and sound on my desk for the next couple of weeks before I start porting the number. Call forwarding to the Gomo number is active and working. (N/B: to activate call divert just enter **21*your Gomo number# and press call)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What's the opinion, is Gomo worth it ?

For me definitely. I was already on Eir network as an old Meteor customer so I knew exactly the coverage at home and at work. The big differences is that I now pay 9.99 rather than €25 and I don't need to keep an eye on my data usage anymore, have the fair usage cap of 80GB rather than my old hard 10GB limit.

As for speeds etc that will vary enormously from one area to the next, even two areas in the same parish could have vastly different experiences.

Suck and see, always the option to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

I have a half price deal with eir. 30 euro a month for unimited calls texts and 15gig data. The coverage is great. Toying with idea of changing to Gomo , I wonder if it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I have a half price deal with eir. 30 euro a month for unimited calls texts and 15gig data. The coverage is great. Toying with idea of changing to Gomo , I wonder if it's worth it.
    Save €240 a year and get 65Gb more data per month with the same good coverage, easy decision. Order a SIM but don't port until it arrives. I was on a SIM only Eir plan and my coverage is the same but speeds have improved massively with GoMo - very happy.

PS: they are extremely busy at the moment and have a few teething issues to say the least but it's worth it - just don't port yet and you'll only be €9.99 down while you wait.

• Advertisement

Would the SIM work in a Meteor dongle and just use it for a hotspot at home?

advertsfox wrote: »
    Save €240 a year and get 65Gb more data per month with the same good coverage, easy decision. Order a SIM but don't port until it arrives. I was on a SIM only Eir plan and my coverage is the same but speeds have improved massively with GoMo - very happy.

PS: they are extremely busy at the moment and have a few teething issues to say the least but it's worth it - just don't port yet and you'll only be €9.99 down while you wait.

If I don't port initially can I still keep my eir number ? Thanks

If I don't port initially can I still keep my eir number ? Thanks
    Yup with your current Eir SIM, then you can port online. I only recommend porting after the SIM arrives because they are so busy posting SIMs out and since your with Eir, it will only take 15 mins to do regardless so the balls in your court. You don't want to port to happen before the SIM arrives

blade1 wrote: »
    Would the SIM work in a Meteor dongle and just use it for a hotspot at home?
    It will indeed, Eir / Meteor / GoMo are all the same.

It will indeed, Eir / Meteor / GoMo are all the same.

I'm currently on 50gb a month for 19.99 with Eir but it was meteor when I signed up.

So to move to gomo and get 80gb for €10 would seem the biggest no brainer of all.

• Advertisement

Yup with your current Eir SIM, then you can port online. I only recommend porting after the SIM arrives because they are so busy posting SIMs out and since your with Eir, it will only take 15 mins to do regardless so the balls in your court. You don't want to port to happen before the SIM arrives

Great thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Do do do do do do do do do do.
    Dub uh do duo do do dip do do do.
    Dup up dip do fun do dub do do do.
    Dub in dup do dup do dup do do do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was on a SIM only Eir plan and my coverage is the same but speeds have improved massively with GoMo - very happy.

I've noticed the same at times. Same as eir or better which is strange.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Pen Rua wrote: »
    So my SIM arrived but there’s no phone number associated with my account online. What am I meant to do now?

Wait. Some people are being impatient and getting on to GoMo CS about this. All GoMo CS will do is cancel that SIM and send you out another which means you'll probably be waiting much longer!

damagegt wrote: »
    I got a message on the 30th/31st saying 80 percent of my data was used and then a few hours later another text saying I had used 100 percent. Another user said it might be just at the end of the billing cycle but I haven't received a bill yet. This was after having the card for less then a week. With no way to check data consumption I don't know if this is true. If it is or not it made no difference to my data speeds.
    I'm now on day two of not being able to receive or make calls. I can receive text and I get a missed call message. I don't know if these issues are connected and have heard nothing back from support.

Your phone (at least Android anyway) will tell you how much data you've used since you inserted your current SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

Quackster wrote: »
    All GoMo CS will do is cancel that SIM and send you out another

Why would they do that? The Sim cards are being shipped with a tracked package and everyone can see that it has arrived. I suppose this is just a matter of the An Post delivery confirmation feeding back into the Gomo backoffice system which will then activate the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Friend signed up for 2 sims but put in wrong email address so wasn't able to verify email and login into account, he's not getting anyone on webchat either. Anyone know how he can sort this?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

damagegt wrote: »
    I'm on the fence. The price reflets my experience so far. On the road now, Kinsale to Dublin signal has dropped 3-4 times for 5+ minutes while fellow passenger on vodafone has had no issues

The journey must be riveting that everyone in the car are on the phone LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Quackster wrote: »
    Wait. Some people are being impatient and getting on to GoMo CS about this. All GoMo CS will do is cancel that SIM and send you out another which means you'll probably be waiting much longer!

Stick it in a spare phone if you have one in a few hours it should activate and then your number will appear on your profile.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

funnyname wrote: »
    https://nac.vodafone.ie/

To request an unlock code for your phone from Vodafone, can take 3 to 20 days depending on the phone manufacturer.

And they usually charge quite a lot to do it, too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

New Home wrote: »

I am in Dublin and wanted to unlock my mums Y6 to get her out of Vodafone and probably put her in gomo. The online sites quoted me, get this, 54 euro!

I went in Max Burns in Tallaght at 11am this morning and at half 12 it was unlocked.

Cost? 25 euro maxburns.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

SPAWKER wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that a Gomo sim being used in a Motorola G6 won't receive 4G that only 3G works in it anyone shed any light on this ?
    I have a moto g6 and 4g works

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

New Home wrote: »

Just looking and there appears to be plenty of free unlocking calculators for most phones online and in the app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

MMS messages not included in €9.99 deal.
    I was charged an extra 25c for each .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

MMS messages not included in €9.99 deal. I was charged an extra 25c for each .

Maybe I'm out of touch but do any providers include MMS in the unlimited bundle? I always assumed that free messages were sms only.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm out of touch but do any providers include MMS in the unlimited bundle? I always assumed that free messages were sms only.

Most don't even give free sms nevermind MMS.
    In an age of WhatsApp and Viber why use MMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shamrocka330

I’m currently with Eir and signed up to GoMo 2 weeks ago. Received SIM and have been trying to port my number across to GoMo but keep getting the “Uh oh! We tried to move your number but there is already a move in progress for this number”. I have scheduled a port on 5 separate occasions now and have received this text each time. Got onto somebody in chat, who wasn’t much help to be honest, who scheduled a port for the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday weekend but I got the “Uh oh” message again. Have tried to get onto chat again but can’t get connected to anybody. Just thinking, could Eir be the problem? Or is it a GoMo issue?

Anyone having a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I have a similar problem. I was with 48, but GoMo is telling me my number is showing up with Vodafone, so they can't port it. I spoke with 48 and they confirmed the number is with them and Vodafone has also confirmed the number isn't with them. This should be easy, but GoMo is making it difficult. It's very hard to contact GoMo, after several days of messaging with no response, eventually I got through to GoMo on the chat. The GoMo customer service rep wasn't very helpful and then he accused me of using abusive language, which was a complete lie. I told him I was very upset, but unless typing a few words in All CAPS is abusive language, he was completely wrong. He then told me the reason it wouldn't work was because I selected Vodafone, which is also a lie. since the system selects your Network and it doesn't let you change it. He then falsely accused me of using abusive language again and terminated the chat. I saved the entire conversation and sent in a complain, as I didn't use any abusive language. I'm guessing, this is their ploy when they can't or don't want to help you, they accuse you of bad language and disconnect you. Now I'm trying to chat and I can#t get through. Having not enough agents available is one thing, but then being rude to paying customers and lying and falsely accusing them is just terrible. I know they are probably inundated, but this is pathetic.

EmonMCC wrote: »
    Why would they do that? The Sim cards are being shipped with a tracked package and everyone can see that it has arrived. I suppose this is just a matter of the An Post delivery confirmation feeding back into the Gomo backoffice system which will then activate the card.

Can't explain the logic, am just going by the feedback on these threads from people who have been in this situation. GoMo cancelled the SIM they had and posted out another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Using GoMo three days now and no problems. Coverage a bit less than 3 travelling around Clare & Limerick but nothing to moan about for the money.

Also, this is €9.99 per month, not per 4 weeks - so less than half 3’s €20 plan.

There has to be a catch.

Advertisement