Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Saw this on FB:

>> I switched on Tuesday from eir. On Friday I was charged for 5 premium sms massages that I suppose to receive. Nothing arrived on my phone but gomo charged me €2 for each of them. That's additional €10 in just 3 days. There is absolutely no customer service to ring or chat about it. They just take money from your card. <<

She then said:

>> I did not requested any, never had or used any premium sms. I have no idea what is this. Never had that problem with other networks. Can't even get replay from gomo what is this. <<

Any comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think if you are going to be hit with unknown charges and no way of connecting support it's a bit of show stopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Having the same issue, have been waiting 10 days for porting without success. Have ssen others on previous thread successfully port from Eir to GoMo though... My issue was "escalated" on Wednesday with a fix within 5 working days. I couldn't be bothered reliving the torture that has been my experience with their customer service team. Continually told different info.

An example. Yesterday told ticket raised and would be fixed within 24 hours. No update today and contacted customer service. Was told that can't be fixed on weekends and it would be 5 working days from original escallation. Also said that if I cancelled now I could lose my current numbers.....
    I’m currently with Eir and signed up to GoMo 2 weeks ago. Received SIM and have been trying to port my number across to GoMo but keep getting the “Uh oh! We tried to move your number but there is already a move in progress for this number”. I have scheduled a port on 5 separate occasions now and have received this text each time. Got onto somebody in chat, who wasn’t much help to be honest, who scheduled a port for the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday weekend but I got the “Uh oh” message again. Have tried to get onto chat again but can’t get connected to anybody. Just thinking, could Eir be the problem? Or is it a GoMo issue?

Anyone having a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Saw this on FB:

>> I switched on Tuesday from eir. On Friday I was charged for 5 premium sms massages that I suppose to receive. Nothing arrived on my phone but gomo charged me €2 for each of them. That's additional €10 in just 3 days. There is absolutely no customer service to ring or chat about it. They just take money from your card. <<

She then said:

>> I did not requested any, never had or used any premium sms. I have no idea what is this. Never had that problem with other networks. Can't even get replay from gomo what is this. <<

Any comments?

A poster posted earlier how to unsubscribe from premium texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

blade1 wrote: »
    A poster posted earlier how to unsubscribe from premium texts.

Aw jeez 28 pages. But thanks anyway, appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

TheDriver wrote: »
    How to Opt out of Premium rate SMS
    Customers can now opt of being able to send premium SMS, for example, to the Late Late Show Competition.

Mobile Customers can opt out by following the below steps:

Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

The above bar applies to shortcodes in the ranges 51XXX and 53XXX and applies to messages sent and received.

It can take up to 24 hours for this change to occur

I just tried this with a phone on Vodafone and it failed. Is there another number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I just tried this with a phone on Vodafone and it failed. Is there another number?

The procedure for each network is different, not sure how to do it on Vodafone without contacting their customer service

Vodafone sent out a link a few months ago to an external website to submit your number to block premium SMS. For a company of their size they should have it set up on their own domain / portal.

PRSMSBAR to 50104 is for eir, AFAIK no one has got confirmation from gomo that the same procedure works with gomo. In fact someone reported sending it from a gomo SIM and still got scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

My brother has to enter sim code each time he uses the phone. Apple i phone 6 any ideas to stop this thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vince wrote: »
    My brother has to enter sim code each time he uses the phone. Apple i phone 6 any ideas to stop this thanks.

Settings App > Mobile Data > Sim Pin > Toggle Off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Davy wrote:
    Settings App > Mobile Data > Sim Pin > Toggle Off

From a security point of view it makes sense to have your sim pin protected. It prevents the sim being used in another phone should your phone be lost or stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Does he not use touch id?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tell him to stop switching off the phone or disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

advertsfox wrote: »
    Some other users have been required to do a factory reset to get it working - is this an option for you? Before you do though, have you test the SIM in another phone?

thanks again, I cant test it in another phone as my hubbies phone is the bigger old sims.

I preformed a factory reset and input the apn settings you gave me and no luck, I can send texts make calls but cant get onto internet or whats app etc without being on wifi. I got onto the chat on Friday again and they said thye will revert to me asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

was due to port Friday morning but despite port status saying its in progress it looks to be stuck. Will try the crappy webchat tomorrow but it looks like their contact us page is down...
    THERE WAS AN ERROR TRYING TO SEND YOUR MESSAGE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.
    lovely....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Myself and son ported a few days ago and sims preformed perfectly. Well I had to reboot my phone before data worked. Our sims came in a sexy drawer type card holder. Anyone with a revolut card knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway my wife's card arrived on Friday and it came in a much simpler cardboard envelope. Her phone required a full factory reset and even then it could only get 3G. I compared her APN to mine. She had Eir Data and Eir MMS. I had these plus Meteor Data and Meteor MMS. I copied my two Meteor APNs for her sim and 4G popped up. She's had no issues since. Maybe this information might help someone with the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Myself and son ported a few days ago and sims preformed perfectly. Well I had to reboot my phone before data worked. Our sims came in a sexy drawer type card holder. Anyone with a revolut card knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway my wife's card arrived on Friday and it came in a much simpler cardboard envelope. Her phone required a full factory reset and even then it could only get 3G. I compared her APN to mine. She had Eir Data and Eir MMS. I had these plus Meteor Data and Meteor MMS. I copied my two Meteor APNs for her sim and 4G popped up. She's had no issues since. Maybe this information might help someone with the same issue.

Good info.

Clearly they ran out of sleeves so demand must have been greater than expected which does seem to be the case.

ED E wrote:
    Clearly they ran out of sleeves so demand must have been greater than expected which does seem to be the case.

That was my thinking too

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Could someone post here the exact APN details here or has it already been posted previously. Just handier instead of going back though the thread .

Edit : went back to original post . Is this correct ?

data.mymeteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I have a feeling GoMo expected young people would know how sort half the things out themselves.

That's what their adds are aimed at.

I'd no bother with it and I'm totally not to what the adds aim for. :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I have a feeling GoMo expected young people would know how sort half the things out themselves.

That's what their adds are aimed at.

I'd no bother with it and I'm totally not to what the adds aim for. :)

Realistically, nobody ( the customer ) should have to be sorting any of these issues out . People are putting up with it , or as seen here , not putting up with it , because it's cheap & a great deal . They tried to be clever & lure people in saying this deal was open to the first 100k customers . Whatever way you dress it up , their customer service has been brutal for those that have had issues.

• Advertisement

Lennyzip wrote:
    data.mymeteor.ie

Yes. This is what my wife needed before she could get 4G.

She only got 3G on the Eir setting

Lennyzip wrote:
    Realistically, nobody ( the customer ) should have to be sorting any of these issues out . People are putting up with it , or as seen here , not putting up with it , because it's cheap & a great deal . They tried to be clever & lure people in saying this deal was open to the first 100k customers . Whatever way you dress it up , their customer service has been brutal for those that have had issues.

In fairness I was with Virgin and had to reset the APN myself for data when I was roaming. They instructed me how to do it via WhatsApp texts.

With GoMo It was made very clear before launching even that they would have no retail outlets for us to wander into. It was crystal clear that these issues with sim settings would be done by the consumer.

I understand that there are porting issues. I have no idea how many of these issues are consumers giving wrong numbers or a fault with GoMo. Obviously it's a mixture of both. I have no idea if GoMo has a higher setup failure rate than Vodafone or Three. They do have issues but its very difficult to gauge how many there are remembering that more people have ported in the last few weeks that possibly ever before to an Irish provider. We are talking massive volumes of people in a two or three week period.

In fairness I was with Virgin and had to reset the APN myself for data when I was roaming. They instructed me how to do it via WhatsApp texts.

With GoMo It was made very clear before launching even that they would have no retail outlets for us to wander into. It was crystal clear that these issues with sim settings would be done by the consumer.

I understand that there are porting issues. I have no idea how many of these issues are consumers giving wrong numbers or a fault with GoMo. Obviously it's a mixture of both. I have no idea if GoMo has a higher setup failure rate than Vodafone or Three. They do have issues but its very difficult to gauge how many there are remembering that more people have ported in the last few weeks that possibly ever before to an Irish provider. We are talking massive volumes of people in a two or three week period.

That's all reasonable points. My issue is actually ignoring people on social media, i.e. Twitter & Facebook. If there was going to no support in shops , it should have been online . I'd love to know how many people they have working in the Twitter & Facebook departments to deal with customer questions .

Just about one of your points, where was it crystal clear that the SIM settings had to be sorted by the customer ? Is it in the terms & conditions ?

I just had a look there now as well , their last post on Twitter was 26th October and people have left messages on that tweet since . Very odd altogether .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

Its important to be aware that GoMo support is awful. I’m now in my FOURTEENTH day without a service after they disabled my Vodafone service and then gave my number to someone else. I was getting someone else’s private text messages and I suspect that someone else is / was getting my texts and calls !

Lodged a complaint and eventually got a replacement sim but after three days and three chat sessions still without service the best they can offer is ‘ someone will get back to you as soon as possible’ —- GoMo are a joke and I can’t understand how Comreg allow this shoddy incompetent outfit to operate .......

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Futureadvocate

I signed up with GoMo on the 21st of October with my number scheduled to be ported from Virgin on the 1st November. All good.

I already have a bill due this week with the "usage period" being for Oct 1st to Oct 31st. This can't be correct, right? Or is there something I missed in the small print?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Lennyzip wrote: »
    That's all reasonable points. My issue is actually ignoring people on social media, i.e. Twitter & Facebook. If there was going to no support in shops , it should have been online . I'd love to know how many people they have working in the Twitter & Facebook departments to deal with customer questions .

Just about one of your points, where was it crystal clear that the SIM settings had to be sorted by the customer ? Is it in the terms & conditions ?

I just had a look there now as well , their last post on Twitter was 26th October and people have left messages on that tweet since . Very odd altogether .

There are plenty of posts after 26 October. Go to "tweets and replies".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Does anyone know if you can enable WiFi calling on GoMo? I’ve dropped a few calls and the phone then prompted me to enable WiFi calling but when I do this it tells me I need to contact Eir support. It would be handy to have it as signal at home isn’t great. I’m using an iPhone 6.

Lennyzip wrote:

No face to face service. Either the client was going to be changing the sim settings or they were going to be sending sim back to have settings changed. With no retail outlets it was obvious client would be changing sim setting themselves. It is the norm for all providers that client change sim settings themselves. You do have an option to travel to a retail for other providers outlet but the vast majority will be done by the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

jarvis wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can enable WiFi calling on GoMo? I’ve dropped a few calls and the phone then prompted me to enable WiFi calling but when I do this it tells me I need to contact Eir support. It would be handy to have it as signal at home isn’t great. I’m using an iPhone 6.

No WiFi calling support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Could someone post here the exact APN details here or has it already been posted previously. Just handier instead of going back though the thread.
    Delete all APNs, make a new one with these settings:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

Leave everything else default, save those - then restart your device.

Advertisement