Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

JTMan wrote: »
    There are plenty of posts after 26 October. Go to "tweets and replies".

Yes , you are correct . I was looking at the main tab instead of what you suggested .

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No face to face service. Either the client was going to be changing the sim settings or they were going to be sending sim back to have settings changed. With no retail outlets it was obvious client would be changing sim setting themselves. It is the norm for all providers that client change sim settings themselves. You do have an option to travel to a retail for other providers outlet but the vast majority will be done by the client.

If the provider is responsible for the porting, why is it up to the customer to change the SIM settings . I was with Vodafone for most of my life . Then I switched to ID Mobile a couple of years ago . When they went bust I switched back to Vodafone . Not once in these 2 incidents of me porting did I have to change a single setting myself on my phone settings . I got the SIM cards both times and both times there was literally no loss of service . I think it took a couple of hours each time .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You have to remember that the number of phone shops is getting smaller all of the time. My local Dublin shopping center had four phone shops & it's now down to one shop. Even in Dublin we have to travel a fair bit before we find a shop. In the country it can be a major heartache to get to a phone shop. Changing your sim settings yourself is the norm now. It's not difficult to do. it takes minutes to do.

Anyways with no retail outlets it was known before launch that client would have to do these things themselves. If that doesn't suit them they can continue to pay 25 or 30 euro per month for the privilege of having someone else change their sim card settings. GoMo isn't for everyone & I've no doubt their CS could be improved. I think they got caught out on their own success. I don't think they expected so many to port over in the first few weeks

You have to remember that the number of phone shops is getting smaller all of the time. My local Dublin shopping center had four phone shops & it's now down to one shop. Even in Dublin we have to travel a fair bit before we find a shop. In the country it can be a major heartache to get to a phone shop. Changing your sim settings yourself is the norm now. It's not difficult to do. it takes minutes to do.

Anyways with no retail outlets it was known before launch that client would have to do these things themselves. If that doesn't suit them they can continue to pay 25 or 30 euro per month for the privilege of having someone else change their sim card settings. GoMo isn't for everyone & I've no doubt their CS could be improved. I think they got caught out on their own success. I don't think they expected so many to port over in the first few weeks

I'll repeat myself here , but neither times when I got the SIM cards did the person literally take my phone & change SIM settings . I was ported over and handed the new SIM card .

It's the reason I am asking here because I 've never heard of the customer having to do this them selves. I imagine when people signed up for this. They would get the SIM posted out , pop it in the phone , wait a few hours and away you go . That has not been the case for alot of people . Some horror stories here & on other social media outlets.

The reason why I held out is because of what I read online and complaints. It's not good customer service . And it's obvious now why they stated from the beginning there would be no retail support. I suspect they knew there would be a **** storm with the huge number of porting to be done .

Lennyzip wrote:
    It's the reason I am asking here because I 've never heard of the customer having to do this them selves. I imagine when people signed up for this. They would get the SIM posted out , pop it in the phone , wait a few hours and away you go . That has not been the case for alot of people . Some horror stories here & on other social media outlets.

I have had to do this myself with Virgin only a few months ago. I think to some extent you have tunnel vision on this because you have only ever done it a particular way. The vast majority of phones & sims are sold online & not in shops.

Sometimes it comes across like I'm having an argument with another poster. That is not the case here. I totally respect your point of view and experience.

Changing sim settings is not a big deal in my opinion. I do feel for people stuck in the porting process. I have my number close to 25 years. It's part of my business. On retirement I'm expecting to sell my number for possibly 100k. The thoughts of losing such a valuable number due to a porting error would give me nightmares. I can imagine the stress of not knowing if you can get your number back.

• Advertisement

I have had to do this myself with Virgin only a few months ago. I think to some extent you have tunnel vision on this because you have only ever done it a particular way. The vast majority of phones & sims are sold online & not in shops.

Sometimes it comes across like I'm having an argument with another poster. That is not the case here. I totally respect your point of view and experience.

Changing sim settings is not a big deal in my opinion. I do feel for people stuck in the porting process. I have my number close to 25 years. It's part of my business. On retirement I'm expecting to sell my number for possibly 100k. The thoughts of losing such a valuable number due to a porting error would give me nightmares. I can imagine the stress of not knowing if you can get your number back.

I think your been selective in what you want to reply to & ignore other stuff if it doesn't suit your narrative.

No problem, we move on . Good luck with it !

Lennyzip wrote:
    I think your been selective in what you want to reply to & ignore other stuff if it doesn't suit your narrative.

I didn't think I was ignoring anything tbh. I'm only talking about changing sim settings. I actually thought we were in agreement with everything else.

I've already said that they seem to be caught with their pants down on the volume of people taking up the offer and customer service is reflecting this. In order words customer service needs improvement

My opinion is no more relevant than yours and I respect your opinion.

As you suggest, let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

has anyone switched from 48Months and kept their number?
    there are issues with receiving automated sms with 48months so im wondering was there a problem receiving the text with code to their original number?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

Myself and son ported a few days ago and sims preformed perfectly. Well I had to reboot my phone before data worked. Our sims came in a sexy drawer type card holder. Anyone with a revolut card knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway my wife's card arrived on Friday and it came in a much simpler cardboard envelope. Her phone required a full factory reset and even then it could only get 3G. I compared her APN to mine. She had Eir Data and Eir MMS. I had these plus Meteor Data and Meteor MMS. I copied my two Meteor APNs for her sim and 4G popped up. She's had no issues since. Maybe this information might help someone with the same issue.

Would you be able to put your apn settings here please? My data isn't working and have tried everything thanks

Myself and son ported a few days ago and sims preformed perfectly. Well I had to reboot my phone before data worked. Our sims came in a sexy drawer type card holder. Anyone with a revolut card knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway my wife's card arrived on Friday and it came in a much simpler cardboard envelope. Her phone required a full factory reset and even then it could only get 3G. I compared her APN to mine. She had Eir Data and Eir MMS. I had these plus Meteor Data and Meteor MMS. I copied my two Meteor APNs for her sim and 4G popped up. She's had no issues since. Maybe this information might help someone with the same issue.

Would you be able to put your apn settings here please? My data isn't working and have tried everything thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Anitaosull wrote: »
    These are the standard ones. What do you have?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

I had to reboot my phone before I got data. Data settings are on the first or 2nd page of this thread. I'm on my phone so can't add a link on the stupid boards app

Edit:post number 4 on page 1

• Registered Users Posts: 34 WilliamC

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to contact gomo - I ordered 2 sims overs 2 weeks ago - set up under my email address - now when i go to the support section to find out where they are it asks me to login - I login fine but says i need to verify my account - i click send verification email but never receive it (have tried the resend option numerous times). At this point I have no way of contacting them and no way of cancelling and no way of doing anything - it seems really unusual that they wont allow you contact them without a verified account and then you cant get the verification email.

Has anyone seen this before? Has anyone any other method of contacting them?

WilliamC wrote:

Rather than try log in I'd try setting up the account again using the same email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

WilliamC wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to contact gomo - I ordered 2 sims overs 2 weeks ago - set up under my email address - now when i go to the support section to find out where they are it asks me to login - I login fine but says i need to verify my account - i click send verification email but never receive it (have tried the resend option numerous times). At this point I have no way of contacting them and no way of cancelling and no way of doing anything - it seems really unusual that they wont allow you contact them without a verified account and then you cant get the verification email.

Try the following email address:

customercare@gomo.ie

Have you checked your junk mail folder for the missing verification emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Is there any way of finding out how much data I have remaining, I can't find it anywhere on my online account and there's no short codes to text like there was with EIR. Thanks.

It gets better
    1) I just go an email saying this is basically the verification email click on link below to verify - click on the link it takes me to the page
    https://my.gomo.ie/emailVerification
    2) Here I am asked to enter the email address i ordered my sims with I enter the email address and it says I should receive an email verification line shortly - back to step 1 !!!!!

The eternal loop of verification -

The webchat appears to be gone it was there last week or so - I assume based on this setup they were getting bombarded with requests for help.

I went to the mygomo page and all that really does is puts you back to step 1

It seems as if they havent thought there systems through

They are not in junk mail - and since i posted this I have received three verification emails as if they were stuck in the system. (I didnt request verification today - so assume these are request I requested last week)

I think they really need to think this system through -

WilliamC wrote:
    It gets better 1) I just go an email saying this is basically the verification email click on link below to verify - click on the link it takes me to the page

I did suggest to register again using the same email address rather than try to log in. This worked perfectly for my wife

Thanks Sleeper I did try but it put me in the same verification loop - so allows me to use the email address - says it will send an email for verification and i did receive the verification email which again just put me back in the loop of a new verification email

@Gooser - I was able to email customercare@gomo.ie - so we'll see what they get back with

• Advertisement

KOR101 wrote: »
    These are the standard ones. What do you have?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

thanks, I tried all those. no avail. I have factory reset phone, done everything, tried the apn settings on the other page too, nothing works. got my friend who joined gomo to send me their settings and they are the same as above

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nippedin

thanks, I tried all those. no avail. I have factory reset phone, done everything, tried the apn settings on the other page too, nothing works. got my friend who joined gomo to send me their settings and they are the same as above

What make and model of phone are you using?

nippedin wrote: »
    What make and model of phone are you using?

Samsung galaxy a7

Samsung galaxy a7

earlier in this thread I posted about issues with my phone and GoMo,
    I have a Xiaomi Mi 9, calls and texts are no issue but I have no data.

MoGo support say its my phone and its not the network but it works perfect on 3 and Vodafone networks.
    I think I just have to move on

If you get a fix please post it, I would like to give it a go on my phone, after all it is a good deal if it works

I doubt it's my phone really as it's only a year old and I'm not changing it

mine is 3 months old and I'm not changing either
    your is a main stream manufacturer ( Samsung)so you should not see these issues

nippedin wrote: »
    mine is 3 months old and I'm not changing either
    your is a main stream manufacturer ( Samsung)so you should not see these issues

My hubbie just told me his pal at work has the same phone as the other posted and ha s No issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Lads just ported over there now, no bother at all thank god! Just wondering about calls and texts when ringing abroad or indeed if abroad in Europe? Can I make unlimited calls to people in uk for instance? If I was in France on hols could I make unlimited calls at home or to others with me in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dadsarmy

Just checking my bill and I see I was charged for two international texts to 00447786205094 but I did not send texts to that number.
    Anyone else have charges to this number on their bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dadsarmy wrote: »
    Just checking my bill and I see I was charged for two international texts to 00447786205094 but I did not send texts to that number.
    Anyone else have charges to this number on their bill.

Google it, its iMessage setup.

Advertisement