Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dadsarmy wrote: »
    Just checking my bill and I see I was charged for two international texts to 00447786205094 but I did not send texts to that number.
    Anyone else have charges to this number on their bill.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=00447786205094&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I got a message from Vodafone saying phones will work but other services will be down from 10am tomorrow to 7am the 7th.

If anyone has arranged porting for this time then it might not go through.
    Just a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I got a message from Vodafone saying phones will work but other services will be down from 10am tomorrow to 7am the 7th.

If anyone has arranged porting for this time then it might not go through.
    Just a warning.

21 hours???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

jarvis wrote: »
    21 hours???

Here.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

LillySV wrote: »
    Lads just ported over there now, no bother at all thank god! Just wondering about calls and texts when ringing abroad or indeed if abroad in Europe? Can I make unlimited calls to people in uk for instance? If I was in France on hols could I make unlimited calls at home or to others with me in France?

"Can I make unlimited calls to people in uk for instance?"

If you are calling them from Ireland, then no.

"If I was in France on hols could I make unlimited calls at home or to others with me in France"

Yes

• Advertisement

redmgar wrote: »
    has anyone switched from 48Months and kept their number?
    there are issues with receiving automated sms with 48months so im wondering was there a problem receiving the text with code to their original number?

I switched both of my parents from 48 to GoMo and ported both their numbers without any issues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Here.

I got the same message about a month ago while they were "upgrading" their website. After that, things began to go even worse (like, being deducted simultaneously from my top-up allowance and my add-ons for data, not being able to get the balance by text, the website only showing the balance once every three or four times, seeing that the new data add-ons are €5, €15, etc, but they don't tell you how much data you get for your money, etc.). I can't wait to get the new GoMo sim, at least even if I get the same problems I've been having with Vodafone I won't be charged through the nose for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Here.
    Interesting message from Vodafone. Not a hint of regret, apology for inconvenience or even a suggestion that service might be improved after the disruption.
    I understand that Revenue and Customs, who traditionally used 087 / Vodafone for their officers in the field are switching to 3. Voice and data coverage are important to them, both for official business and personal security.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Galway Man 83

Got my GoMo sim card in post nearly 2 weeks ago now. Ported over my original number. Seemed to be working fine but shortly realised no one on Vodafone network can ring or txt me. Have been trying to contact GoMo now for nearly 2 weeks and issue still no closer to being resolved. Webchat is rarely available and they take days to reply to emails. Im going back to my original network. STAY away from GoMo if you have any sense. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I switched both of my parents from 48 to GoMo and ported both their numbers without any issues.

You're a bit young to be posting here, lol

• Advertisement

Got my GoMo sim card in post nearly 2 weeks ago now. Ported over my original number. Seemed to be working fine but shortly realised no one on Vodafone network can ring or txt me. Have been trying to contact GoMo now for nearly 2 weeks and issue still no closer to being resolved. Webchat is rarely available and they take days to reply to emails. Im going back to my original network. STAY away from GoMo if you have any sense. You get what you pay for.

I remember similar issues when ID launched and the problem wasn’t with ID at all, but it was Vodafone at the time, I wouldn’t be so quick to blame GoMo. I switched over two weeks ago from Eir and my boss is with Vodafone and I can assure you he has no issues getting through to me, sometimes I wish he couldn’t get me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Can you receive calls / texts from networks other than Vodafone and calls from landlines?
    Gomo is working flawlessly for me, as expected, since it uses the Eir network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Aquos76 wrote: »
    "Can I make unlimited calls to people in uk for instance?"

If you are calling them from Ireland, then no.

"If I was in France on hols could I make unlimited calls at home or to others with me in France"

Yes

Well if I was to call someone in the uk from Ireland, how much would it cost then as I don’t see any prices for this?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

My number ported over yesterday, seems to have gone ok for the most part. Still have to get voicemail going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

LillySV wrote: »
    Well if I was to call someone in the uk from Ireland, how much would it cost then as I don’t see any prices for this?

Gomo.ie > Help and Support > Our Plan Costs > What are the rates for International Calls and Texts > Click the link provided there.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Here.

It seems you're in the next wave to be moved over to Vodafone's dreaded new system. Doesn't affect all Vodafone customers, only those who received that SMS. They've been moving over customers to this new system in batches over recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

A relative changed to GoMo last week. Calls and text OK, but no mobile data. A friend of hers changed her APN from GoMo to Eir data (data.myeirmobile.ie). Her mobile data worked instantly.

I changed over to GoMo just now and when I checked the APN, it was set up as Eir data also (not GoMo). Everything working. All good.

So, maybe the people on here who have no mobile data should switch the APN from GoMo to Eir Data?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Just looking for some advice.
    I believe I ported yesterday. organised a date and put SIM in.
    Unfortunately the only thing working seems to be the old VF Data, but with the new Sim?

Currently the phone gives no signal if called. Data working but I do not know if VF or GoMo.

When I log on I am asked for the SIM and the phone says "SIM network unlock PIN" when I enter the GoMo PIN I get " Network unlock request unsuccessful".

I own the phone though from VF but bought outright from day 1 so is it that the phone is locked out by VF or do I need to just wait and keep trying?

Sorry f queries basic but I'm not great with this, having no phone is a bit of an issue obviously.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

work wrote:
    I own the phone though from VF but bought outright from day 1 so is it that the phone is locked out by VF or do I need to just wait and keep trying?

It could be locked. Borrow a sim from a friend from network ot than Vodafone for a few minutes. Pop it in. If it doesn't work then you are locked to Vodafone.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It could be locked. Borrow a sim from a friend from network ot than Vodafone for a few minutes. Pop it in. If it doesn't work then you are locked to Vodafone.

How do you unlock do I get a code from Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Scruff wrote: »
    was due to port Friday morning but despite port status saying its in progress it looks to be stuck. Will try the crappy webchat tomorrow but it looks like their contact us page is down...

All sorted now, got onto the web chat 1st thing in the morning. Seems to be working fine but would be hesitant now to recommend to people who are uncomfortable with on-line only support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

work wrote: »
    How do you unlock do I get a code from Vodafone?

https://nac.vodafone.ie

There's conditions that need to be met to get the code from Vodafone.
    As a Pay as you go customer, you must meet the below requirements to be eligible to receive an unlock code.

You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code.
    You have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code.
    You have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code.
    Your phone was purchased from Vodafone Ireland.
    The associated Mobile number must have been used with the handset that is being requested to be unlocked.
    You have not requested three or more unlock codes in the past 12 months and not requested one in the past 3 months.

What model phone is it?

By the way, if it asks for the "Network unlock code" it's NOT the gomo SIM PIN being requested and repeated attempts with the incorrect code might lock you out altogether.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    https://nac.vodafone.ie

There's conditions that need to be met to get the code from Vodafone.

What model phone is it?

By the way, if it asks for the "Network unlock code" it's NOT the gomo SIM PIN being requested and repeated attempts with the incorrect code might lock you out altogether.

Samsung S7, I purchased outright on the day I took it as part of a corporate deal with a hospital. There is no support from the hospital IT service and Vodafone don't like dealing with corporate customers. I suppose the best ting is to try calling VF again.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...suppose the best ting is to try calling VF again.

Try the webform first to request the code from Vodafone but you might be waiting a while.

Other option is to search eBay for "S7 unlock code ireland". Costs between 10 and 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bodbod

Wow, I made the mistake of activating my SIM on October 31st. Just received a bill for October that amounted to €9.99. TBH, I assumed that they wouldn't screw me for the whole month's billing period. Let this be a lesson to you all!!

On a side note; is there anybody here in the Laytown (Meath) area? Unfortunately, there is no mobile reception within my house and this is deal breaker for me. I just moved from Three, which typically provided me with about two bars of reception. It is shame that Wi-Fi calling is only available to EIR mobile users as this would have fixed the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

bodbod wrote: »
    Wow, I made the mistake of activating my SIM on October 31st. Just received a bill for October that amounted to €9.99. TBH, I assumed that they wouldn't screw me for the whole month's billing period. Let this be a lesson to you all!!

The 9.99 EUR bill is for November 2019, not October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

bodbod wrote:

They haven't screwed you over. If you read you bill I think you will find that the Euro 9.99 due to be collected on 7 Nov is for the period 1 to 30 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bodbod

Ah, I see. I had only read the Usage period (01 Oct 19 - 31 Oct 19) but had failed to read the next line -> Monthly charge period 01 Nov 19 - 30 Nov 19. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

work wrote:
    Samsung S7, I purchased outright on the day I took it as part of a corporate deal with a hospital. There is no support from the hospital IT service and Vodafone don't like dealing with corporate customers. I suppose the best ting is to try calling VF again. Thanks for your help.

If it's locked you can go into a local repair shop & have it unlocked for 15/25 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

Phone ( GoMo.EIR) cut off - no warning second time. Off three hours now. Major health and safety issue. Contact me .

Advertisement