Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Could anyone please tell me what the number to dial to access your voicemail with Gomo is please?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

171 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

171 I think.

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

171 I think.

Yep.

When i dialled it first time it automatically offered me the voicemail setup options

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Ordered sim on 15th October. Still no sign. Yet I am being billed another 10 euro on the 11th November. I go into my gomo account and my number is there, pin etc. Yet definitely no card has arrived. I tried using the contact forum 4 times (24 hour response time apparently) yet not one word back. Where can I go from here, bit of a joke really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tbayers wrote:
    Ordered sim on 15th October. Still no sign. Yet I am being billed another 10 euro on the 11th November. I go into my gomo account and my number is there, pin etc. Yet definitely no card has arrived. I tried using the contact forum 4 times (24 hour response time apparently) yet not one word back. Where can I go from here, bit of a joke really

That's not right. You sign for delivery for the sim. They start billing you after you sign for the sim.

If you haven't signed for the sim then they can't charge you. If they do you will be entitled to a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    That's not right. You sign for delivery for the sim. They start billing you after you sign for the sim.

If you haven't signed for the sim then they can't charge you. If they do you will be entitled to a refund

Yet i can't seem to contact anyone. Is web chat still available, can't seem to find it on on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

tbayers wrote: »
    Yet i can't seem to contact anyone. Is web chat still available, can't seem to find it on on my phone?

I've asked via Messenger and got reasonably fast responses (one was 3 hours, another was about 24, others also). I have no complaints about GoMo and I suspect I'm in the (otherwise silent) majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Galway Man 83

I ordered sim card on 16th October. Arrived on 23rd October. Activated & Ported on 24th October. Haven't been able to receive a call or text from anybody on Vodafone network since then! Have spent hours trying to get issue resolved through GoMo web chat and emails. Majority of time web chat not available and email response has been abysmal to say the least! I have literally spent days trying to get the issue resolved.

Yesterday evening was final straw. Got notification from GoMo that they were sending me a new sim card even though I specifically told the web chat agent not to as it would have resulted in me not being able to make calls either while waiting for the new card which will probably take another week!

Cut my losses yesterday evening and ordered a new 30 day sim card from my old provider (virgin). Arrived via courier at 9.15 this morning!
    My advice is to throw that GoMo sim straight in the bin when it arrives! Port at your own risk!

Have reported my experience to ComReg. Just waiting on GoMo to revert with a ticket number which I requested a week ago tomorrow................ Absolute joke of an organisation. STAY AWAY.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Try ringing the 085 number listed in your account. It might be that someone else had received your SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Can you order a GoMo with a new phone number and port my vodofone over to that sim later or must you do the number porting when you order?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The former.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

Poulgorm wrote: »
    A relative changed to GoMo last week. Calls and text OK, but no mobile data. A friend of hers changed her APN from GoMo to Eir data (data.myeirmobile.ie). Her mobile data worked instantly.

I changed over to GoMo just now and when I checked the APN, it was set up as Eir data also (not GoMo). Everything working. All good.

So, maybe the people on here who have no mobile data should switch the APN from GoMo to Eir Data?

Exact same issue here. Hubbie took my sim6tofay tried in another phone his pal also with gomo and still didn't work. 40 min arguing with gomo on chat they keep saying to try other phone for 24 hours before they do anything else. Even though its not mine and I can't get it for 24 hours, They weren't reading my answers at all. So I told him if they don't send another sim tomorrow I will cancel contract and go back to 3. The asked I got was ok have a nice day..... so I will go back on chat tomorrow and terminate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Cut my losses yesterday evening and ordered a new 30 day sim card from my old provider (virgin). Arrived via courier at 9.15 this morning! My advice is to throw that GoMo sim straight in the bin when it arrives! Port at your own risk!

I'm sure there are thousands of satisfied customers who would disagree with your advice. I for one am satisfied with the service. Porting was completed in 7 minutes & without problems.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are thousands of satisfied customers who would disagree with your advice. I for one am satisfied with the service. Porting was completed in 7 minutes & without problems.
    Are u working for GoMo Gooser??

I am sure there are plenty of satisfied customers and why wouldn't there be at 9.99 a month. I am sure there are also plenty of people like myself who wish they never heard of GoMo.

Tried porting my number back to Virgin earlier. Cant get it back because of GoMo having issued a new sim when I told them not to! Have to wait now until it arrives whenever that will be. Virgin telling me I need to speak with GoMo.

My problem is they are not contactable majority of time. When u do get hold of their agents they are useless. I feel trapped by these guys.

I cant even get a ticket number off them to report issue to ComReg!!

No I'm not working for GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

I ordered sim card on 16th October. Arrived on 23rd October. Activated & Ported on 24th October. Haven't been able to receive a call or text from anybody on Vodafone network since then! Have spent hours trying to get issue resolved through GoMo web chat and emails. Majority of time web chat not available and email response has been abysmal to say the least! I have literally spent days trying to get the issue resolved.

Yesterday evening was final straw. Got notification from GoMo that they were sending me a new sim card even though I specifically told the web chat agent not to as it would have resulted in me not being able to make calls either while waiting for the new card which will probably take another week!

Cut my losses yesterday evening and ordered a new 30 day sim card from my old provider (virgin). Arrived via courier at 9.15 this morning!
    My advice is to throw that GoMo sim straight in the bin when it arrives! Port at your own risk!

Have reported my experience to ComReg. Just waiting on GoMo to revert with a ticket number which I requested a week ago tomorrow................ Absolute joke of an organisation. STAY AWAY.

I am in the same boat, a week now with no inbound service. Missed a call from the crèche today which is the last straw. How were you able to switch back to virgin when you can't receive an SMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Probably been asked a hundred times before but do you need to need to sign for sim card if and when it arrives ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Probably been asked a hundred times before but do you need to need to sign for sim card if and when it arrives ?

Depends on your postman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Depends on your postman

Also, if you get it delivered to work, reception might just sign it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

SPAWKER wrote: »

Doubt I'll be home when it arrives so worst case scenario it gets sent to local postal depo / office like what happens when you miss delivery of a package or something ?

This happen anybody??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Sleeper12 wrote: »

My sim arrived in my letterbox without any one signing. I didn't get any tracking number or notification of delivery status either. I haven't activated yet as I want to consume my 3 credit. I gotten an email that I will be charged €9.99 on the 7th of this month.

Also someone else's sim arrived in my letterbox without signing. I have since tried to contact the number on the packaging but no idea if that is the new sim number or the number of the person who ordered.

SPAWKER wrote:

Yes or as another poster says your postman might sign for you. Either way there is a record of the date and time that you receive the sim.

My sim arrived in my letterbox without any one signing. I didn't get any tracking number or notification of delivery status either. I haven't activated yet as I want to consume my 3 credit. I gotten an email that I will be charged €9.99 on the 7th of this month.

Your postman signed for it in the same way that he might sign for a small Amazon envelope instead of knocking on the door. The instant it went in your letterbox was recorded & this information goes straight to GoMo

Also someone else's sim arrived in my letterbox without signing. I have since tried to contact the number on the packaging but no idea if that is the new sim number or the number of the person who ordered.

Number on package is that of the person who ordered the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

set the porting for saturday at 10am but still hasnt changed over to my old number yet. Very annoying having a new number this long. is it just a waiting game?

Its nearly 4 days since it should have happened

popped the new sim in with pin code. gomo popped up straight away can make and receive calls on new number but nothing has happened yet with my old number changing over

I am in the same boat, a week now with no inbound service. Missed a call from the crèche today which is the last straw. How were you able to switch back to virgin when you can't receive an SMS?
    I ordered new sim from virgin. If your GoMo account is still active just ring 1908 and they will look after it. Best of luck with it!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I am sure there are plenty of satisfied customers and why wouldn't there be at 9.99 a month. I am sure there are also plenty of people like myself who wish they never heard of GoMo.

Tried porting my number back to Virgin earlier. Cant get it back because of GoMo having issued a new sim when I told them not to! Have to wait now until it arrives whenever that will be. Virgin telling me I need to speak with GoMo.

My problem is they are not contactable majority of time. When u do get hold of their agents they are useless. I feel trapped by these guys.

I cant even get a ticket number off them to report issue to ComReg!!

Just to make clear again, what's happened to you (like many others it would seem) is that you have been posted the WRONG GoMo SIM. The SIM you have is most likely connected to someone else's account and your SIM most likely has been posted to someone else's address (or is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere).

There are only two ways you can get sorted. If your number has ported to a SIM in someone else's possession, ringing your old number will put you in contact with whomever has your SIM and you can arrange to retrieve it.

If your number has ported to a SIM that hasn't been sent out yet, the only option is for GoMo to cancel that SIM and post a replacement SIM to you.

In summary, people keep reporting that their porting has been screwed up. It hasn't! Your numbers have been successfully ported to the correct SIMs!

What has been screwed up is the delivery of the SIMs! To avoid this happening to anyone else, it is absolutely imperative when you receive your GoMo SIM to check that the 085 number attached to it matches the 085 number in your My GoMo account. If it doesn't, you've been sent the wrong SIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Quackster wrote: »
    Just to make clear again, what's happened to you (like many others it would seem) is that you have been posted the WRONG GoMo SIM. The SIM you have is most likely connected to someone else's account and your SIM most likely has been posted to someone else's address (or is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere).

There are only two ways you can get sorted. If your number has ported to a SIM in someone else's possession, ringing your old number will put you in contact with whomever has your SIM and you can arrange to retrieve it.

If your number has ported to a SIM that hasn't been sent out yet, the only option is for GoMo to cancel that SIM and post a replacement SIM to you.

In summary, people keep reporting that their porting has been screwed up. It hasn't! Your numbers have been successfully ported to the correct SIMs!

What has been screwed up is the delivery of the SIMs! To avoid this happening to anyone else, it is absolutely imperative when you receive your GoMo SIM to check that the 085 number attached to it matches the 085 number in your My GoMo account. If it doesn't, you've been sent the wrong SIM!

my new sim deffo matches the new number on the account, its just taking since sat morning to port, is this normal for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Depends on your postman

Thanks for all your replies. No one will be there so hopefully he just pops it into the letterbox.

Advertisement