Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Blanco100 wrote: »
    set the porting for saturday at 10am but still hasnt changed over to my old number yet. Very annoying having a new number this long. is it just a waiting game?

Its nearly 4 days since it should have happened

popped the new sim in with pin code. gomo popped up straight away can make and receive calls on new number but nothing has happened yet with my old number changing over

I'm waiting 13 days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

my new sim deffo matches the new number on the account, its just taking since sat morning to port, is this normal for them?

What does the move status under account details on their website state?
    Originally when my port time came, nothing happened. I checked the site & the move status had updated to say they had no more available slots at the time I requested.
    I changed it to the next day & it went through fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. No one will be there so hopefully he just pops it into the letterbox.

I had to go to An Post delivery centre :/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

HighLine wrote: »
    Can anyone post a link to GoMo Webchat? I have looked on every page and can't find it. When I go to fill in the contact support information box, it comes back with an error message when I try to click send.

Hi, you are wasting your time. They reply to nothing. Automated response to Email, ignore Twitter. If you have a problem with these - and you most definitely will- you will just have to suck it up. EIR set this up as a cheap and not cheerful train crash. Trust me - there is no one home. switch back to whoever you were it- if they let you. Id leave you my number for you to ring me - but they cut me off.

Villan11 wrote: »
    I'm waiting 13 days.....

Bad but they can mess up even better. First no PORT, then someone elses number- then cut me off completely. Cant go back to my original provider until they release it!! This is a cheap shoddy mess- avoid it is my advice. You have no hope of anyone helping you- they dont give a monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

pistolero wrote: »
    Hi, you are wasting your time. They reply to nothing. Automated response to Email, ignore Twitter. If you have a problem with these - and you most definitely will- you will just have to suck it up. EIR set this up as a cheap and not cheerful train crash. Trust me - there is no one home. switch back to whoever you were it- if they let you. Id leave you my number for you to ring me - but they cut me off.

I had an issue and they replied via the contact form with a fix in 24 hours. https://gomo.ie/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Quackster wrote: »
    Just to make clear again, what's happened to you (like many others it would seem) is that you have been posted the WRONG GoMo SIM. The SIM you have is most likely connected to someone else's account and your SIM most likely has been posted to someone else's address (or is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere).

There are only two ways you can get sorted. If your number has ported to a SIM in someone else's possession, ringing your old number will put you in contact with whomever has your SIM and you can arrange to retrieve it.

If your number has ported to a SIM that hasn't been sent out yet, the only option is for GoMo to cancel that SIM and post a replacement SIM to you.

In summary, people keep reporting that their porting has been screwed up. It hasn't! Your numbers have been successfully ported to the correct SIMs!

What has been screwed up is the delivery of the SIMs! To avoid this happening to anyone else, it is absolutely imperative when you receive your GoMo SIM to check that the 085 number attached to it matches the 085 number in your My GoMo account. If it doesn't, you've been sent the wrong SIM!

I also don’t work for GoMo and have zero issues - waited until my sims arrived - checked the account both matched - pop one into the phone it didn’t work had to wait 4 days as the account still showed in progress then tested it for 5 days - was over the moon with speed - then Sunday evening with bank holiday Monday I said I’ll port both numbers over at 9am I’ll wake up and it will all be done! I woke up phones said no service from previous operator - put in my GoMo sim and zero issues since.

I’m surprised with the amount not working and some can be down to human error or GoMo if it was me I’d open all EIR shops to sorting out GoMos issues as a simple APN setting can’t be done by majority of people or if it’s not working at least they would speak to a human in a shop. It would be the quickest way to sort out simple issues and would please the customer. When my sim didn’t work with the 085 number I was like that’s weird and customer care telling me it should and it was because the account still showed in progress and I just waited myself for a few days which allot probably can’t if they ported without testing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

When my sim arrived i popped it in straight away (new 085 number), gomo popped up straight away. Only then did i port online (new sim still in phone).

old sim has not been in phone since i popped new one in on arrival. That was saturday, set up to port saturday and nothing yet.

Have I done it wrong?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bad but they can mess up even better. First no PORT, then someone elses number- then cut me off completely. Cant go back to my original provider until they release it!! This is a cheap shoddy mess- avoid it is my advice. You have no hope of anyone helping you- they dont give a monkeys.

You were posted someone else's GoMo SIM. That's why your port failed and why you then ended up with someone else's number.

When that someone else realised they had lost access to their old number after porting, they no doubt contacted GoMo CS who dispatched a replacement SIM to the correct address.

Dispatching that replacement SIM would have then killed the errant SIM in your possession.

The only way you can get sorted is to get your own replacement SIM from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

They deleted my last post but you might see this before they censor this one. Journalist doing an article on the shoddy service- give him a call, George Morahan. 01-256 1029.

I got through to them via a Facebook private message. It was just to ask about the delay in getting voicemail set up. That was sorted a while back.

Otherwise a flawless service. Great coverage, fast data speeds (inside my own house would be the slowest at around 6mb down but I'm always on WiFi so doesn't matter) and just the general switching over to GoMo was seamless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

Anitaosull wrote: »
    Exact same issue here. Hubbie took my sim6tofay tried in another phone his pal also with gomo and still didn't work. 40 min arguing with gomo on chat they keep saying to try other phone for 24 hours before they do anything else. Even though its not mine and I can't get it for 24 hours, They weren't reading my answers at all. So I told him if they don't send another sim tomorrow I will cancel contract and go back to 3. The asked I got was ok have a nice day..... so I will go back on chat tomorrow and terminate it

for anyone who has this issue I went on chat again just there and told her I tried it for 36 hours in another handset, (I didn't), she took my account number and details, came back 2 min later and said that gomo never turned on my sim card data,,,,, so I had to turn phone off for 5 min and it worked after she switched it on. so if your in same boat, ask them to switch on the apn settings on their side

You were posted someone else's GoMo SIM. That's why your port failed and why you then ended up with someone else's number.

When that someone else realised they had lost access to their old number after porting, they no doubt contacted GoMo CS who dispatched a replacement SIM to the correct address.

Dispatching that replacement SIM would have then killed the errant SIM in your possession.

The only way you can get sorted is to get your own replacement SIM from them.

Yep. That's what I said- got someones else's SIM, then their private texts and voice messages. Then without warning cut off a phone needed for medical emergencies. If you think that is all OK and you work for EIR.GoMo it says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Ordered on 29th October . Not too concerned it hasn't arrived yet going by the responses here but was able to setup the account & it shows it's in progress . Just a waiting game I suppose now .

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yep. That's what I said- got someones else's SIM, then their private texts and voice messages. Then without warning cut off a phone needed for medical emergencies. If you think that is all OK and you work for EIR.GoMo it says it all.

Yep, if I were in your position, my biggest concern would be that I had a SIM with someone else's number and was receiving private calls/texts meant for someone else. And the worry that someone else again had my number and was receiving my personal calls/texts.

This is a serious breach of privacy IMO and I'd be reporting it to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭shamrocka330

I’ve tried porting my number at least 12 times now over the past 2 weeks but keep getting a text message saying “Uh oh, there’s already a port in progress on that number” each time.

I’ve been onto their live chat numerous times now which has been really frustrating - each time I get a different person, who says different things and basically can’t seem to do anything from their end.

Has anyone had similar issues and found a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I’ve tried porting my number at least 12 times now over the past 2 weeks but keep getting a text message saying “Uh oh, there’s already a port in progress on that number” each time.

I’ve been onto their live chat numerous times now which has been really frustrating - each time I get a different person, who says different things and basically can’t seem to do anything from their end.

Has anyone had similar issues and found a solution?
    I did and it was because of a previous old Vodafone port attempt that was stuck in progress / the queue. GoMo escallated it, got it cleared and sorted in under an hour. You need to go down that route.

where can you find the status of your port on their site?

cant for the life of me find it. Heard people can see online if their port has been rejected etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

My sim arrived in my letterbox without any one signing. I didn't get any tracking number or notification of delivery status either. I haven't activated yet as I want to consume my 3 credit. I gotten an email that I will be charged €9.99 on the 7th of this month.
    It took 2 weeks for my SIM to arrive. Like you I had no txt or email to say the sim was going to be delivered or tracking, like they said on the website. The postman put it through the door no signature asked for.
    Been scouring all the pages of this thread to see if you hold off activating the sim until your current provider has run out, that they do not start billing you until you activate the sim??
    Is definately this true? Nothing on the website about it

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Once they see your sim has been delivered, your postman would have signed on your behalf, they then take it as your account is activated, whether you use it or not is your choice, but come the 1st of Dec you will be charged €9.99 for The month of December. The €9.99 you paid when order it he sim covers the remainder of the month that your sim has been activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Is it possible that some people are inserting the new GoMo sim as soon as it arrives? Wait until your old sim is dead first - you will be notified by a message. Then switch off the phone and install the the new GoMo sim.

You may be asked to insert a PIN code to boot up. It's on the card that the sim was attached to.

• Advertisement

Poulgorm wrote: »
    Is it possible that some people are inserting the new GoMo sim as soon as it arrives? Wait until your old sim is dead first - you will be notified by a message. Then switch off the phone and install the the new GoMo sim.

You may be asked to insert a PIN code to boot up. It's on the card that the sim was attached to.

Thats exactly what I did, put it in straight away before old one died. Should it make a difference though?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Once they see your sim has been delivered, your postman would have signed on your behalf, they then take it as your account is activated, whether you use it or not is your choice, but come the 1st of Dec you will be charged €9.99 for The month of December. The €9.99 you paid when order it he sim covers the remainder of the month that your sim has been activated.
    So my account is activated but the sim isn't. I'm not porting my number through, I wanted to see what the service was like before I do that. I asked them on an account msg about this but 2 weeks later no reply still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

no complaints about the service but i find it ridiculous how there doesn't look to be a way to check your data usage for thiose of us who tether and dont want to have throttled speeds if we go over 80GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jonnny68 wrote: »
    no complaints about the service but i find it ridiculous how there doesn't look to be a way to check your data usage for thiose of us who tether and dont want to have throttled speeds if we go over 80GB.

Can't you set this up on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Thats exactly what I did, put it in straight away before old one died. Should it make a difference though?

Quite frankly, I don't know. All I can go on is my experience. I waited until the old service was dead, then installed the new sim. Thankfully, it went without a hitch. I was up and going instantly - calls and mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

I waited for virgin sim to die, installed go mo and working without a bother , within 15 mins of my port time.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

longcock wrote: »
    Anybody know the code I should put before a dialed number to withhold my own number on GoMo

Dial 141

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

marsbar1 wrote: »
    It took 2 weeks for my SIM to arrive. Like you I had no txt or email to say the sim was going to be delivered or tracking, like they said on the website.

Did you opt in to marketing via SMS and email? If not, you won't get the notifications.

Yep, if I were in your position, my biggest concern would be that I had a SIM with someone else's number and was receiving private calls/texts meant for someone else. And the worry that someone else again had my number and was receiving my personal calls/texts.

This is a serious breach of privacy IMO and I'd be reporting it to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner if I were you.

Yep - sure is and did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I set up the port option of my mobile number last night, was up and running with gomo this morning, good mobile data, better than my previous, am happy so far, i didnt realise i would be charged the 2nd 9.99 until i had activated the sim myself, the first 9.99 was taken when i purchased the sim, i registered online before i received the sim and got notification the monthly 9.99 would be deducted on such a date, i would have presumed the monthly charge wouldnt kick in until i contacted gomo re porting. Can anyone clarify which triggered the monthly charge i.e. my registering on the site, my receipt of the sim or my confirmation to port my existing number.

Advertisement