Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

august12 wrote: »
    I set up the port option of my mobile number last night, was up and running with gomo this morning, good mobile data, better than my previous, am happy so far, i didnt realise i would be charged the 2nd 9.99 until i had activated the sim myself, the first 9.99 was taken when i purchased the sim, i registered online before i received the sim and got notification the monthly 9.99 would be deducted on such a date, i would have presumed the monthly charge wouldnt kick in until i contacted gomo re porting. Can anyone clarify which triggered the monthly charge i.e. my registering on the site, my receipt of the sim or my confirmation to port my existing number.

Receipt of the sim. They have this tracked. Either you or your postman signed for the sim & your contract started then

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I set up the port option of my mobile number last night, was up and running with gomo this morning, good mobile data, better than my previous, am happy so far, i didnt realise i would be charged the 2nd 9.99 until i had activated the sim myself, the first 9.99 was taken when i purchased the sim, i registered online before i received the sim and got notification the monthly 9.99 would be deducted on such a date, i would have presumed the monthly charge wouldnt kick in until i contacted gomo re porting. Can anyone clarify which triggered the monthly charge i.e. my registering on the site, my receipt of the sim or my confirmation to port my existing number.

It's the receipt of the sim - before you port, you still have a valid, active GoMo mobile number that you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edsb

Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    """"Yep, if I were in your position, my biggest concern would be that I had a SIM with someone else's number and was receiving private calls/texts meant for someone else. And the worry that someone else again had my number and was receiving my personal calls/texts.

This is a serious breach of privacy IMO and I'd be reporting it to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner if I were you.""""

===> I have had somebody else's number for 17 days now and I'm receiving their calls and texts - I got a text with secret code for them this morning - this must be blowing GDPR rules out of the water but GoMo dont seem to care !!! Somebody else had my number and was answering calls on it but its inactive now. I fear that they would have had sight of my personal texts too....

I'm 17 days without my number and GoMo still wont respond to mails or tweets. I have logged cases with the Data Protection Commissioner and Comreg but its slow and I am still without my number.....

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

edsb wrote: »
    ===> I have had somebody else's number for 17 days now and I'm receiving their calls and texts - I got a text with secret code for them this morning - this must be blowing GDPR rules out of the water but GoMo dont seem to care !!! Somebody else had my number and was answering calls on it but its inactive now. I fear that they would have had sight of my personal texts too....

I'm 17 days without my number and GoMo still wont respond to mails or tweets. I have logged cases with the Data Protection Commissioner and Comreg but its slow and I am still without my number.....

Also, if you use WhatsApp or similar, anyone with access to your number would be able to access that and download your entire chat history if you keep it backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Quackster wrote: »
    Also, if you use WhatsApp or similar, anyone with access to your number would be able to access that and download your entire chat history if you keep it backed up.
    Well that is just not true - unless GoMo also provide their exact Google Drive Gmail email address and password to restore their backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

edsb wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    """"Yep, if I were in your position, my biggest concern would be that I had a SIM with someone else's number and was receiving private calls/texts meant for someone else. And the worry that someone else again had my number and was receiving my personal calls/texts.

This is a serious breach of privacy IMO and I'd be reporting it to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner if I were you.""""

Email the CEO of Eir. Contact details here: https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-10179

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnskull

Is it possible to change the SIM Pin that was supplied with your GoMo card? I can't find the option anywhere on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You will find it in the security settings of your phone. Probably under SIM Card Lock.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

johnskull wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the SIM Pin that was supplied with your GoMo card? I can't find the option anywhere on the website

Yes, buy I did it on my phone. It'll probably be in your settings somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

New Home wrote: »
    It's the receipt of the sim - before you port, you still have a valid, active GoMo mobile number that you can use.
    That's weird, we got 2 Sims delivered to our house on same day, one I.e. mine has the first month of payment deducted tomorrow, I just ported over today, download speed is reaching 40mb, the other sim which was ordered using a separate account has no indication of when first payment is due, that leads me to believe, billing starts when accounts are registered, I've just registered the 2nd account now so will know if the billing deduction date gets added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

I’m trying to port my number over after receiving new sim;
    Filled out phone # and got sms text and put it in and was confirmed- then filled out scheduled date and time plus my current provider account:
    Then I press confirm but nothing happens , the page won’t update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Scheduled to port yesterday at 1530. Lost connectivity on my Eir sim around then and popped in my Gomo card.

Been working a treat since. Connectivity is an improvement over Eir. Getting 4g coverage in a lot of places where I only got HSDPA.

Very impressive so far.

jamesieliz wrote: »
    Filled out phone # and got sms text and put it in and was confirmed- then filled out scheduled date and time plus my current provider account:
    It's a bit hit and miss, log out and back in again, it probably has updated, something similar happened me yesterday, but it had held the details re porting.

Scheduled to port yesterday at 1530. Lost connectivity on my Eir sim around then and popped in my Gomo card.

Been working a treat since. Connectivity is an improvement over Eir. Getting 4g coverage in a lot of places where I only got HSDPA.

Very impressive so far.

Same here, major improvement from my previous service, am thrilled so far and only 9.99 for life, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

It's a bit hit and miss, log out and back in again, it probably has updated, something similar happened me yesterday, but it had held the details re porting.

Sorry one more query - once I’m ported over from my current provider (bill-pay out of contract) , does that mean I’m finished with old provider, I just get a final bill from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sorry one more query - once I’m ported over from my current provider (bill-pay out of contract) , does that mean I’m finished with old provider, I just get a final bill from them?

Yup

august12 wrote:
    Same here, major improvement from my previous service, am thrilled so far and only 9.99 for life, happy days.

I'm happy with the service so far too.

The catch with the "for life" thing is that in a few years we will all want 5G. This plan will most likely never be 5G. In the end though happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EGBDF

Just a word of warning - these people are impossible to contact. The web chat does not work, the contact form goes down a black hole and the email address is not replied to. I tried to cancel my signup to this service and was unable to do so and was billed as per contract. I have not received a SIM but am still unable to get any assistance. I advise to proceed with care - probably a good deal UNTIL you need to change something or cancel. Abysmal support obviously done on the cheap.

Just realised that I can't receive texts with photos attached. Are there settings I need to change?

EGBDF wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - these people are impossible to contact. The web chat does not work, the contact form goes down a black hole and the email address is not replied to. I tried to cancel my signup to this service and was unable to do so and was billed as per contract. I have not received a SIM but am still unable to get any assistance. I advise to proceed with care - probably a good deal UNTIL you need to change something or cancel. Abysmal support obviously done on the cheap.
    I would agree with all you've said if you run into any problems, luckily for me, everything has gone smoothly so far. I think you should be into comreg or consumer affairs or whichever one of them looks after customer after sales service, you obviously are not getting the service you've signed up to.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm happy with the service so far too.

The catch with the "for life" thing is that in a few years we will all want 5G. This plan will most likely never be 5G. In the end though happy days!
    I think 5G will be quite expensive for many a year, quite happy with what I've got for the foreseeable future,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EGBDF

Agreed august12 - the simplest thing would have been to provide a cancel option in mygomo when the order is showing as "pending". That could have avoided all the aggravation and would also have required the same resources on their part i.e. zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The progress seems to be always like that.

Mine ported a 3 weeks and still progress

The site is Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Yikes , just checked my account for the craic and it appears I've been assigned my number and the rest of the details. Ordered on the 29th October . Presuming it's on the way in the morning or maybe that's just wishful thinking . Checked earlier yesterday and it was still in progress, so I guess this IS progress. Not porting the number when I get it for the time been. If it arrives what's the procedure. Throw in the SIM , anything else have to be done?

august12 wrote:
    I think 5G will be quite expensive for many a year, quite happy with what I've got for the foreseeable future,

Dow speeds don't interest me but I will say that everyone said the same thing about 4G. Then Three announced they were weren't charging for it and it was free.

Time will tell. 9.99 is great value in the meantime. They just need to improve customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

Hi all, is anyone failing to receive SMS from certain people since moving to GOMO? A few of my contacts have sent SMS to me but I have not received these. ALSO AIB verification SMS is not coming through when trying to setup mobile banking. GOMO support response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. " which does not help at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snukka

Hi, Has anyone had their bill paid yet , it says on the bill that it will direct debit with the card registered but I don't see any amount coming out of my account yet? I know there's a pay now feature but was just going to leave it go out automatically

Snukka wrote: »
    Hi, Has anyone had their bill paid yet , it says on the bill that it will direct debit with the card registered but I don't see any amount coming out of my account yet? I know there's a pay now feature but was just going to leave it go out automatically
    It is due to be deducted today, hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Coz

Got SIM last night.

Logged onto my Gomo at 10am and booked a poet time of 10:15am.

At 10:21 I'm on the Gomo network.

Wasn't expecting it to be so easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

How can you check the status of your port on the site? Ive seen some people say there is an update as to status (in progress, rejected etc.)

Can anyone advise?

Advertisement