Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Snukka wrote:
    Hi, Has anyone had their bill paid yet , it says on the bill that it will direct debit with the card registered but I don't see any amount coming out of my account yet? I know there's a pay now feature but was just going to leave it go out automatically

My payment has just been deducted from my Revolut card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Can a default voicemail message be left? They seem to insist you record a name and greeting.

Because of this it immediately goes to voicemail when people call (as my message is essentially a short beep) and a notification for voicemail will pop up on the phone every time - but under the my mobile number. So when I tap on the notification and want to listen to the voicemail it just calls my own number again and leaves another message, prompting me to call 171 and going through the steps again. A bit annoying really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ported over this morning. Data is working fine but I'm having an issue with calls & text. Anytime I try to make a call I get "Call forwarding active" and I cannot send texts.

Is there a setting I need to change?
    (obviously, call forwarding is disabled in the settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

bren2001 wrote: »
    Ported over this morning. Data is working fine but I'm having an issue with calls & text. Anytime I try to make a call I get "Call forwarding active" and I cannot send texts.

Is there a setting I need to change?
    (obviously, call forwarding is disabled in the settings)
    Checked the old eMobile settings here and you can use the following:

##002# | Cancel all call diversions
    ##004# | Unregister all configured call diversions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭bren2001

advertsfox wrote: »
    Checked the old eMobile settings here and you can use the following:

##002# | Cancel all call diversions
    ##004# | Unregister all configured call diversions

Cheers, tried that but it didn't work. No long says "call forwarding active", it just ends the call.

I guess I'll sit on their support chat until someone is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Snukka wrote: »
    Hi, Has anyone had their bill paid yet , it says on the bill that it will direct debit with the card registered but I don't see any amount coming out of my account yet? I know there's a pay now feature but was just going to leave it go out automatically

Got an email today saying that payment was not taken "Bad News - Payment Returned Unpaid"
    I am not sure how as it's the same card registered (standard visa debit) that payment was taken from for the SIM in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Coz

Getting 12 down and 18.2 up in Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

kippy wrote: »
    Got an email today saying that payment was not taken "Bad News - Payment Returned Unpaid"
    I am not sure how as it's the same card registered (standard visa debit) that payment was taken from for the SIM in the first instance.

Exact same with me. Mail saying payment returned unpaid. If they can’t even get the billing right what hope is there for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My money taken no problem - so far, apart from having to change the APN for 1 phone, I'm loving the service and the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

€9.99 pending today on my credit card from GoMo. Have had no problems of any description since joining. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

anywhere to check how many have taken up the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭shmeee

anywhere to check how many have taken up the offer?

Their initial forecast has been exceeded I know in first month but they are a long way off 100,000 customers.

Ps. I added Revolut card to my account and payment went from that card today once confirmed via the Revolut app.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I'm thinking of changing to Gomo. Is it best to wait until the 1st of December to do it? No matter when you do it will you have to pay the €10 activation fee? Register now and set the porting date as 1st of December or will I be charged for November then also?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of changing to Gomo. Is it best to wait until the 1st of December to do it? No matter when you do it will you have to pay the €10 activation fee? Register now and set the porting date as 1st of December or will I be charged for November then also?

When you register you pay 9.99 and that includes first month irrespective of date. After that you are charged 9.99 at the beginning of each month for that month plus whatever out of bundle calls/texts for the previous month.

lighthouse wrote: »
    When you register you pay 9.99 and that includes first month irrespective of date. After that you are charged 9.99 at the beginning of each month for that month plus whatever out of bundle calls/texts for the previous month.

So if I register in today it will be 9.99 activation fee plus 9.99 for November even if I set the porting date as December 1st?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kippy wrote: »

“ Okay yes, we are aware of this one. Nothing to do on your end. We had a system in place to prevent duplicate charging, but it seems that anyone who has the same payment card registered to two or more accounts went down as a duplicate. We’re working to resolve and will retry the payment at some stage over the next few days.. apologies about that one but don’t worry, nothing will happen to the account :)

They are aware of this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

zeebre12 wrote: »
    So if I register in today it will be 9.99 activation fee plus 9.99 for November even if I set the porting date as December 1st?

No. It will be 9.99 activation fee and no charge for November and 9.99 for December billed on 1 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

zeebre12 wrote:

The way they seem to working is that the first bill you get covers the month following the month you sign up. I ordered my sim on 18/10, received & activated on 28/10. My first bill was issued on 1/11 & covers the period 1 to 30 Nov. Payment was taken from my Revolut card today.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Sim arrived this morning. How do I port over? I'm with Tesco PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »

Are you having a laugh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Choose prepay registered if your personal details are registered with Tesco.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I was able to pay with my revolut card through my curve card.

I gave my email address to register and they said to follow the link in the email they sent me. I have not got any email and this was a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Yikes , just checked my account for the craic and it appears I've been assigned my number and the rest of the details. Ordered on the 29th October . Presuming it's on the way in the morning or maybe that's just wishful thinking . Checked earlier yesterday and it was still in progress, so I guess this IS progress. Not porting the number when I get it for the time been. If it arrives what's the procedure. Throw in the SIM , anything else have to be done?

Well , the postie delivered it & I didn't have to sign for it . Threw in sim card & put in pin number . Rang from the house phone and it rang . Setup voicemail . APN info was already setup in Mobile Networks setting on phone . Just need to test out the data while out .

I havnt ported over yet as want to test it out for about a week . AIB online banking worked too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Does in progress mean its not despatched yet? Ordered Monday and it's still in progress, no sim arrived yet.

Does in progress mean its not despatched yet? Ordered Monday and it's still in progress, no sim arrived yet.

No idea what In Progress means. Still showing on my account eventhough I ported successfully 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I checked my account everyday since the 29th October. It said " in progress " everyday . I checked it last night before going to bed after midnight and it had all my details. Phone number, pin , etc . SIM arrived through the letterbox today . So , in theory, when you don't see in progress and see a number, it should be on the way, can only talk from my experience anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Zero issues here. SIM arrived after about 10 as they had predicted. Scheduled the port for 7am the following morning and no issue whatsoever.

Very happy with the move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

lighthouse wrote: »
    Choose prepay registered if your personal details are registered with Tesco.
    Let us know how you get on.

Ported over successfully with no problems at all.

Advertisement