Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

When a number appears in your account you can expect to receive delivery within a day or two. I’m with GoMo since launch and mine still says progress so I wouldn’t take any heed of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Do you need to sign for the sim card (registered post)? I wanted to change address to work address if that's the case but not sure how.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Do you need to sign for the sim card (registered post)? I wanted to change address to work address if that's the case but not sure how.

It depends on your local AnPost Courier person, in principle a signature is required but it looks like they just put it into the letterbox and sign themselves from the most of the reports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

One of my daughters' sims arrived this afternoon -- popped it in my phone to test it -- knew we weren't in a 4G area from the coverage map, but good solid 3G signal which is grand -- will be using WiFi for data here anyway.

All good. Stuck the sim in her phone, ported her number -- took less than 5 minutes. Happy days -- just €9.99 a month and no more credit or data woes.

Delighted! Now can't wait for the rest of the family's sims to arrive (should be Monday as according to MyGoMo they all have numbers allocated).

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Everything working as it should ( non ported ). Calls , messages , data . Just had one thing . Turned off the phone to charge it quicker . Turned it on and asked for the pin number , just like when I put it in the first time . Presume this is a simple fix ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Everything working as it should ( non ported ). Calls , messages , data . Just had one thing . Turned off the phone to charge it quicker . Turned it on and asked for the pin number , just like when I put it in the first time . Presume this is a simple fix ?

What?

Your new PIN and PUK should be on the card sent to you.

Lennyzip wrote: »

Yes, you need to go into your phones settings and disable your SIM pin.

That way only your phones security kicks in and not also your SIM security.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What?

Your new PIN and PUK should be on the card sent to you.

It happens every time I turn on the phone after I turn it off . Not like an unlock for general use .

Yes , I have both of those. That's not the issue.

Excellent , cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Things like this should be updated in the first post IMO.

Also about Hotmail emails having a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

As a general rule disabling the sim pin is bad practice from a security point of view. If your phone is lost or stolen the sim can be transferred to another phone and used. I know the spend on GoMo is capped at a fairly low amount but it could prove costly on other plans.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    As a general rule disabling the sim pin is bad practice from a security point of view. If your phone is lost or stolen the sim can be transferred to another phone and used. I know the spend on GoMo is capped at a fairly low amount but it could prove costly on other plans.

Never , ever had it setup before so it makes no odds to me .

Lennyzip wrote:
    Never , ever had it setup before so it makes no odds to me .

I hope you don't treat your voicemail security likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

When your phone is stolen you ring and cancel the network sim so you don’t need to have the sim pin enabled - I certainly don’t. The phone password lock is enough.

I hope you don't treat your voicemail security likewise.

I'm not important enough to be worrying about who might listen to my voicemails:- )
    And no , I don't have any security on it either .

Oige1981 wrote:
    When your phone is stolen you ring and cancel the network sim so you don’t need to have the sim pin enabled - I certainly don’t. The phone password lock is enough.

Right. Do you have the phone number for GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Of course I do I ported over my number to GoMo if my phone was stolen I’d log onto Apple and click - lost or stolen phone that would wipe the phone but leave the network enabled if obviously someone took the sim out - I would then send a message to GoMo saying here’s my account number and my number and it’s stolen - the time I log the lost sim would be the time that the SIM card was stolen - this not costing me anything, never had it happen in my life but just letting you know.

Lennyzip wrote:
    I'm not important enough to be worrying about who might listen to my voicemails:- ) And no , I don't have any security on it either .

It's not the listening to my voicemail that I would be worried about.

GoMo has a 30€ cap.

Disabling SIM Security has the disadvantage that the SIM can be used in a different phone (without the need to enter the SIM PIN) and on that device any security sms etc. could be received.

But that would require the thieve to know who you bank with or what secure apps you are using.

While other providers have a phone number to call if the phone/sim gets stolen with GoMo it's web chat/e-mail only so it's not going to be real-time.

So yes, it's a risk but as with anything each person needs to do their own assessment if the convenience of not having to enter the SIM PIN and device security on every reboot is something they are willing to take.

I'm sure that once enough people complain that the website fails to meet even basic requirements for e-commerce websites (like an e-mail address) and enough people complain about being unable to call for emergency situations someone will change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Is anyone else getting stuck on the Edge network all the time?

I notice that in areas with strong 4G, I'm still stuck on E and I've even seen G appear! I notice too that "3G" shows sometimes instead of H which I haven't seen on the other Irish networks. Is eir's network old equipment or are they dumping us stingy customers onto the crappy tech?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Ordered sim almost 2 weeks ago. Still hasn't arrived, . Today,when I went to my account details on my.gomo, it's now showing an 085 phone number and PIN. Can I assume SIM is in the post and should get Mon or Tues? And I'll be billed from as soon as SIM is received?
    Keeping as a second sim so no porting needed- hopefully will work without issues when put in phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

august12 wrote:
    That's weird, we got 2 Sims delivered to our house on same day, one I.e. mine has the first month of payment deducted tomorrow, I just ported over today, download speed is reaching 40mb, the other sim which was ordered using a separate account has no indication of when first payment is due, that leads me to believe, billing starts when accounts are registered, I've just registered the 2nd account now so will know if the billing deduction date gets added.

stupid question but how do you register a sim? Am waiting for my son and want to know what to do when it arrives ( bar just putting in the phone!)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

seefin wrote: »
    Ordered sim almost 2 weeks ago. Still hasn't arrived, . Today,when I went to my account details on my.gomo, it's now showing an 085 phone number and PIN. Can I assume SIM is in the post and should get Mon or Tues? And I'll be billed from as soon as SIM is received?
    Keeping as a second sim so no porting needed- hopefully will work without issues when put in phone.

Your activation fee covers the remaining period in the calendar month, so your next bill will be issued on the 1st Dec and taken on the 8th from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

sims arrrived yesterday, is it okay to port at the weekend or should I wait until Monday? Want it to go as seamless as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

podge018 wrote: »
    sims arrrived yesterday, is it okay to port at the weekend or should I wait until Monday? Want it to go as seamless as possible.

The advice from some people here is that porting during the week is safer because there are people in work in the IT teams in the mobile operators if something goes wrong. Hence, you might be best waiting until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

JTMan wrote: »
    The advice from some people here is that porting during the week is safer because there are people in work in the IT teams in the mobile operators if something goes wrong. Hence, you might be best waiting until Monday.

Will do that so. So I can schedule it now for 9am Monday morning and I don’t have to worry about it until then I assume.

dollylama wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting stuck on the Edge network all the time?

I notice that in areas with strong 4G, I'm still stuck on E and I've even seen G appear! I notice too that "3G" shows sometimes instead of H which I haven't seen on the other Irish networks. Is eir's network old equipment or are they dumping us stingy customers onto the crappy tech?

I have this sometimes on the preconfigured APN, swap to the Meteor APN mentioned in this post and see if it changes that.

Should not make a difference but does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi, I know GoMo gives "unlimited" calls, texts & data but is it possible to check how much of these you've used over the month? E.g on Tesco Mobile prepay, it was *100#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

What the f*ck is wrong with this crap? When I put in my email for the Customer Details part it says my email is invalid. Then I tried another email address I have and the same thing

Advertisement