Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

podge018 wrote: »
    sims arrrived yesterday, is it okay to port at the weekend or should I wait until Monday? Want it to go as seamless as possible.
    Ported second sim over at 9.30 this morning without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

I have an issue with data on my GoMo sim that I don't see anyone else having. Where I live there is no signal inside the house, and when I go outside only the voice/text signal connects. I have to activate 'airplane mode' and then deactivate it to enable data.
    Migrated from an eir sim and did not have this issue with them.
    I have tried resetting network settings on the phone, and setting APN with the settings on this thread.
    Phone is a OnePlusX on Android 6.0.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

zeebre12 wrote: »
    What the f*ck is wrong with this crap? When I put in my email for the Customer Details part it says my email is invalid. Then I tried another email address I have and the same thing

Are you using a Hotmail address?

podge018 wrote: »
    Will do that so. So I can schedule it now for 9am Monday morning and I don’t have to worry about it until then I assume.

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

JTMan wrote: »
    Are you using a Hotmail address?

No I tried my 2 Gmail addresses and both are invalid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Gooser14 wrote: »
    It's not the listening to my voicemail that I would be worried about.

Ok , so , what's the worst that could happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I've been trying to move my number since yesterday and the below is all I keep getting sent to me by SMS after the port time has passed. Absolute joke. Useless.

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ported two numbers at short notice today, from Eir, no issues.

Only issue so far is the declined payments but having read earlier I have 3 payments coming off one card, which is probably why I've had the issue.

Can you change future payments . Realised I set it up with my credit card . Prefer if I used my current account .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Lennyzip wrote:
    Can you change future payments . Realised I set it up with my credit card . Prefer if I used my current account .

Yes you can from within the My Payments section of MyGoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They accept credit/debit cards but not direct debits.

https://gomo.ie/terms/
    7.2 You must pay your bill by debit /credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

They are saying 10 working days for it to be delivered? I thought when this offer was first announced there was a huge number buying the sim card and people had them delivered within a day or two. I presumed it would have slacked off a bit now and even they may have more staff. 2 weeks seems a bit excessive now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

shocksy wrote: »
    I've been trying to move my number since yesterday and the below is all I keep getting sent to me by SMS after the port time has passed. Absolute joke. Useless.

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

When you ordered did you than initate a port?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    What the f*ck is wrong with this crap? When I put in my email for the Customer Details part it says my email is invalid. Then I tried another email address I have and the same thing

"Invalid email address" is shown in the "Confirm your email" field until you have typed the full e-mail address again you entered into "Your email" field.

Once you have entered the whole address the error message should go away.

Or are you getting that error message someone else than the "Confirm your email" field?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

When you ordered did you than initate a port?

I did, but I cancelled that and held off until a later date. Now I can't port in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Does anyone know can a gomo sim go into an eir prepy phone without unlocking the phone ??

Dayo93 wrote: »
    Does anyone know can a gomo sim go into an eir prepy phone without unlocking the phone ??

A GoMo sim works in an Eir locked phone without unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I received the text with the code after filling in porting form. Where do I put this code?

Edit, ignore me. I'm blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I see you can port your existing number over to GoMo. I think its straight forward if your on PAYG with no contract.

My question is, what happens in the future should you no longer want to subscribe to GoMo, can you bring your phone number back to previous PAYG provider (like Three etc)? What would happen to your number if you ended the contract with GoMo, many thanks!

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I see you can port your existing number over to GoMo. I think its straight forward if your on PAYG with no contract.

My question is, what happens in the future should you no longer want to subscribe to GoMo, can you bring your phone number back to previous PAYG provider (like Three etc)? What would happen to your number if you ended the contract with GoMo, many thanks!

You simply port to your new provider (just like you ported into GoMo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi. Tried porting this morning, but didn't work. Got a text saying something like the account number you provided was incorrect or unavailable.
    What is the account number, is it the PUK?
    If it's not the PUK, where do I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

Hi. Tried porting this morning, but didn't work. Got a text saying something like the account number you provided was incorrect or unavailable.

Your account number from your previous mobile carrier

Your account number is your account number with your existing provider. This should normally be on your bill. Some people have reported that Virgin Media have two 'account numbers'. if you are switching from Virgin Media ensure you select the right one.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is exactly the type of thing that is happening everyday with people trying to port to GoMo and people wonder why so many are having problems porting.

I made the point in the big thread in bargain alerts, up to now, if somebody wanted to port to another network, more than likely is was a person working in the mobile phone shop or someone at the other end of a phoneline putting through the port and the in most cases they would have went through without issue. Where as now with GoMo its up to each person to do it themselves, hence why so many people are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This is exactly the type of thing that is happening everyday with people trying to port to GoMo and people wonder why so many are having problems porting.

I made the point in the big thread in bargain alerts, up to now, if somebody wanted to port to another network, more than likely is was a person working in the mobile phone shop or someone at the other end of a phoneline putting through the port and the in most cases they would have went through without issue. Where as now with GoMo its up to each person to do it themselves, hence why so many people are having issues.

When I ported from O2 to Lycamobile a few years ago I had to supply Lyca with a Port In Reference Number which I was able to get by downloading an app which read it from my old SIM.
    This doesn't seem to be necessary any more.

Aquos76 wrote: »

I'd agree , I think this is exactly what is happening. People are just making a balls of it them selves. All I had to do was literally pop in the SIM and the SIM pin . I didn't have to change any APN details, it automatically switched to EIR .Setting up voicemail was simple . Now , I havnt ported but I've had no issues with calls , messages or data . The porting option was a little confusing when I checked it first , maybe in the first week . 4 options to choose from . I'd say this is where the trouble began for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

JTMan wrote: »
    Your account number is your account number with your existing provider. This should normally be on your bill. Some people have reported that Virgin Media have two 'account numbers'. if you are switching from Virgin Media ensure you select the right one.

Thanks guys.
    I'm trying to port from 48, prepaid, so I don't think there is an account no as such.im guessing I should use the 48 PUK?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks guys.
    I'm trying to port from 48, prepaid, so I don't think there is an account no as such.im guessing I should use the 48 PUK?

You won’t need an account number from 48, just select prepay registered if they have your details, if not prepay unregistered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just an FYI for people because I was wondering myself.
    Spent this weekend in Lisbon. Once I landed, turns on the phone and everything worked instantly. Perfect all weekend. Lisbon is quite good for 4G so I had it all weekend. Got over 100Mbps on a few speed tests!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi. Tried porting this morning, but didn't work. Got a text saying something like the account number you provided was incorrect or unavailable. What is the account number, is it the PUK? If it's not the PUK, where do I get it?

I ported from Three pre-pay and I wasn't asked for an account number. However, in preparation for the porting I had obtained the account number via the Three Community help site.

Advertisement