Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I ported from Three pre-pay and I wasn't asked for an account number. However, in preparation for the porting I had obtained the account number via the Three Community help site.

I ported from Three PAYG and no account number was required.

Account numbers should only be for bill pay customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭funkyuser

Davy wrote: »
    What is the plan?
    €9.99 for all calls, texts and data including 10GB while EU roaming.

Anyone know if this EU roaming would include Switzerland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

funkyuser wrote: »
    Anyone know if this EU roaming would include Switzerland?

No as it’s not part of the EEA the “Rest Of Europe” pricing of 1.99 € per minute for calls (receiving and making) and 4.99 € per MB apply.

See here:
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/roaming_charges-2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 19 D.Wilmott

Had an awful experience with Gomo. Got sim about 3 weeks ago. Tried to port and got the "porting already in progress" text.
    Sent support request email through their website 3 weeks ago. No response.
    Sent another 2 weeks ago. No response.
    Sent another last week. No response.
    Sent email requesting cancellation of account. No response.
    I froze my card so they couldn't take any more money, but then they have the cheek to send me an email saying the payment has bounced - having ignored all the above. Priorities eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

Quick question. Apologies if already explained. My 3 billpay contract term expired in april. When I port over my number to gomo does my contract automatically cancel with 3 or must I inform them?

• Advertisement

Rega wrote: »
    Quick question. Apologies if already explained. My 3 billpay contract term expired in april. When I port over my number to gomo does my contract automatically cancel with 3 or must I inform them?

Automatically cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

JTMan wrote: »
    Automatically cancelled.

Thanks a million

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Rega wrote: »

Many Three billpay customers have been reporting that when they contact Three to let them know they are switching to GoMo, Three are offering to price match at €10PM for the next 12 months.

If you get a GoMo SIM, test it before porting and find coverage doesn't work out for you, you could still get a better deal from Three.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

advertsfox wrote: »
    Delete all APNs, make a new one with these settings:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

Leave everything else default, save those - then restart your device.
    KOR101 wrote: »
    These are the standard ones. What do you have?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6
    Ignore the MNC setting change, not sure why they give that suggestion as it's assigned to the SIM card / network. Delete all APNs, make a new one with these settings:

Leave everything else default, save those - then restart your device.
    nippedin wrote: »
    Name:
    Meteor

APN:
    mms.mymeteor.ie

user name
    my

password
    wap

mmsc
    http://mms.mymeteor.ie

mms proxy

mms port

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl,mms

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable

Second APN

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

user name
    not set

password
    not set

mmsc
    not set

mms proxy
    not set

mms port
    not set

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable
    APN enabled
    Those are different to the default, delete the data access point only and create a new profile with these settings (everything else as default).

Mods, as far as I can see, at the moment, the first post only says:

What APN do I use?

data.mymeteor.ie

Any chance that these settings could be added to the first post, or at least a link to them, please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bkearns

Have gomo dropped the chat option on their website? I cannot find the link.

• Advertisement

bkearns wrote: »

Did you log into My GoMo during opening call centre hours and look for the link on the right hand side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I'm setting my port for 7am in the morning. I'm with Eir,30 day contract. On the "Account Type" drop down,would that be under Prepay Registered or Prepay unregistered?

toby2111 wrote: »
    I'm setting my port for 7am in the morning. I'm with Eir,30 day contract. On the "Account Type" drop down,would that be under Prepay Registered or Prepay unregistered?

Neither. Does not sound like you are prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

JTMan wrote: »
    Neither. Does not sound like you are prepay.
    So it it Postpay Single Line?

toby2111 wrote: »
    So it it Postpay Single Line?

That sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

People I know that have switched to GoMo - for some the APN name is Meteor data (APN datamymeteor.ie), for others, the APN name is eir Data (APN data.myeirmobile.ie).

Does it make a difference which one your phone is set up as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

bkearns wrote:

Chat option is still there if you're logged in during business hours

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dollylama

Poulgorm wrote: »
    People I know that have switched to GoMo - for some the APN name is Meteor data (APN datamymeteor.ie), for others, the APN name is eir Data (APN data.myeirmobile.ie).

I was switching back and forth between both today and I noticed no difference. Still stuck on edge more often than not and speeds on 3G nothing to write home about on either APN

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Poulgorm wrote: »

Happened to me when I switched the gomo sim between two different phones . I didn't change anything myself , it changed automatically itself . Different APN on different phones.Cant explain why .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I moved the GoMo sim to a different phone, and when I turned the phone back on it told me to use the PUK because I had used the PIN too many times, or something (which I didn't). Again, it worked, and this is only day 1, but does anyone know why that's happened and how to fix it, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

Is there a webchat on their website? I can never see it on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

AppleD wrote: »
    Is there a webchat on their website? I can never see it on there?
    Go here - https://shop.gomo.ie/ and it will be on the right side (blue chat box) but its pretty poor. Twitter / Messenger is the best way to reach them in my experience.

Thanks for that, nothing shows up for me there either- even though I'm logged in. My number has ported over, and i have the sim in. I will use Twitter, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Thanks for that, nothing shows up for me there either- even though I'm logged in. My number has ported over, and i have the sim in. I will use Twitter, thanks!

What's the problem if your number has ported?

Just no service yet. But I will give it a while and then contact them. Plus my dad was looking for the webchat service too, can't understand how we don't see it displayed. But its good to know they respond on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just no service yet. But I will give it a while and then contact them. Plus my dad was looking for the webchat service too, can't understand how we don't see it displayed. But its good to know they respond on twitter

Doesn't display for me either but when I jump on an incognito window it shows up after I log in.

Thanks, can try that later too. i'll just give it a bit more time. No service from old provider any longer so hopefully it works soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

GoMo site seems to be struggling today. Anybody else seeing issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

degsie wrote: »
    GoMo site seems to be struggling today. Anybody else seeing issues?

Site OK for me but can't see webchat, not that I want to contact them anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Got my SIM just now, ordered on 2/11/19, running it in a USB modem. Just entered the PIN, left the APN blank. 20+Mbps, about twice what I was getting from 3. Happy so far.

Advertisement