Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

AppleD wrote: »
    Thanks, can try that later too. i'll just give it a bit more time. No service from old provider any longer so hopefully it works soon

Did you check that the GoMo SIM you received in the post is the same number that appeard in your My GoMo account?

Many people have had the wrong SIMs posted to them and if they don't check before porting, they then lose service.

I haven’t seen it but I was only able to skim the thread but is there a way to see your data usage?

I dont envisage getting close to the 80Gb fair usage limit but I like to see how much I’m using all the same out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

So after a successful first order and port for my daughter I ordered for myself. Received SIM today and it's working fine. I'm just a bit concerned about porting as the original order is still showing as processing and have read a few people have had their original Sims messed up when porting a second one
    Has anyone had a good experience doing this. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Got my sim this morning but when I put it in my phone I'm getting no service. My order page is still showing as 'in progress'. My phone is network unlocked. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got my sim this morning but when I put it in my phone I'm getting no service. My order page is still showing as 'in progress'. My phone is network unlocked. Any ideas?

You're number has not ported yet. Reschedule it for now (or wait if the port is in progress.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I suggest you wait for a day or 2. My SIM was live when I got it.
    You could try and contact them but that can take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

bren2001 wrote: »
    You're number has not ported yet. Reschedule it for now (or wait if the port is in progress.)

I didn't actually port a number, I wanted to see that everything was working okay first before porting my own number.

Anyone know the best/fastest way to contact them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

NATLOR wrote:
    So after a successful first order and port for my daughter I ordered for myself. Received SIM today and it's working fine. I'm just a bit concerned about porting as the original order is still showing as processing and have read a few people have had their original Sims messed up when porting a second one Has anyone had a good experience doing this. TIA

I'm up and running with a couple of weeks and my order still says in progress so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

I remember a while back someone mentioned about having an issue with receiving verification texts from BOI after changing over. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have rang the bank who tell me the issue is on GoMo side so I am just trying to contact GoMo now but as that will probably take a while I was hoping someone here may know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Set my port for 7am this morning, went through at about 7. 10am. Happy with that, can make calls and texts no problem.... But my data is awful. I was previously with Eir so I expected the same speeds but sometimes I've no connection, other times I'm getting very slow speeds. It's at work so same location but speeds are way slower than what I was getting with Eir. Is there a setting I should be fixing to improve this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

toby2111 wrote: »
    Set my port for 7am this morning, went through at about 7. 10am. Happy with that, can make calls and texts no problem.... But my data is awful. I was previously with Eir so I expected the same speeds but sometimes I've no connection, other times I'm getting very slow speeds. It's at work so same location but speeds are way slower than what I was getting with Eir. Is there a setting I should be fixing to improve this?

Toggle airplane mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I can't see any mention of the 1GB Add on in the FAQ

Can I use data outside EU?
    Yes, but you will be charged separately or you can buy a 1GB addon.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

How do you port a pay as you go number? It's asking me for an account number when I try to port my son's phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

AppleD wrote: »
    Just no service yet. But I will give it a while and then contact them. Plus my dad was looking for the webchat service too, can't understand how we don't see it displayed. But its good to know they respond on twitter

Try a different browser. Think I had no chat on chrome and chat on Firefox.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

D13exile wrote: »
    How do you port a pay as you go number? It's asking me for an account number when I try to port my son's phone?

If he is on bill pay with current provider he'll have an account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

If he is on bill pay with current provider he'll have an account number.

If he is on 3 PAYG he will also have an account number. Three will provide the account number if requested. I wasn't asked for an account number when I ported my 086 number from 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Received sim card yesterday after over a week after ordering. Logged in online and requested to port 5 mins later and all was done and dusted within 10mins. I'm surprised it was all so easy actually seeing as there has been so much said here about difficulties. I guess I'll see how the month goes and if there is any drop in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Gooser14 wrote: »
    If he is on 3 PAYG he will also have an account number. Three will provide the account number if requested. I wasn't asked for an account number when I ported my 086 number from 3.

I ported from 3 PAYG to GoMo and was not asked for an account number too. Suspect that the poster might have chosen the wrong options on the porting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Received sim card yesterday after over a week after ordering. Logged in online and requested to port 5 mins later and all was done and dusted within 10mins. I'm surprised it was all so easy actually seeing as there has been so much said here about difficulties. I guess I'll see how the month goes and if there is any drop in service.

I think the percentage of failures is small but the aggravation caused is huge. It looks like some might have lost their original number, possibly permanently. I would definitely lose sleep over something like that.

My own porting was flawless though I can't receive photo messages. I need to get that sorted long term. My wife & son have had no issues porting. I'm happy with the coverage and data.

There's no denying that customer care needs improvement though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Still no sign of billing or transactions on my GoMo account. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Still no sign of billing or transactions on my GoMo account. Anyone?

When did you join GoMo?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    When did you join GoMo?

24 Oct signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noahsark2010

Quick question and appreciate any help please!

Received my Gomo sim pack quite late in the post, Had my current number scheduled to be ported over.

Received a validation code from Vodafone( Disconnected service now) asuming its to be used through My Gomo account (Move my number)

Sim is working but the option to port is just giving me a continuous loading circle.

I'm not able to request a new validation code as my VF account is not operating.

Any sound advice on what I can do, already had toget another phone due to my current one being locked to VF.

Absolute nightmare so far and just want to break my sobriety at this stage.

Thansk in advance)

24 Oct signed up.

And did you sim arrive in Oct or November?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Quick question and appreciate any help please!

Received my Gomo sim pack quite late in the post, Had my current number scheduled to be ported over.

Received a validation code from Vodafone( Disconnected service now) asuming its to be used through My Gomo account (Move my number)

Sim is working but the option to port is just giving me a continuous loading circle.

I'm not able to request a new validation code as my VF account is not operating.

Any sound advice on what I can do, already had toget another phone due to my current one being locked to VF.

Absolute nightmare so far and just want to break my sobriety at this stage.

Thansk in advance)

If your Vodafone account and sim are not working your port should have gone through.

What happens when you call your Vodafone number?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    And did you sim arrive in Oct or November?

I had it ported before the 8th. Start of November I think... Was expecting to be billed on the 8th.. My transactions just show €0 and no bills. Still working.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had it ported before the 8th. Start of November I think... Was expecting to be billed on the 8th.. My transactions just show €0 and no bills. Still working.

Same thing here (except for the porting). My new phone number, PIN and PUK appeared on my account on Sunday, I got the SIM card yesterday morning, I put it into the phone and it started working immediately. My transactions also still show €0, and there aren't any bills. I'll fully test the internet access as soon as I get a modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noahsark2010

Tried it..Its the normal recorded message "the Vodafone mobile customer may have...."

My new Gomo number is whats displayed when I call any of my contacts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Tried it..Its the normal recorded message "the Vodafone mobile customer may have...."

My new Gomo number is whats displayed when I call any of my contacts.

Thanks

Dial 171 and see if it lets you set up voicemail which will do the right call forwarding.

If that does not fix it, deactivate any call forwards you have via your phone to see what happens.

If your own number is shown when you dial out than the port is done incorrectly and you need help from GoMo.

Try to see what happens if someone sends you a text to narrow down where the problem is.

• Advertisement

The billing cycle is the 1st of the month with money taken after the 8th, your €9.99 activation fee covers your November bill.

Advertisement