Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, in my case it looks like the activation fee hasn't been taken, yet - I haven't checked my bank account, to be truthful, but in my GoMo account there's no entry under "transactions".

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

New Home wrote: »
    Well, in my case it looks like the activation fee hasn't been taken, yet - I haven't checked my bank account, to be truthful, but in my GoMo account there's no entry under "transactions".

That should/would have been taken when you signed up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I signed up on the 1st of November.

Sorry, yeah, I mixed you up with the previous user.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a smart arse. :)

If I had been charged for the first €9.99 for the SIM, shouldn't that show under "transactions", though?

• Advertisement

Oh and your activation fee doesn’t actually show up under transactions for some reason. You’d think it would alright.

Ah, ok, that would explain it, then. I'd better double check my bank a/c, so.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a smart arse. :)

If I had been charged for the first €9.99 for the SIM, shouldn't that show under "transactions", though?

Here’s my transaction history and I was definitely charged the €9.99 activation fee

9666-B776-5762-4673-B7-CA-1121-BA6055-C3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I turned off voicemail using the redirect code. Since then I haven’t received any call catcher alerts. Does this code turn that off too or is there a way to turn it on without turning voicemail back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Received my sim today, ordered 1 November. I was with eir sim only, 30 day contract.
    Wasn't sure if I needed to ring eir and tell them I was moving network, but I did anyway.

After being told I didn't need to ring them, just Port my number and things there end would cut off.

I was then offered the same deal as gomo, 9.99 a month for life to stay with Eir. Happy with that so not moving network now.

Might be helpful to someone to know, Eir are offering the same.

• Advertisement

Gotya wrote: »
    Received my sim today, ordered 1 November. I was with eir sim only, 30 day contract.
    Wasn't sure if I needed to ring eir and tell them I was moving network, but I did anyway.

After being told I didn't need to ring them, just Port my number and things there end would cut off.

I was then offered the same deal as gomo, 9.99 a month for life to stay with Eir. Happy with that so not moving network now.

It's great to see what a bit of competition does to the market, so now we have three operators who are not prepared to do unlimited plans for 9.99, GoMo, Three and Eir.

Like you, I was with eir on a Sim only deal, Id have stayed with them also had I have been offered that deal, mind you, I didn't bother to even ring them as I signed up to gomo in the first couple of days and those who did ring them at the time, weren't offered anything to entice them to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭R11

Must be a new decision. I was with Eir, rang them on 1st November to enquire if I needed to do anything if I was to switch. She said no, just go ahead and order... Which I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

R11 wrote: »
    Must be a new decision. I was with Eir, rang them on 1st November to enquire if I needed to do anything if I was to switch. She said no, just go ahead and order... Which I did.

Thought EIR owned gomo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Gotya wrote:

What's the data allowance with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭R11

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Thought EIR owned gomo ?

Yes, I think they do. But they now seem to be offering customers the same deal as gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Thought EIR owned gomo ?

GoMo is not really a seperate company:
    GoMo is a trading name of eircom Limited
    What's the data allowance with eir

No Limits according to their website .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

GoMo is not really a seperate company:
    GoMo is a trading name of eircom Limited

No Limits according to their website .

You should know better Yggr of Asgard.

There is always a limit even if they say no limit.

Fair use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Are you on an eir sim only plan that includes eir sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Eir in competition with itself.
    Ya just couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

kmart6 wrote: »
    Are you on an eir sim only plan that includes eir sport?

I don't think so, I don't avail of it if it's included or need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

I asked GoMo customer service about the rate for calling an EU number while roaming in another EU country (ie. calling France while roaming in Spain) and was told 30c/min and that unlimited voice/text allowance is only for calling Irish and local numbers. Looks like they are wrong again, it’s deducted from the “unlimited” allowance. Here’s the text I got after landing in Spain:

Welcome to Spain, Your calls and texts to all EU countries while roaming are included as part of your standard plan allowance and you can use part of your data allowance to browse. You will be alerted once you use your plan allowance. Additional usage will be charged at your standard out of bundle domestic rates. In Emergency call 112

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi ,I'm trying to move across from Virgin but still have "your port is in progress" since last Friday. Have messaged them but heard nothing back.

What have you found to be the most effective way to get resolution?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am on eir, 30 day rolling contract that includes the eir sport app free. Only reason I did not move to Gomo is I didnt want to lose the eir sport app.....now if i can lock on a €9.99 a month plan for life I'd be keen.

How does one avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Am on eir, 30 day rolling contract that includes the eir sport app free. Only reason I did not move to Gomo is I didnt want to lose the eir sport app.....now if i can lock on a €9.99 a month plan for life I'd be keen.

A wild guess here, but I'd say contacting eir via one of their channels and telling them you are moving might be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

buzz77 wrote: »
    I asked GoMo customer service about the rate for calling an EU number while roaming in another EU country (ie. calling France while roaming in Spain) and was told 30c/min and that unlimited voice/text allowance is only for calling Irish and local numbers. Looks like they are wrong again, it’s deducted from the “unlimited” allowance. Here’s the text I got after landing in Spain:

Welcome to Spain, Your calls and texts to all EU countries while roaming are included as part of your standard plan allowance and you can use part of your data allowance to browse. You will be alerted once you use your plan allowance. Additional usage will be charged at your standard out of bundle domestic rates. In Emergency call 112

Don't see anything untoward here to be honest. I think this was established earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Are you an Eir broadband customer? I think broadband customers can use the app.

Has anyone checked if the Eir Sport app works for GoMo customers?

You could always ring Eir and see if they will price match GoMo. Eir currently do unlimited mobile for 9.99 for 6 months but hike after 6 months.

kippy wrote: »
    A wild guess here, but I'd say contacting eir via one of their channels and telling them you are moving might be a start.

Thanks for that, couldnt see anything on their website so was wondering of it was a targeted offer.

JTMan wrote: »
    Are you an Eir broadband customer? I think broadband customers can use the app.

Has anyone checked if the Eir Sport app works for GoMo customers?

You could always ring Eir and see if they will price match GoMo. Eir currently do unlimited mobile for 9.99 for 6 months but hike after 6 months.

A mobile customer only - will give them a shout...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Jeff2 wrote: »
    You should know better Yggr of Asgard.

There is always a limit even if they say no limit.

Fair use.

I know better, but it clearly states NO LIMITS DATA since the 8th of August which is why I said "No Limits according to their website ."

See:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Bill-Pay-No-Limits-Data.pdf

However as usual there is a Fair Usage hidden in the T&C which is 80 GB for most plans. With throttling possible after that.

Maybe current eir customer can tell us what happend once they reached 80GB. While I was customer I never got any throtteling once I was over the Fair Usage Limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Saw a post in one of the other threads where pretty severe throttling was applied (to GoMo iirc) after reaching the 80 gig.

Advertisement