Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I put a gomo sim in a 3G modem and it wouldn’t work until I changed the apn from broadband.mymeteor.ie to data.mymeteor.ie. Does anyone know if there could be out of bundle charges for using it in a modem and with a different apn than it uses by default?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir currently do unlimited mobile for 9.99 for 6 months but hike after 6 months.

But will gomo still be 9.99 after 6 months...who knows...it will of course remain at 9.99 for anyone who signed up at that price but if anyone stays with eir for 6m at 9.99 and then wants to switch to gomo, it may not be available then.

Likewise with 3 or Vodafone, be aware of how long any price match offers are valid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think the advante of classic eir vs. gomo brand is that with classic eir you get phone support (your experience might not be the best buy you get phone support), you get "no data limits" (well T&C still say 80 GB fair usage), you get eir sports on mobiles and you get 5G (live now in limites areas and on limited plans).

So eir offers you 9.99€ when you try to port, than you need to make a decision if this extras will keep you (and also press them on the 5G part is required)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ten Pin wrote: »
    But will gomo still be 9.99 after 6 months...who knows...it will of course remain at 9.99 for anyone who signed up at that price but if anyone stays with eir for 6m at 9.99 and then wants to switch to gomo, it may not be available then.

Likewise with 3 or Vodafone, be aware of how long any price match offers are valid for.

Exactly. The 3 price match offer is only for 12 months and in 12 months time 3 may not price match GoMo anymore because the GoMo offer is no longer available to new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

I just read here that someones" port" was taking a long time doe that mean that their phone was out of use for all that period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Has anyone actually got through to customer service?? I've been trying since yesterday morning by their contact page, chat, twitter and facebook messenger and nothing. I was sent out a sim card that won't work saying "Sim not provisioned" when i put it in the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...with classic eir...you get 5G

Just to say, eir 5G is currently only available on bill pay (phone included, 24 month contract), cheapest is 59.99pm on eir mobile connect plus plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Cucullan wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got through to customer service?? I've been trying since yesterday morning by their contact page, chat, twitter and facebook messenger and nothing. I was sent out a sim card that won't work saying "Sim not provisioned" when i put it in the phone

Comment on a post on FB and they’ll reply to your DM. Took them 20 mins to reply to me today after a public comment. Sent them a DM on Monday with no reply.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Here’s my transaction history and I was definitely charged the €9.99 activation fee

9666-B776-5762-4673-B7-CA-1121-BA6055-C3.jpg

What are those adjustments on the 7th?
    Some kind of refund after a complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I just read here that someones" port" was taking a long time doe that mean that their phone was out of use for all that period

No, your phone will work as normal with your old sim until the porting is complete.

When the porting is complete you will lose service from your old provider and you should then put the new GoMop sim in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

does any one know their number i could call ?
    They messed my porting and now I have wrong number and getting e-mails that people calling me and talking with someone else !
    I'm waiting on a chat for 2 hours now

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

does any one know their number i could call ?
    They messed my porting and now I have wrong number and getting e-mails that people calling me and talking with someone else !
    I'm waiting on a chat for 2 hours now

Tom

There is no number
    Support consists of web chat on the GOMO site
    Twitter,Facebook and Email

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Thanks to all on Boards for your help and advice Go Mo should consider themselves fortunate that there are people on here able to give practical advice seeing as Go Mo cant respond when contacted . As I am not on facebook or or twitter are they getting any flak for not being able to respond to customers problems. i am still waiting to proceed with my order but I have a sim . Funny thing I contacted 3 this morning within 2/3 minutes got talking to someone I had to smile as I was thinking of leaving them for Go Mo I am on a Pay as you go with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Mine ported perfectly after an error on my own part.

A family member also had his number ported (was bill pay with Eir) but for some reason his mobile data no longer works on new sim (with his own number ported). Are we missing something? I had no such issues.

Does he need to change anything himself in the settings manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

My number has been ported and my pin worked ok but puk is unsuccessful and when I dismiss and try to make a call it says I am not registered on the network. Any help with this? Have been trying to contact gomo for the last 2 days no joy there

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Mine ported perfectly after an error on my own part.

A family member also had his number ported (was bill pay with Eir) but for some reason his mobile data no longer works on new sim (with his own number ported). Are we missing something? I had no such issues.

Does he need to change anything himself in the settings manually?

Have you checked the APN in the mobile data settings is set to data.mymeteor.ie (as quoted in the original post of this FAQ thread)?

Interestingly the APN that was automatically set for the sim in my phone, that works flawlessly, is different.

That's set to data.myeirmobile.ie and my mms setting is mms.myeirmobile.ie

So maybe give those a try.

My number has been ported and my pin worked ok but puk is unsuccessful and when I dismiss and try to make a call it says I am not registered on the network. Any help with this? Have been trying to contact gomo for the last 2 days no joy there

You shouldn't need your PUK if your sim pin worked. You only need the PUK to unlock the sim if you've incorrectly entered your sim lock pin 10 times.

If your phone is locked to another network you need a network unlock code to unlock your phone. That's a different beast entirely and has nothing to do with GoMo -- you'll need to contact the network you bought the phone off for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭redoctober

Hi there,

Has anybody had any luck contacting GOMO? I'm currently trying the chat...no response. I sent a couple of messages on the website...no response after a week or more. Have sent a message on FB messenger...still awaiting response two hours later.

I ordered the SIM over two weeks ago. Have no idea if it's been sent...is on the way...has been lost...totally in the dark.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

You shouldn't need your PUK if your sim pin worked. You only need the PUK to unlock the sim if you've incorrectly entered your sim lock pin 10 times.

If your phone is locked to another network you need a network unlock code to unlock your phone. That's a different beast entirely and has nothing to do with GoMo -- you'll need to contact the network you bought the phone off for that.

Thank you I will get on to Vodafone hope it gets sorted

redoctober wrote: »
    Hi there,

Has anybody had any luck contacting GOMO? I'm currently trying the chat...no response. I sent a couple of messages on the website...no response after a week or more. Have sent a message on FB messenger...still awaiting response two hours later.

I ordered the SIM over two weeks ago. Have no idea if it's been sent...is on the way...has been lost...totally in the dark.

Thanks.

Make a public comment on FB & ask them to read your text on Messenger.

• Advertisement

Thank you I will get on to Vodafone hope it gets sorted

If you know someone with a network unlocked phone (i.e. one they bought outright, rather than through a mobile operator) you could try popping your GoMo sim in to verify it is working properly and and will connect to the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭BigProblem

Hi,

I have not had any data on my phone since I ported over. I can only get data when I turn my phone off and back on again. Ive emailed numerous times, tweeted them and send texts however I haven't had a response yet.

ive checked the APN on the mobile data which seems to be with my old provider virgin internet.ie.upcmobile.com, should I change this to data.mymeteor.ie ? when I turn off my phone data works for a few hours so im unsure if changing APN will work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BigProblem wrote: »
    Hi,

I have not had any data on my phone since I ported over. I can only get data when I turn my phone off and back on again. Ive emailed numerous times, tweeted them and send texts however I haven't had a response yet.

ive checked the APN on the mobile data which seems to be with my old provider virgin internet.ie.upcmobile.com, should I change this to data.mymeteor.ie ? when I turn off my phone data works for a few hours so im unsure if changing APN will work :confused:
    In APN Settings, tap the menu icon up the top right and click "Reset to default" and it should show you two options only, one for Eir or Meteor Data and one for Eir or Meteor MMS. If not, delete all of them and make one new APN with these settings:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

redoctober wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks.

If your getting no responce from them online , all I can say is keep checking your gomo account. My status was always " in progress " waiting for delivery. I checked it last Thursday night and I was assigned a number and the other details. It was delivered Friday & I didn't have to sign for it .

Ordered it 28th October , arrived 8th November .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Have you checked the APN in the mobile data settings is set to data.mymeteor.ie (as quoted in the original post of this FAQ thread)?

Interestingly the APN that was automatically set for the sim in my phone, that works flawlessly, is different.

That's set to data.myeirmobile.ie and my mms setting is mms.myeirmobile.ie

So maybe give those a try.

Yeah i checked that out its set to data.mymeteor.ie but its not working.

Ill add new APN you mentioned and see does it work. do the other fields remain same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I’ve ported my sons number over an hour ago and it’s no longer contactable on his old network Eir. I inserted the GoMo sim and its working but his number doesn’t come up when he calls my phone. Instead I’m getting the number that came with the GoMo sim. Will his number also be changed soon or is there a setting I have to change on his phone?

Btw he has an iPhone 5SE and when I checked the phone, it shows his number, not the GoMo number but it’s the GoMo number that comes up when he rings me

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

D13exile wrote: »
    I’ve ported my sons number over an hour ago and it’s no longer contactable on his old network Eir. I inserted the GoMo sim and its working but his number doesn’t come up when he calls my phone. Instead I’m getting the number that came with the GoMo sim. Will his number also be changed soon or is there a setting I have to change on his phone?

Btw he has an iPhone 5SE and when I checked the phone, it shows his number, not the GoMo number but it’s the GoMo number that comes up when he rings me

I have the exact same problem since i ported over this morning.

When i ring someone it is the number i got on my new sim but it is showing i am ported over on the system and nobody can call me on my old number now as i am gone from Virgin.

I sent them GoMo message earlier but haven't heard from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I’ve another problem now because I ordered two Sims ,one for my sons and one for my daughter. After I ported his number, I went back into the account to try hers but the second Sim number has disappeared. It’s now showing my sons existing number and his GoMo number. The other sim I have isn’t there now.

Sent them an email and I guess I’ll have to wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Problems porting over. No one on chat and I can’t seem to send a message as it tells me the date format for my date of birth is incorrect. Have tried it loads of ways but still letting me log my query!!!! What way do they want date of birth????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Has anyone recently ported from Tesco (€15 Prepay) to Gomo?

Advertisement