Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Davy wrote: »

What APN do I use?
    data.mymeteor.ie

Checking the settings applied automatically for my GoMo sim and my APN and MMS settings are as follows:

data.myeirmobile.ie
    mms.myeirmobile.ie

Everything seems to work perfectly, so just putting them out there as alternative settings for people who are having data connectivity issues to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

sammyano wrote: »
    Has anyone recently ported from Tesco (€15 Prepay) to Gomo?

I did and it went perfect. I've since got a sim for my wife and I've had trouble trying to set it up but it seems to be sorted after 2 days of waiting. Their customer service reps seem to be very thin on the ground....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Yeah i checked that out its set to data.mymeteor.ie but its not working.

Ill add new APN you mentioned and see does it work. do the other fields remain same ?

Basically has "Not set" as the value for everything apart from

MCC: 272
    MNC: 3
    APN type: default,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol:IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO type: None

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Has anyone been able to log in to the app?

Ported today and it's not recognising the phone number as valid at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

This is my present status I ordered sim on 2/11. Recieved sim yesterday the 12th . No prior message from GorMo the Postman dropped it letterbox no need to sign anything . Initally my Account showed no number and that i wasnt registered . Anyway this evening my no. appeared in my Go Mo account So I have planned to port tomorrow morning . I will let ye know how I progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Folks, having trouble porting from vodafone, got a GOMO sim for my daughter who was on a rolling sim-only VF plan. Asked VF to give an unlock code but they are saying she has to wait 20 days ! Are other people seeing this wait time as well ?

Folks, having trouble porting from vodafone, got a GOMO sim for my daughter who was on a rolling sim-only VF plan. Asked VF to give an unlock code but they are sayingnormally she has to wait 20 days ! Are other people seeing this wait time as well ?

Thats weird normally 3/4 days max usually much faster I applied to 3 today they didnt give a time We will see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Has anyone recently ported from Tesco (€15 Prepay) to Gomo?

Yes I have just today, got the Sim last week and tested it for a few days, Just put the request to be ported at lunch time today, was completed at 5 pm this evening.
    Very happy with it much faster speeds for data to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Folks, having trouble porting from vodafone, got a GOMO sim for my daughter who was on a rolling sim-only VF plan. Asked VF to give an unlock code but they are saying she has to wait 20 days ! Are other people seeing this wait time as well ?

Some unlock code can take a few weeks to be received. Outrageous but it does happen.

Unreal, spent several hours in 'discussion' with VF 'support' but no joy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

It's not clear to me whether your problem is with porting the number or getting the unlock code for the phone. Perhaps you can clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to log in to the app?

Ported today and it's not recognising the phone number as valid at all.

I didn't know there was an app, is it on Google play?

Unreal, spent several hours in 'discussion' with VF 'support' but no joy :(

You could order the GoMo sim now so at least you will have the sim, and get the existing offer, and be able to start the port when you have your unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Cucullan wrote: »
    I did and it went perfect. I've since got a sim for my wife and I've had trouble trying to set it up but it seems to be sorted after 2 days of waiting. Their customer service reps seem to be very thin on the ground....

Please what options did you select when porting from Tesco

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Interesting, there is another gomo service....
    https://gomo.sg/home

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

degsie wrote: »

Yeah, this and others have been identified on thread earlier on. I think it's been establised there is no commercial link between them.

degsie wrote: »

No links between GoMo Singapore and Ireland. The advertising company just reused the brand name.

GoMo Ireland have the same parent as Free in France and iliad in Italy.

To Gooser14 > yep issues with unlock code from VF

JTMan wrote: »
    You could order the GoMo sim now so at least you will have the sim, and get the existing offer, and be able to start the port when you have your unlock code.
    Already have the sim, i put it in an older phone & using it, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Set port time for 07:10 this morning from my Vodafone payg number.
    Had me shave and shower and checked phone at 8:00 and could not make calls So I changed sims over to GoMo and everything A ok.
    Got the goodbye text from Vodafone and welcome text from GoMo.

Everything appears to be working ok, texts and calls going out and receiving ok and internet ok also
    (never going to get great speeds where I work and live, 14Mbps up and 3Mbps down in the town where I work and 7Mbps up and 1 Mbps down at home which is in a field at the base of a hill)

Checked my details on GoMo site and the phone number was changed from the 085 to my 087 number.

Went into my security settings and turned off the Sim lock. On my phone settings under Sim Card settings, it says GoMo and the 085 number as the Sim card number.
    There appears to be an option on my phone settings to edit the Sim card name and edit the Sim card number. Was tempted to change the sim card number to my 087 number but not sure if that could have an adverse effect.

There was also an option under Sim lock settings to change the Sim PIN but didn't touch that either as I have turned off the lock sim card setting.

Under APN settings on my phone it has
    Meteor: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Meteor Data : data.mymeteor.ie
    The latter is highlighted on my phone If its of any help to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sorry for the probably silly question.
    Ive ordered a sim and registered with my bank card.

This will be for my son for Xmas so he'll be using the brand new number.
    Is my billing started from when I activate the sim or does billing start from when I receive sim card?

Also myself and wife on 30 day contract with Eir and I'm thinking of the two of us switchin to gomo too. n if I is two sims the max on the one account?

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Sorry for the probably silly question.
    Ive ordered a sim and registered with my bank card.

This will be for my son for Xmas so he'll be using the brand new number.
    Is my billing started from when I activate the sim or does billing start from when I receive sim card?

Also myself and wife on 30 day contract with Eir and I'm thinking of the two of us switchin to gomo too. n if I is two sims the max on the one account?

Billing starts from the first of the following month. I.e. you will be charged the 9.99 on 1 December for the month of December.

Max is two sims per account. You can open a second account.

GoMo are tripling the number of customer care staff.

GoMo now have "tens of thousands of customers".

https://extra.ie/2019/11/13/tech/gomo-complaints-porting-isses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

JTMan wrote: »
    GoMo are tripling the number of customer care staff.

GoMo now have "tens of thousands of customers".

https://extra.ie/2019/11/13/tech/gomo-complaints-porting-isses

so they are hiring 2 more staff

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Hi folks,

I am trying to contact GoMo via their online contact page but keep getting an error message saying that the date format on my DOB is incorrect. I have tried various different options but keep getting the error. What is the correct format if anyone can help.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Hi folks,

I am trying to contact GoMo via their online contact page but keep getting an error message saying that the date format on my DOB is incorrect. I have tried various different options but keep getting the error. What is the correct format if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Just in case anyone else is having the same problem the contact form worked on Chrome but wouldn't work on Safari no matter what format I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Please what options did you select when porting from Tesco

Thanks

If you are pay as you go then select prepay.

If you registered the number with Tesco my.tescomobile.ie then choose registered outerwise its unregistered.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have the exact same problem since i ported over this morning.

When i ring someone it is the number i got on my new sim but it is showing i am ported over on the system and nobody can call me on my old number now as i am gone from Virgin.

I sent them GoMo message earlier but haven't heard from them.

Did you check the 085 number that came with the GoMo SIM matched the 085 number in your My GoMo account before porting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

castle2012 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was an app, is it on Google play?

There is no app for GoMo.

Maybe the poster was talking about another provider.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

D13exile wrote: »
    I’ve another problem now because I ordered two Sims ,one for my sons and one for my daughter. After I ported his number, I went back into the account to try hers but the second Sim number has disappeared. It’s now showing my sons existing number and his GoMo number. The other sim I have isn’t there now.

Sent them an email and I guess I’ll have to wait now

Sounds like you ported your son's number onto the wrong GoMo SIM. Pop the other GoMo SIM into your son's phone and see if that fixes things.

• Advertisement

If and when I get ported can i still use my old sim card 3 to use up my credit before i insert my Go Mo sim into my phone

Advertisement