Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not as far as I know - once you port, your old account is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

If and when I get ported can i still use my old sim card 3 to use up my credit before i insert my Go Mo sim into my phone

No. Rather than losing your credit I suggest you donate your credit to charity before porting your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gooser14 wrote: »
    No. Rather than losing your credit I suggest you donate your credit to charity before porting your number.

List here for charity txt.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Jeff2 wrote: »
    There is no app for GoMo.

Maybe the poster was talking about another provider.

Seems it was the other gomo companies app and that's why it wasn't working. Sorry for confusion

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

iggy wrote: »
    Sorry for the probably silly question.
    Ive ordered a sim and registered with my bank card.

This will be for my son for Xmas so he'll be using the brand new number.
    Is my billing started from when I activate the sim or does billing start from when I receive sim card?

Also myself and wife on 30 day contract with Eir and I'm thinking of the two of us switchin to gomo too. n if I is two sims the max on the one account?

Ring Eir and tell them you're planning on switching to GoMo. There are reports that Eir are price-matching when customers do this. Saves hassle for you if you don't have to switch over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Quackster wrote: »
    Ring Eir and tell them you're planning on switching to GoMo. There are reports that Eir are price-matching when customers do this. Saves hassle for you if you don't have to switch over.

Imagine them doing that en masse, they would have spent millions of Euro on Gomo only for them to realise they could have just dropped the price of Eir mobile and saved everyone the hassle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Eir might price match for x months but probably will not price match for life. Hence, you might end up back on a higher rate in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Arranged for port this morning every thing went fine I then got unlock code from 3 which I requested yesterday so all is well. The only negative for me was as I am not very good at setting up phones ect partly due to my age all this stuff is all new to me . Go Mo never contacted me directly as the progress of my order Its only when I looked into my account I saw what they had done. When I first read their offer they gave the impression they would be in regular cotact . recieved the Sim on Thursday lunch time all done this morning 8.30. Its the not knowing whats happening is the fustrating thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Rang Eir this morning. Told them I'm thinking of switchin to Gomo.
    He told me nothing he could do.
    I'll be now
    switching over to gomo in next couple of days.

Ive already ordered one sim for my son but am going to order two more sims for my myself and my wife.
    But max is two sims per account? So can I set up a new account with different email but use same credit card as first sim for payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

When I get left a voicemail, I'm not getting a text to let me know that a voicemail has been left.
    Anyone know a fix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Did you check the 085 number that came with the GoMo SIM matched the 085 number in your My GoMo account before porting?

I actually didn't check that. Is there any way i can check that now? Only seeing my old ported number on my account.

AppleD wrote:
    When I get left a voicemail, I'm not getting a text to let me know that a voicemail has been left. Anyone know a fix?

Why would you need a txt. Does a voicemail symbol not appear on your information bar.

No nothing appears. from all other providers previous- i would have got a text to say voicemail received.

AppleD wrote:
    No nothing appears. from all other providers previous- i would have got a text to say voicemail received.

What phone are you using?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What phone are you using?

iPhone 7

AppleD wrote:
    iPhone 7

Ok. On my Samsung Galaxy S5 a cassette type symbol appears in the notification area when a voicemail is left. Having said that, I have disabled the voicemail function.

I have the exact same problem since i ported over this morning.

When i ring someone it is the number i got on my new sim but it is showing i am ported over on the system and nobody can call me on my old number now as i am gone from Virgin.

I sent them GoMo message earlier but haven't heard from them.

Finally got on to chat to them on the website (after also sending an email and Messenger message).

Told me that it should be fixed and all i had to do was switch my phone off for a few mins and switch it back on again.

Surprise, surprise it didn't work and now i have to try and contact them again Shoot me now! Don't fancy my chances of getting through to them twice in one day.

I don't really mind things going wrong, it happens, but this lack of customer service is not on.

You contact them they can take 24hrs to respond to each message, then you can make a complaint which they can take 48hrs to respond to, then you have give them 10 working days before you can escalate it to ComReg.

I actually didn't check that. Is there any way i can check that now? Only seeing my old ported number on my account.

No, it's not possible to check now. From what you're describing (and based on many other similar accounts), you've probably been posted the wrong SIM card and your number has been ported either to a SIM in someone else's possession or a SIM that's still sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I suggest you keep trying to ring your old number to see if someone else answers. It may be possible to arrange to get your SIM off them.

The only thing GoMo can do is cancel your existing SIM and post out a new one. And that will take time as you can imagine. When next in contact with them, tell them in no uncertain terms that you have been posted the wrong SIM so they don't waste anymore time giving you useless advice.

And finally, I'll repeat this yet again for everyone's benefit. You REALLY REALLY HAVE to make sure you have received the correct GoMo SIM before porting to make sure you avoid this horror!!

No, it's not possible to check now. From what you're describing (and based on many other similar accounts), you've probably been posted the wrong SIM card and your number has been ported either to a SIM in someone else's possession or a SIM that's still sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I suggest you keep trying to ring your old number to see if someone else answers. It may be possible to arrange to get your SIM off them.

The only thing GoMo can do is cancel your existing SIM and post out a new one. And that will take time as you can imagine. When next in contact with them, tell them in no uncertain terms that you have been posted the wrong SIM so they don't waste anymore time giving you useless advice.

And finally, I'll repeat this yet again for everyone's benefit. You REALLY REALLY HAVE to make sure you have received the correct GoMo SIM before porting to make sure you avoid this horror!!

Yeah you were spot on it was the wrong sim they sent me. They say are sending out a new sim. Nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I'm having problems porting my Three 086 number over. I applied for the port at 8 a.m. this morning, and noticed around 10 a.m. that I could only make Emergency Calls Only on my old number. Checking on the GoMo website it shows my ported old number as the phone number in Account Details. I got the new GoMo Sim in the post today.

At the moment if I put my old SIM in the phone I get Emergency Calls Only plus the phone number is gone from SIM status in About Phone (Android), if I put the new SIM in I get GoMo coverage but with the new (085) phone number(in About Phone on Android).

I wanted to keep using my old phone number, what do I do now - Put the new SIM in and wait till it changes number on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I'm having problems porting my Three 086 number over. I applied for the port at 8 a.m. this morning, and noticed around 10 a.m. that I could only make Emergency Calls Only on my old number. Checking on the GoMo website it shows my ported old number as the phone number in Account Details. I got the new GoMo Sim in the post today.

At the moment if I put my old SIM in the phone I get Emergency Calls Only plus the phone number is gone from SIM status in About Phone (Android), if I put the new SIM in I get GoMo coverage but with the new (085) phone number(in About Phone on Android).

I wanted to keep using my old phone number, what do I do now - Put the new SIM in and wait till it changes number on the phone?

Mine shows as 085 number in phone settings but is 089 number I ported when I ring other phones.

Ring a phone and see what number shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Is the consensus avoid then so?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Arranged for port this morning every thing went fine I then got unlock code from 3 which I requested yesterday so all is well. The only negative for me was as I am not very good at setting up phones ect partly due to my age all this stuff is all new to me . Go Mo never contacted me directly as the progress of my order Its only when I looked into my account I saw what they had done. When I first read their offer they gave the impression they would be in regular cotact . recieved the Sim on Thursday lunch time all done this morning 8.30. Its the not knowing whats happening is the fustrating thing

A lot of the people who have been waiting 2 weeks to port or have lost their numbers completely would love your problems.
    If you want customer service then I suggest you move to Vodafone and pay them 60e a month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Thepoet85 wrote: »

There are teething problems for sure, but the savings are amazing! To each their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

ive given up and cancelled after weeks of trying to get my virgin numbers moved :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

lighthouse wrote: »
    A lot of the people who have been waiting 2 weeks to port or have lost their numbers completely would love your problems.
    If you want customer service then I suggest you move to Vodafone and pay them 60e a month :rolleyes:

...and you'd still be getting crappy/non-existent customer service anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I ordered a new sim, it arrived after about a week and a half, worked perfectly in my phone, calls texts data. I then ported my number the next day. Sim card went dead about a half an hour after scheduled porting time, popped in the gomo sim and everything is working as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Thepoet85 wrote: »

I ported this morning and no problems to report so far. I've had the sim sitting on my desk about a week. Scheduled the port this morning to go at lunch time and the signal dropped exactly when it should and my number seems to have gone with it. I'll do some proper tests after work but i wouldn't avoid based on the complaints you get here. Very few people speak up when there's no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

mkdon05 wrote: »
    I ordered a new sim, it arrived after about a week and a half, worked perfectly in my phone, calls texts data. I then ported my number the next day. Sim card went dead about a half an hour after scheduled porting time, popped in the gomo sim and everything is working as it should.

I'd a similar experience, sim took a week and a half, when it arrived I logged in online and organised to be ported the next morning at 9am. 09:15 the next day I noticed that my phone (with Vodafone Sim) had no network coverage, so I popped in the gomo sim and it worked. For the data to work I had to change the apn from mms.meteor.ie to data.meteor.ie. All good with network coverage so far (only checked places I'm in frequently in Dublin) and at least as good as VF in these areas.

My reason for moving was that I had a 20e per month prepay with Vodafone, and when I contacted them through chat the person was rude (very surprised by that) and when I suggested that I might change provider he wrote "that's fine with me".

So, all good so far at least for me with gomo. Xiaomi mi A2 is my handset btw.

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »

What number shows up when you call/text?

If it's the 085 number that came with the SIM, in that case as I said to the previous poster, you have probably been sent the wrong GoMo SIM and your number has now been ported to another GoMo SIM that's either in someone else's possession or still sitting in a warehouse.

You REALLY REALLY NEED to check you have received the correct GoMo SIM and that it's functioning correctly before porting your number!!

You'll have to get onto GoMo and get them to post you out a new SIM.

Advertisement