Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Quackster wrote: »
    What number shows up when you call/text?

If it's the 085 number that came with the SIM, in that case as I said to the previous poster, you have probably been sent the wrong GoMo SIM and your number has now been ported to another GoMo SIM that's either in someone else's possession or still sitting in a warehouse.

You REALLY REALLY NEED to check you have received the correct GoMo SIM and that it's functioning correctly before porting your number!!

You'll have to get onto GoMo and get them to post you out a new SIM.

I tried making a call in the new GoMo SIM that arrived in the post today but get a message 'You are currently barred from making outgoing calls, please get in touch with a GoMo representative".

I sent GoMo a message earlier today asking why my 086 was out of service but no response from them yet.

I didn't know how the porting worked. I requested to port my old 086 just last night for this morning and got the new 085 number at 1pm. Maybe I rushed ahead and should have waited till I got the GoMo SIM and then request to port over.

I'm gong to send another message to GoMo asking why neither SIM is working for calls.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I tried making a call in the new GoMo SIM that arrived in the post today but get a message 'You are currently barred from making outgoing calls, please get in touch with a GoMo representative".

I sent GoMo a message earlier today asking why my 086 was out of service but no response from them yet.

I didn't know how the porting worked. I requested to port my old 086 just last night for this morning and got the new 085 number at 1pm. Maybe I rushed ahead and should have waited till I got the GoMo SIM and then request to port over.

I'm gong to send another message to GoMo asking why neither SIM is working for calls.

With the GoMo SIM in your phone, does it receive incoming service through your 086 number? If you ring your 086 number from another phone, what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I see GoMo have put up a FAQs post on Facebook, advising porting can take 24 hours and that EU roaming is included for the UK after Brexit. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Quackster wrote: »
    With the GoMo SIM in your phone, does it receive incoming service through your 086 number? If you ring your 086 number from another phone, what happens?

I'm stuck with one phone at the moment, I spoke to GoMo there and explained what I was getting and they said to wait until tomorrow and the phone number should change to my old number. I just have to leave the GoMo SIM in so I'll wait until then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

After sim activation is requested, how long should it take?

I got a replacement sim and it was not active when it arrived.

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I'm stuck with one phone at the moment, I spoke to GoMo there and explained what I was getting and they said to wait until tomorrow and the phone number should change to my old number. I just have to leave the GoMo SIM in so I'll wait until then

If your 086 number is not working with your GoMo SIM right now, then you've been sent the wrong SIM. Doesn't matter what GoMo CS tell you, it's not going to magically start working. You'll need a new SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Just looking at their pricing here and on page 2 it says 0818, 1890 and 1850 are treated as national calls, I presume this is correct?

Also how would you be out of bundle if you were on direct debit each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

webpal wrote: »
    Just looking at their pricing here and on page 2 it says 0818, 1890 and 1850 are treated as national calls, I presume this is correct?

0818, 1890 and 1850 numbers will be included in the unlimited minutes from 1 December as per new Comreg rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Ordered 2 Sims on the 1st of the month and still haven't arrived yet ? My 2 numbers were showing up in mygomo last night and now I received an email this evening with my account number. Is it normal for everything to be showing before you receive the Sims ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

webpal wrote: »

Also how would you be out of bundle if you were on direct debit each month?

Yes, but they are 'out of plan' numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Sorry, just found the answer, until then they are premium

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Ordered 2 Sims on the 1st of the month and still haven't arrived yet ? My 2 numbers were showing up in mygomo last night and now I received an email this evening with my account number. Is it normal for everything to be showing before you receive the Sims ?

My account number showed up, a day or two, before I got my sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Got one of these sims for my son and I, does anyone know can you ban premium calls/texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

webpal wrote:
    and on page 2 it says 0818, 1890 and 1850 are treated as national calls, I presume this is correct?

You are misreading the price information. Calls to the above numbers currently cost 30c per min. This should change from 1 Dec.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Got one of these sims for my son and I, does anyone know can you ban premium calls/texts?

Seems that this is not possible. Eir numbers to text to activate a block have being posted her before but they do not seen to work for GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

JTMan wrote: »
    My account number showed up, a day or two, before I got my sim.

Hopefully mine show up tomorrow or Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jimjom

Hi all,

I received my sim a week late however I went ahead with it.

My old number has not been ported and I have been assigned another number incorrectly.
    I have a requested a validation code but nothing has come through since yesterday.
    I've emailed them three times and received no response. I desperately need my number ported asap.
    Surely there is some other way to contact them?
    Infuriating!!

jimjom wrote: »
    Hi all,

My old number has not been ported and I have been assigned another number incorrectly.
    I have a requested a validation code but nothing has come through since yesterday.
    I've emailed them three times and received no response. I desperately need my number ported asap.
    Infuriating!!

Have you tried Twitter DM?

jimjom wrote:
    My old number has not been ported and I have been assigned another number incorrectly. I have a requested a validation code but nothing has come through since yesterday. I've emailed them three times and received no response. I desperately need my number ported asap. Surely there is some other way to contact them? Infuriating!!

On receipt of the SIM card did you check the its phone number against the number shown on your GoMo online account? If it did not match then you have been sent someone elses SIM card.

Hi all,

Infuriating!!

I have seen some people say that if you post publicly on their Facebook page you get a quicker response. In fact GoMo posted on Facebook they don't have access to emails that people send.
    Go figure.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

I applied for Sim on 3rd Nov,still have not received it,however my number has been ported and now I am without any Mobile service.Terrible start with this crowd already
    BTW on website ;When will my SIM be delivered?
    Your SIM will be delivered within 10 working days.

All GoMo SIM cards come with a new number as standard but if you want to keep your old number, don’t worry we will not move your number until you’ve received your SIM. We’ll also send you a text 24 hours before we move your number so you’ll know when it’s going to happen.

Must be some sort of joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Sorry for dumb question. I'm getting prompted by my phone to set a voicemail number since I ported over earlier in the week. What should this number be set to?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

lob020 wrote: »
    I applied for Sim on 3rd Nov,still have not received it,however my number has been ported and now I am without any Mobile service.Terrible start with this crowd already

All GoMo SIM cards come with a new number as standard but if you want to keep your old number, don’t worry we will not move your number until you’ve received your SIM. We’ll also send you a text 24 hours before we move your number so you’ll know when it’s going to happen.

That’s strange as I ordered a sim for my wife on the 1st of November, the option to port wasn’t there, (It was there from day one as the other 4 sims I ordered all allowed me to sell date and time) just a message saying after the sim arrives I could set up a port then. This was a far better system to be honest. Anyway her sim came on the 11th Nov.

How and why did you arrange porting before the GoMo SIM actually arrived? That's madness IMO.

lob020 wrote:
    I applied for Sim on 3rd Nov,still have not received it,however my number has been ported and now I am without any Mobile service.Terrible start with this crowd already BTW on website ;When will my SIM be delivered? Your SIM will be delivered within 10 working days.

Why did you request porting of your number before receiving the GoMo SIM? I don't understand why people do that. Surely it's better to trial the GoMo SIM first.

Also 10 days (working) from the 3rd Nov is actually only today, so you weren't giving them much leeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

I wouldnt care either,except they ported my number 4 days ago
    As others have posted ,I believed innocently that they wouldnt port my number until I had received my SIM
    Its a lesson for anyone else,do not believe what GOMO say,they will port your number regardless,wait until you receive your SIM
    Its incredible to think that a modern company just set up can completely disregard there own guidelines/instructions

I wouldnt care either,except they ported my number 4 days ago
    As others have posted ,I believed innocently that they wouldnt port my number until I had received my SIM
    Its a lesson for anyone else,do not believe what GOMO say,they will port your number regardless,wait until you receive your SIM
    Its incredible to think that a modern company just set up can completely disregard there own guidelines/instructions

Surely you gave them an instruction and set up a time for your port?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Why did you request porting of your number before receiving the GoMo SIM? I don't understand why people do that. Surely it's better to trial the GoMo SIM first.

When I ordered my SIM I set a porting date for 4 weeks later. I got my SIM after 6 days, was happy with the service so ported flawlessly the following day.
    Set a porting date as far into the future as you can. You can always change it after you receive your SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Hi all,

Infuriating!!

Have you checked your Junk mail? When I emailed them their response was in there.

Advertisement