Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

All GoMo SIM cards come with a new number as standard but if you want to keep your old number, don’t worry we will not move your number until you’ve received your SIM. We’ll also send you a text 24 hours before we move your number so you’ll know when it’s going to happen.
    above is on their website,they are not supposed to port your number until you receive your SIM,regardless of when you request port

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

It looks like your SIM has been delivered to someone else. Once GoMo got confirmation of delivery from An Post they allowed the porting to proceed. Have you tried calling your number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have a weird one. Father had a SIM delivered but when I login online there is no number associated with the account. It's like An Post never notified there was a delivery.

Anyone encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Does anyone know how to turn on call waiting? I turned off voicemail using ##002# and since then there’s no call waiting. People just get an engaged tone if I’m already on a call there’s no call catcher either.

I have a weird one. Father had a SIM delivered but when I login online there is no number associated with the account. It's like An Post never notified there was a delivery.

Keep checking the online account for assignment of a number. Once assigned compare it with the number on the SIM card received. If they match you're grand otherwise you will need to contact GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Keep checking the online account for assignment of a number. Once assigned compare it with the number on the SIM card received. If they match you're grand otherwise you will need to contact GoMo.

Sound. SIM arrived Tuesday, would have thought it would have appeared on MyGomo by now, just getting "No phone number available". Have gotten the tracking number from my father and An Post have it listed as delivered alright. Might get onto chat tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Sorry for dumb question. I'm getting prompted by my phone to set a voicemail number since I ported over earlier in the week. What should this number be set to?

Brego888 wrote:
    Sorry for dumb question. I'm getting prompted by my phone to set a voicemail number since I ported over earlier in the week. What should this number be set to?

Dial 171 & follow the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

It looks like your SIM has been delivered to someone else. Once GoMo got confirmation of delivery from An Post they allowed the porting to proceed. Have you tried calling your number?

The number is out of service,I think they have so many application s,they probably don't go thru all the checks before porting,at least that's what I'm led to believe,human error, pressure of work easy to understand and looks like I've no comeback either,missed doctors appts,bank access requests etc and all I get is an apology IP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I asked about how to turn on call waiting. Answer is *43# for anyone else who wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jarvis wrote: »
    I asked about how to turn on call waiting. Answer is *43# for anyone else who wonders.

Or if you have an iPhone, just go into settings and switch it on from in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone encounter this?
    The exact same thing happened to my mother this week. She had a sim delivered on Monday but when I put it into her phone it kept saying "unregistered on network" so couldn't make any calls and when I logged into the GoMo account it didn't have any number registered to it.

I sent them a message via the contact form on the site but didn't hear back so I don't know if that achieved anything however after checking the account periodically a number finally showed up at lunchtime yesterday and it was the same one as the sim that was sent out. I put the GoMo sim back into her phone and it was working so I scheduled the port for 4pm yesterday and all went ahead perfectly.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

lob020 wrote: »

The number is out of service,I think they have so many application s,they probably don't go thru all the checks before porting,at least that's what I'm led to believe,human error, pressure of work easy to understand and looks like I've no comeback either,missed doctors appts,bank access requests etc and all I get is an apology IP

Well they removed the ability to port when ordering one's SIM a few weeks ago so they obviously reacted to the good many reports of people having their numbers ported before their SIMs arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Got SIM the other day. Number ported over this morning and calls/texts all working fine but can't seem to use mobile data at all.

No obvious issue on phone (mobile data working fine on previous SIM) so a bit perplexed and tired... any obvious resolution I'm overlooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Ordered sim a few days ago.
    It's for my son as his first phone so everything went perfectly. Popped sim I received into phone and all good.

Now at the moment I've myself and wife on one account with Eir.
    Gomo only allows two sims per account.
    So I've already signed my son up to gomo so I've only one sim slot left.
    So I've ordered another sim tonight which will be mine.
    Got my wife to set up her own gomo account and ordered sim.
    Will it be just straight forward to port myself and wife's number from eir given that I had the two numbers on my account with Eir?
    My head hurts 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Got SIM the other day. Number ported over this morning and calls/texts all working fine but can't seem to use mobile data at all.

No obvious issue on phone (mobile data working fine on previous SIM) so a bit perplexed and tired... any obvious resolution I'm overlooking?

Check the apn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I have exactly the same issue - no data. Some people are saying you need a particular access point but that's not it for me. I got two Sims, it's the wife's that is not working. I swap them over and data is fine. Also the access point is the same.

So I emailed three times two weeks ago. Then earlier this week sent complaint email. Comreg says it is to be acknowleged within 48 hours. That was 4 days ago.
    Tried a pm on facebook.

Still waiting. In meantime got a Lyca SIM with a 4 gig data package and it's in her second slim slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Got this from Vodafone PAYG today :-)

Service announcement: From tomorrow, as part of your Smart Extra plan we are increasing the amount of data you get every 4 weeks from 6GB to 20GB. The change will come into effect the next time you top up by up €20 or more in one go.

Must be getting worried , I've already got the gomo SIM but haven't ported yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Lennyzip wrote: »

Service announcement: From tomorrow, as part of your Smart Extra plan we are increasing the amount of data you get every 4 weeks from 6GB to 20GB. The change will come into effect the next time you top up by up €20 or more in one go.

Me

That in my opinion it a bad plan to start with when there were better plans/offers with the same provider if PAYG.

Jeff2 wrote: »

Me

That in my opinion it a bad plan to start with when there were better plans/offers with the same provider if PAYG.

It was **** , no argument there . And I always ended up topping up before the 28 days too . Now ,i don't Hoover up data but on the few occasions I forgot to top up and actually had credit on it , they charged me €2 a day for data when I was out of my plan.i purposely turned off my data one day to wait on topping up . Even with a residual 100kb they still charged me . How it happened , I don't know , but it was a very sneaky thing to do . And if I had no extra credit on the phone , I literally couldn't top up the phone online because I couldn't access data . Glad to be moving on from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I got a call from Vodafone offering unlimited calls and txt with 20GB of data for 20 euros per month.
    10 of that stays on the account to use for something else.
    on top of that was offered 100 euros but not sure if in credit or voucher or somethig.

Tom

I got a call from Vodafone offering unlimited calls and txt with 20GB of data for 20 euros per month.
    10 of that stays on the account to use for something else.
    on top of that was offered 100 euros but not sure if in credit or voucher or somethig.

Tom

I might have got the same call but missed it . Think the boat has sailed . **** them .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Seems RCS messaging will work on GoMo after all. Status showing as connected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

So Vodafone are charging at least 120 EUR more per year than GoMo, offer 1/4 of the data of GoMo and do not offer any network unlimited calls on this plan (by default at least). The GoMo offer stands out by a country mile over this.

Does Vodafone think their customers are stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JTMan wrote: »
    So Vodafone are charging at least 120 EUR more per year than GoMo, offer 1/4 of the data of GoMo and do not offer any network unlimited calls on this plan (by default at least). The GoMo offer stands out by a country mile over this.

Does Vodafone think their customers are stupid?
    Yes they do.
    There has been cheaper and better plans on the market for years yet people remain with VF and other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody know how to extend the time before call goes to voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody know how to extend the time before call goes to voicemail?

To extend your ring time, dial the following code:
    **61* Prefix 5 yournumber ** 30 # press send.
    eg: **61*08751234567**30#
    The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59540487&postcount=22

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Are MMS messages included in my €9.99 plan?
    Do they go against my data allowance?

It's not clear from reading their pricing PDF
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

eirman wrote: »

Not included in the 9.99 plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eirman wrote: »

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

SMS, calls and data only.

MMS is nearly dead with whatsapp and other apps doing the job for free with no kb limit.

Advertisement