Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MMS messages aren’t included in any provider plans as far as I know, sure with iMessage, WhatsApp and messenger there are enough alternatives for people not to be sending mms messages

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Has anyone managed to cancel their GoMo account. I have used their contact page but got no reply. Would simply porting to a prepay sim card automatically cancel the account. At the moment GoMo are like Hotel California.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Has anyone managed to cancel their GoMo account. I have used their contact page but got no reply. Would simply porting to a prepay sim card automatically cancel the account. At the moment GoMo are like Hotel California.

Yea they don't work weekends, I would recommend messager them. They got back to me the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

But possibly not as warm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Porting is the quickest but you still will have to pay for a full 30 days without any service from them.

Canceling means you can continue to use the service for the 30 days notice.

So it depends on what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I just got my GoMo SIM. I am already with Eir. I am going to port my number to the GoMo SIM using the Move Number function option but I have some questions.
    1. Will GoMo contact Eir to cancel the old SIM?
    2. Do I have to contact Eir at all?
    3. My current contract with Eir is probably well up but will I still pay a month of rental charges?

I just got my GoMo SIM. I am already with Eir. I am going to port my number to the GoMo SIM using the Move Number function option but I have some questions.
    1. Will GoMo contact Eir to cancel the old SIM?
    2. Do I have to contact Eir at all?
    3. My current contract with Eir is probably well up but will I still pay a month of rental charges?

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No, you’ll actually get a credit from them as you pay in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sisters after putting the sim she got into her phone but it’s showing emergency calls only for some reason. App and everything shows the mymeteor one and tried turning it on and off but nothing. What’s interesting is that the pin code on the packaging is different then the one online so is it possible she was given the wrong sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sisters after putting the sim she got into her phone but it’s showing emergency calls only for some reason. App and everything shows the mymeteor one and tried turning it on and off but nothing. What’s interesting is that the pin code on the packaging is different then the one online so is it possible she was given the wrong sim?

Yes, as other have ported their number and lost that to a sim sent to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes, as other have ported their number and lost that to a sim sent to someone else.

Sorry to whoever lost their number! That’s annoying! Will contact gomo today and order another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Gomo are a joke. They lost my son's number when he ported over (he's got the Gomo sim number but his own has been disconnected) and they haven't responded to the five messages I left them on their chat service, the three messages I sent through their facebook/messenger page or to the email I sent to their complaints section.

Another five days and I'll be escalating this to Comreg. And I thought Eir were bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

D13exile wrote:
    Gomo are a joke. They lost my son's number when he ported over (he's got the Gomo sim number but his own has been disconnected) and they haven't responded to the five messages I left them on their chat service, the three messages I sent through their facebook/messenger page or to the email I sent to their complaints section.

Are you sure that the GoMo SIM he received is the same as that shown in his online account. He may be one of those who was sent the wrong SIM card. You can check this by comparing the PIN & PUK details on the received SIM card with those in his online account. If they differ then his number has been ported to a different number than that received.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Are you sure that the GoMo SIM he received is the same as that shown in his online account. He may be one of those who was sent the wrong SIM card. You can check this by comparing the PIN & PUK details on the received SIM card with those in his online account. If they differ then his number has been ported to a different number than that received.

Its the correct SIM alright as the numbers match the ones on the account portal. They even have his original phone number on the accounts page but when I call it, I get a message saying this number has been disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Hi
    I scheduled a port from my bill pay 3 sim but acidentally put it as a prepay in the port settings. Then port was unsucessful but now I can't schedule another port as this one is still in progress. Anyone else have this problem?

I did this as well. How did you get it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to:

1. With the 2 sims on one account option, is it still €9.99? Can I put one sim in my tablet and one in my phone, and share the account that way?

2. Does MyGomo have a webtext option. I travel outside the EU and would like this for sending texts in an emergency.

Cheers for your help.

Nope, €9.99 per sim, and no webtexting facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Seems I'm getting voicemails. Whats the quickest way of turning it off without having to go through all the setup/recording greetings just to disable it?

Dempsey wrote:
    Seems I'm getting voicemails. Whats the quickest way of turning it off without having to go through all the setup/recording greetings just to disable it?

Enter ##002# via your dial pad. This should cancel the call divert to voicemail. It will not stop someone from leaving a voicemail by using 5 after the number prefix - 085 5 1234567.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tombrown

OK - a quick glance through this thread and looking at some reviews online is telling me that moving to GoMo may be risky (lost numbers) and painful (bad support). Is that a fair assessment?

If so, do folks think this is teething problems and it will improve?

At the moment I am probably going to swap my VF bill pay contract for a PAYG one and keep an eye on Gomo to see if the situation improves

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Hey just ordered gomo SIM for a friend . Anyone know when the first billing date is for it ? 1st of each month . Think I read the €10 activation fee covers the order but when does the first bill come through , a month after the date of the activation or 1st of each month .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Hey just ordered gomo SIM for a friend . Anyone know when the first billing date is for it ? 1st of each month . Think I read the €10 activation fee covers the order but when does the first bill come through , a month after the date of the activation or 1st of each month .

Tenner activation fee covers remainder of this month. December bill will issue on December 1st, money will be taken from card on 8th December.

tombrown wrote:
    OK - a quick glance through this thread and looking at some reviews online is telling me that moving to GoMo may be risky (lost numbers) and painful (bad support). Is that a fair assessment?

In my opinion it's not a fair assessment. Satisfied customers are less likely to post their views. Why don't you get the GoMo SIM & trial it for a week or two & if happy then port your number. You could forward calls from your existing number to the GoMo number during the trial period. I am with GoMo 3 weeks now & very happy with it. Speeds are not great in my house but then I have broadband available. I had no problems porting my number from Three & no problems with texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

tombrown wrote: »

At the moment I am probably going to swap my VF bill pay contract for a PAYG one and keep an eye on Gomo to see if the situation improves

I've had no issues. Better signal in my house where it was bad.

Very positive experience. I was fed up with big phone bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tombrown

Gooser14 wrote: »
    In my opinion it's not a fair assessment. Satisfied customers are less likely to post their views. Why don't you get the GoMo SIM & trial it for a week or two & if happy then port your number. You could forward calls from your existing number to the GoMo number during the trial period. I am with GoMo 3 weeks now & very happy with it. Speeds are not great in my house but then I have broadband available. I had no problems porting my number from Three & no problems with texts.
    Thats a good suggestion - I wasn't aware that I had the option of not porting my number immediately. Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There is absolutely no risk of losing your number so long as you take the basic precaution of making sure the details of the GoMo SIM you receive in the post match the details listed in your My GoMo account.

Bad (or non-existent!) customer service is a given though. But from my experience Vodafone CS is gone to absolute sh*te recently so it's all relative...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Was like you initially based on the negative comments I read, but noticed that there are two main issues
    1- Customer made - most folks making mistakes of not checking the phone number of Gomo matches the one on the Sim pack.
    2 - Customer made - Requesting porting when you have not received your SIM card
    3 - Customer made - Making/selecting wrong option(s) when porting
    Lastly, If Gomo sends you out the wrong SIM card
    Was on Tesco and once I decided to port and set time to 15mins, everything went smoothly, same with my wife's

PS - The only difference from my previous on iPhone is that I don't see the option to select LTE with Gomo, can folks confirm please that it is the case with Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

sammyano wrote: »
    Was like you initially based on the negative comments I read, but noticed that there are two main issues
    1- Customer made - most folks making mistakes of not checking the phone number of Gomo matches the one on the Sim pack.
    2 - Customer made - Requesting porting when you have not received your SIM card
    3 - Customer made - Making/selecting wrong option(s) when porting
    Lastly, If Gomo sends you out the wrong SIM card
    Was on Tesco and once I decided to port and set time to 15mins, everything went smoothly, same with my wife's

PS - The only difference from my previous on iPhone is that I don't see the option to select LTE with Gomo, can folks confirm please that it is the case with Gomo?
    I can confirm that the Gomo SIM is capable of receiving 4G / LTE - I'm using it now. I know nothing about IPhone settings though.

Lissavane wrote: »
    I can confirm that the Gomo SIM is capable of receiving 4G / LTE - I'm using it now. I know nothing about IPhone settings though.

Does you phone show 4G or LTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

sammyano wrote: »
    Does you phone show 4G or LTE?
    It shows 4G.

• Advertisement

Lissavane wrote: »
    It shows 4G.

OK - thanks was talking about showing 4G LTE

Advertisement