Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tombrown

Whats the story with international calls? Is there any option to pay a bundle price on top of the 9.99 a month to get a certain number of international calls included?

I will be in England over Christmas, and while roaming is free, making any call to English numbers, while I'm there, will be treated as a standard int. call and I can see charges adding up quite quickly if its just a per minute rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I've had no issues. Better signal in my house where it was bad.

Very positive experience. I was fed up with big phone bills.

And me, apart of having to change an APN - which this thread helped me with - Its been great - delighted to save some money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

tombrown wrote: »
    Whats the story with international calls? Is there any option to pay a bundle price on top of the 9.99 a month to get a certain number of international calls included?

There is no international call bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I will be in England over Christmas, and while roaming is free, making any call to English numbers, while I'm there, will be treated as a standard int. call and I can see charges adding up quite quickly if its just a per minute rate

Calls to any EEA number are included while roaming.
    Calling English numbers while in England will not cost any extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Calls to any EEA number are included while roaming.
    Calling English numbers while in England will not cost any extra.

Are you sure ? That couldnt be right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Are you sure ? That couldnt be right

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/question-and-answers-roaming
    11. If I travel and call or text a friend, do I have to worry on which operator he/she is or whether it is a fixed or mobile?

No. When you are roaming in the EU, all calls to mobile and fixed numbers in the EU will be counted against your national volume of minutes (or will be unlimited if you have unlimited calls at home), exactly as if you were calling within your home country. If you have distinct so-called ‘on-net’ and ‘off-net’ volumes in your national bundle, all the roaming minutes may be all deducted from the off-net volume, and also when you call another subscriber of the same domestic operator while roaming.

For example: If you have a Belgian card and you travel to France and call either a hotel in France, back home to Belgium, or to any other country in the EU and the EEA, you are roaming (refer to legal text on the regulation on roaming) , and you will pay Belgian internal domestic prices (refer to legal text).
    However, if a Belgian SIM card holder calls from Belgium to Spain, she/he will pay the international tariff. Calls from home to another EU country are not roaming and are not regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

And there's this from Comreg https://www.comreg.ie/media/2019/09/ComReg-Roaming-Guide-En.pdf

OT comment: What seems bizarre to me is that once you leave your home country and are in any other EU country, you can call throughout the EU at the rates you would pay if making internal calls within your own country (ie free, on Gomo). Yet, if you make a call to another EU country from Ireland, you'll be fleeced with international call charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Hey just ordered gomo SIM for a friend . Anyone know when the first billing date is for it ? 1st of each month . Think I read the €10 activation fee covers the order but when does the first bill come through , a month after the date of the activation or 1st of each month .

Jayus , just got a call off my friend . He's details have already shown up on his my gomo account , number , pin , etc . Took me two weeks for that info to show up . Hell hardly get it tomorrow , will he . I got my SIM delivered the day after my info showed up .

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I got a notification that I got a new voicemail. How do I listen to it? When I click on it doesn't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

zeebre12 wrote:
    I got a notification that I got a new voicemail. How do I listen to it? When I click on it doesn't do anything.

Try dialing 171.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

AppleD wrote: »
    When I get left a voicemail, I'm not getting a text to let me know that a voicemail has been left.
    Anyone know a fix?
    Hi, did you get this sorted? Having the same problem with iPhone 8. Only realise yesterday people had been leaving messages but I got no text notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

OK - a quick glance through this thread and looking at some reviews online is telling me that moving to GoMo may be risky (lost numbers) and painful (bad support). Is that a fair assessment?

If so, do folks think this is teething problems and it will improve?

At the moment I am probably going to swap my VF bill pay contract for a PAYG one and keep an eye on Gomo to see if the situation improves

My son and daughter both switched to Gomo and they are delighted with the service, they both had no problems porting over numbers etc.,
    I feel only people with problems, wrong sim received will post here for help and solutions.

Just make sure when you get the sim in the post the mobile number and pin match what is on you gomo log in account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

That's gas. So if in Dublin I cannot ring France, but if in another EU country, I can ring any EU country as part of my allowance?

I cannot get my head around that one or I am reading it completely wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

That's gas. So if in Dublin I cannot ring France, but if in another EU country, I can ring any EU country as part of my allowance?

You can ring France alright, but at International cost :-) - you are not alone when it comes to not making sense - we should go roaming more often to call other EU numbers at local rate :-)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Since May 15th this year, calling/texting other EEA countries from your home country is now capped at 19c/6c + VAT and will be brought into line with domestic charges over the next few years, the same as what happened with roaming costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Quackster wrote: »
    Since May 15th this year, calling/texting other EEA countries from your home country is now capped at 19c/6c + VAT and will be brought into line with domestic charges over the next few years, the same as what happened with roaming costs.

Is that any date set in stone as to when intra EU/EEA calls made domestically will be included in landline bundles? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Philster wrote: »
    Hi, did you get this sorted? Having the same problem with iPhone 8. Only realise yesterday people had been leaving messages but I got no text notification.

I'm getting a Voicemail Unknown number notification . Never had that before .

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Philster wrote: »

I just dialled 171 and had to set up greeting etc before it mentioned the voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Checked on my alerts and it says I will be ported over today.
    Should my eir disconnect and show emergency calls only then swap sim to gomo?

I scheduled the port to start at 9.30am this morning.

Edit : ported over now and all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Had 2 missed calls in my gomo number from Guyana...

Interestingly I haven't given out the number as I've only been testing the speeds wonder how they got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tombrown

So, when I'm up in Donegal, if I want to call somewhere in Europe I just step over the border for 5 minutes and its free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

So, when I'm up in Donegal, if I want to call somewhere in Europe I just step over the border for 5 minutes and its free :)

If the signal is strong you mightn't need to cross the border :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Had 2 missed calls in my gomo number from Guyana...

Interestingly I haven't given out the number as I've only been testing the speeds wonder how they got it

Don't have to give out your number anymore, it could be an automatic dialling just checking to see if the number is active before targeting you again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clarkeed

I am on my second sim from GoMo, my first worked for calls and txt but mobile data would not work, I put my friends GoMo sim in my phone and it worked fine on mobile data, so asked GoMo for a new sim after explaining to them, this came yesterday but i still have no mobile data but works on calls and txt i have tried every APN setting i found online and also my friends APN settings but still no joy. anyone got any idea's before i cancel my account and go back to my original provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

clarkeed wrote:
    I am on my second sim from GoMo, my first worked for calls and txt but mobile data would not work, I put my friends GoMo sim in my phone and it worked fine on mobile data, so asked GoMo for a new sim after explaining to them, this came yesterday but i still have no mobile data but works on calls and txt i have tried every APN setting i found online and also my friends APN settings but still no joy. anyone got any idea's before i cancel my account and go back to my original provider?

Have you tried your SIM in your friends phone? Presumably you have checked that mobile data is enabled on your phone.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

clarkeed wrote: »
    Assuming all else is in order, then it is a setting at their end that you'll have to get them to enable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I have 2 sims on my account, my own and my wife’s. I want to port away from GoMo and back to tesco because signal in my home is bad.
    I must have to click ‘bill pay’ when I port but then I need to provide an account number. I can get my own account number as I already have a bill but my wife hasn’t received a bill yet so not sure if her account number is the same. Can someone with 2 sims on an account check is the account number the same for both sims please.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I just dialled 171 and had to set up greeting etc before it mentioned the voicemail.
    I did that when I got the sim and assumed all was ok until work and other people were asking me why I wasn't responding to voice mail. I messed with settings yesterday and now no one can leave a voice message. :rolleyes:

I did a live chat there and got nowhere with the person. Couldn't even tell me if Gomo sent a text message when you get a voice message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Do I have to unlock my phone before the new GoMo SIM will work? I am currently with Eir/Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone had any issues porting from Vodafone prepay? Got my sim and went to schedule a port, get my verification code no problem, schedule the port and there's two prepay options under account type (prepay registered and unregistered), I've tried both but when I click Confirm literally nothing happens, no error message or anything, it's like the button doesn't link to anything, zero feedback. Tried a couple of different browsers and also tried through phone browser but get nothing. Have tried different porting times and dates also.

I've sent them a support query but wondering if anyone here had the same issue?

Advertisement