Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do I have to unlock my phone before the new GoMo SIM will work? I am currently with Eir/Meteor.

No. Eir locked phones work with GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Do I have to unlock my phone before the new GoMo SIM will work? I am currently with Eir/Meteor.
    Not for GoMo, but for other operators you might.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

is the chat button gone now? its not on my page at all when i log in

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought I read that 3 were matching the GoMo offer.

Asked them in their live chat and they said they weren't.

Anyone actually been offered a match?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    is the chat button gone now? its not on my page at all when i log in
    It's hardly ever there. It was luck that it was there earlier but my experience with the live chat was not great and she terminated the conversation anyway without actually doing anything.

For an extra 5 quid I might just go to Eir were the CS is awful but at least in my experience I always got any issues or queries dealt with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Are vodafone acting the rollocks with handset unlock codes?
    Ordered gomo for my father three weeks ago, sim arrived, all went to plan.
    Requested nac from vodafone at the time, lots of heel dragging they sent a code today... it doesn’t work (imei is correct)... anyone else having this type of issue with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I thought I read that 3 were matching the GoMo offer.

Asked them in their live chat and they said they weren't.

Anyone actually been offered a match?

I know of one person out of one(that I know on three) that got offered a match after a long time on the phone with them and a few initial offers of €15 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

sammyano wrote: »
    OK - thanks was talking about showing 4G LTE

I have an iphone and it wouldonly allow me to set 4G. When I tried to set it to 4G LTE, I got a message saying the network does not support LTE.
    So far, no issues with Gomo, received sim within 3 days, ported from Tesco the following day with no issues. Very happy with phone coverage so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Blut2

Has anyone else had problems with the GoMo Move My Number page? I put in my phone number, verified my number with the texted code, and scheduled a port for tomorrow (or today). And my account type. But when I click the 'confirm' button nothing happens. No error message, no success message, just nothing.

Has anyone else faced similar?

edit: actually I just logged in and out, and tried the whole process again, and it went through this time. Nevermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Blut2 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had problems with the GoMo Move My Number page? I put in my phone number, verified my number with the texted code, and scheduled a port for tomorrow (or today). And my account type. But when I click the 'confirm' button nothing happens. No error message, no success message, just nothing.

Has anyone else faced similar?

Yep. I had scheduled for a Sunday but I only got a successful ported over text from GoMo on Wednesday. Be patient.

It had said "in progress" in the porting schedule screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thinking of sticking a relative on this plan, as she's paying €20 for Eir at the moment and uses a basic phone without data. I assume that this would be a good network for her, for the price, seeing as it's the same network? Or is there some reason why she should avoid joining it for SMS and Calls only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Thinking of sticking a relative on this plan, as she's paying €20 for Eir at the moment and uses a basic phone without data. I assume that this would be a good network for her, for the price, seeing as it's the same network? Or is there some reason why she should avoid joining it for SMS and Calls only?

Bear in mind that she will need to register a debit or credit card for payment purposes.

Same network. Good choice, half the cost for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys,
    I got the SIM from Gomo but I haven't got the following:

No Password to my Gomo account
    No SMS or email from gomo

Thus how I am going to port my existing phone number if I haven't got the above details ?

Any response appreciated

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I got the SIM from Gomo but I haven't got the following:

No Password to my Gomo account
    No SMS or email from gomo

Thus how I am going to port my existing phone number if I haven't got the above details ?

Any response appreciated

Did you issue a Hotmail/Outlook account to register? There is an issue with getting emails from these accounts.

Anyway, contact GoMo support and say you have not got access to My GoMo and perhaps provide a new email address.

whiz wrote:
    No Password to my Gomo account No SMS or email from gomo

You create the password when you register for your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

JTMan wrote: »
    Did you issue a Hotmail/Outlook account to register? There is an issue with getting emails from these accounts.

Anyway, contact GoMo support and say you have not got access to My GoMo and perhaps provide a new email address.

Yes it was a Hotmail account, how can I contact their support ?

I have clicked on password reset to be sent to my Hotmail account but nothing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Bear in mind that she will need to register a debit or credit card for payment purposes.

I'll get her a free N26 or Revolut account. No need for the card so no stamp duty. Top it up every three months with €40 and we're good. Thanks for flagging
    JTMan wrote: »
    Same network. Good choice, half the cost for her.

Cheers. Thanks for the feedback. For a non data user it seems like a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'd be worried that if you are responsible for porting your relatives number and their number is lost then you are in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dollylama

Had 2 missed calls in my gomo number from Guyana...

Interestingly I haven't given out the number as I've only been testing the speeds wonder how they got it

Within a week of getting my SIM, I was receiving calls from that IPOS RedC polling crowd in Dublin. I've never ever received a call from them on any other number I owned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

dollylama wrote: »
    Within a week of getting my SIM, I was receiving calls from that IPOS RedC polling crowd in Dublin. I've never ever received a call from them on any other number I owned

Have you managed to block them?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

Folks trying to Move my number got code etc, its looking for Account Type, I did the 9.99 a month, which account is that on the options, I cannot find type of account anywhere, I presume i'm a Prepay Registered but the screen won't advance when i choose that. any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi my daughter ported her number over , she can receive calls but her iMessages are not going through , any ideas thanks

mafitz wrote:
    Folks trying to Move my number got code etc, its looking for Account Type, I did the 9.99 a month, which account is that on the options, I cannot find type of account anywhere, I presume i'm a Prepay Registered but the screen won't advance when i choose that. any ideas??

It's asking you to identify the account of the number you are moving from. Is that a Prepay Registered or not account?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi my daughter ported her number over , she can receive calls but her iMessages are not going through , any ideas thanks

Get her to switch of imessage, restart phone and then switch back on imessage again. It should then activate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Ported the new Gomo number/SIM fine. No problems. Impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭JDxtra

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Anyone had any issues porting from Vodafone prepay? Got my sim and went to schedule a port, get my verification code no problem, schedule the port and there's two prepay options under account type (prepay registered and unregistered), I've tried both but when I click Confirm literally nothing happens, no error message or anything, it's like the button doesn't link to anything, zero feedback. Tried a couple of different browsers and also tried through phone browser but get nothing. Have tried different porting times and dates also.

I've sent them a support query but wondering if anyone here had the same issue?

Same issue, except I'm on Three. Tried different browsers, mobile and PC - nothing happens and no error. Tried pretty much every combination and it won't allow me to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭JDxtra

JDxtra wrote: »
    Same issue, except I'm on Three. Tried different browsers, mobile and PC - nothing happens and no error. Tried pretty much every combination and it won't allow me to proceed.

Sorted now. Just had to try a few times.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ordered Sim Wed's Night. (like, 10pm)
    Sim Arrived this Morning.

Holy ****!

Got it for my Ipad, No intention of using for calls, But perfect for internet on the go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

They’re definitely getting better or demand is slowing down or both. Got into chat instantly today. Twitter reply within the half hour. Should be ok for support from now on I’d imagine.

Advertisement