Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone having trouble with FaceTime and iMessage activation?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kceire wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with FaceTime and iMessage activation?

No, mine activated on day one and have been fine since, did you switch off imessage, restart your phone, and then switch imessage back on again then?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No, mine activated on day one and have been fine since, did you switch off imessage, restart your phone, and then switch imessage back on again then?

Switched off phone
    Then done the iMessage on/off.

But I didn’t do as you’ve described so I’ll do that for her tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Porting my number from mygomo still won't work . Has not worked for the last three weeks.
    Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Porting my number from mygomo still won't work . Has not worked for the last three weeks.
    Very disappointing.

Have you contacted support?

What network are you porting from?

Have you got the account number right? Have you got the package type (prepay, bill, registered, unregistered) right?

What error, if any, are you getting?

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    Have you contacted support?

What network are you porting from?

Have you got the account number right? Have you got the package type (prepay, bill, registered, unregistered) right?

What error, if any, are you getting?

Yes , have contacted them, online chat apologize that the website is not working for porting numbers.
    Porting from Eir, meteor.
    I have used my current eir account number, and tried all combination s.
    The problem is that once I get to the last step, and click confirm, nothing happens, no feedback.

Yes , have contacted them, online chat apologize that the website is not working for porting numbers.
    The problem is that once I get to the last step, and click confirm, nothing happens, no feedback.

Have you tried different browsers?

Chrome, Firefox and mobile chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Citroen2cv wrote:
    Chrome, Firefox and mobile chrome.

Are you receiving & inputting the validation code received by text from your current service provider eir.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Are you receiving & inputting the validation code received by text from your current service provider eir.

Yes

• Advertisement

Could you port from Eir to another operator by getting a prepay sim and then port again to GoMo? Perhaps, that might solve the issue.

Could you port from Eir to another operator by getting a prepay sim and then port again to GoMo? Perhaps, that might solve the issue.
    I will keep trying with gomo support, before I resort to that. It's just very poor that they cannot port my number manually themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭JoeCat

I moved my number from Eir top up to Gomo 2 weeks ago and working perfectly, no issues. Today I moved my son's number from 3 to Gomo and so far, no issues but I tried to move my wife's number from Eir top up to Gomo and the port in is failing.

Somehow the system says that she is with Meteor and I get the following error message:

"Your port is rejected as there is already a move in progress for this number in donor network Meteor. Please schedule the port again or contact donor operator."

However, there is no move in progress at all. My wife was many years ago with Meteor and moved to Eir top up long time ago. The sim card is still showing Meteor but she has been paying Eir top ups for long time.

Has anyone had the same problem and has a solution?

Have you contacted GoMo customer support?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

HI Guys

I am Vodafone customer, I want to keep my number....on average how long is it taking GOMO to port numbers to it's network ?

Any response appreciated

whiz wrote: »
    HI Guys

I am Vodafone customer, I want to keep my number....on average how long is it taking GOMO to port numbers to it's network ?

Any response appreciated

Firstly, order a sim card. This can take up to 10 days but there are reports that delivery is speeding up.

Secondly, ensure your sim number matches the number in your online GoMo account.

Thirdly, schedule a port a via your online GoMo account. The port can be scheduled for any day and normally takes a few minutes but sometimes can take up to 24 hours.

Ok if your keeping your existing number do you still need to change to the SIM provided by GOMO ?

whiz wrote: »
    Ok if your keeping your existing number do you still need to change to the SIM provided by GOMO ?

You need a new sim even if you are keeping your existing number.

You need a new sim even if you are keeping your existing number.

Thanks really appreciate your response

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1120/1094139-vodafone-to-refund-73-000-customers-a-total-of-417-000/

This is one of the reasons I switched from Vodafone to Gomo . I knew they had been at this for ages .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lennyzip wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1120/1094139-vodafone-to-refund-73-000-customers-a-total-of-417-000/

This is one of the reasons I switched from Vodafone to Gomo . I knew they had been at this for ages .

I CAN'T WAIT to get my money back. Rip-off merchants, that's what they are! (VF, I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Ported four sims for myself and family members from Three a few weeks back without issue. However the last week or so a friend has had this issue trying to port his son's number (from 3 pre-pay) and this morning I've just tried to schedule a port for my daughter's number (also from 3 prepay) and all appears OK except that the confirm button does nothing.

Trying to get hold of support to sort it out before she heads back to college on Monday.

Ported four sims for myself and family members from Three a few weeks back without issue. However the last week or so a friend has had this issue trying to port his son's number (from 3 pre-pay) and this morning I've just tried to schedule a port for my daughter's number (also from 3 prepay) and all appears OK except that the confirm button does nothing.

Trying to get hold of support to sort it out before she heads back to college on Monday.

Same for me, confirm button does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

New Home wrote: »
    I CAN'T WAIT to get my money back. Rip-off merchants, that's what they are! (VF, I mean).

Con artists too !

whiz wrote:

Yes.

Citroen2cv wrote:
    Same for me, confirm button does nothing.

Try selecting a different time/date for the porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭JoeCat

Have you contacted GoMo customer support?

Yes, via Twitter and email through their website.

Twitter more than 6 hours ago and no answer.

Contact form through their website they replied saying that there is no port in request on the number I gave them, so they asked me to try again through their website. Probably they don't even bother to check that with the email address I sent them there is an account which has tried already 3 times to port in, unsuccesfully. The port in attempted is to the number that I gave them.

I sent them screenshots and everything, we will see what they reply with.

I would say that GoMo is very good, as long as you don't need to contact them, then you are left waiting and waiting... Certainly not a good experience if you need to contact them.

By the way, the chat option on their website seems to appear and disappear. I started a chat and I was waiting but suddenly it disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Any ideas on how to turn off voicemail with GoMo? Trying to contact via twitter but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Hi lads,
    Thinking of switching over to gomo but cannot find any pricing on call forwarding.
    Anyone got an idea of the cost of call forwarding to another mobile or landline ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

xraylady wrote:
    Any ideas on how to turn off voicemail with GoMo? Trying to contact via twitter but no luck.

Inputting ##002# through your dialer pad will disable call divert to voicemail. It does not turn off voicemail & calls can still be sent to voicemail by using 5 after the number prefix - 085 5 1234567.

Advertisement