Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Big Lar wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Thinking of switching over to gomo but cannot find any pricing on call forwarding.
    Anyone got an idea of the cost of call forwarding to another mobile or landline ?
    Thanks

Calls forwarded to Irish numbers will use minutes out of the unlimited bundle. The outbound leg of a forwaded call is the same as making a call from your mobile and that’s the part you would pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ported four sims for myself and family members from Three a few weeks back without issue. However the last week or so a friend has had this issue trying to port his son's number (from 3 pre-pay) and this morning I've just tried to schedule a port for my daughter's number (also from 3 prepay) and all appears OK except that the confirm button does nothing.

Multiple other people on Twitter saying the exact same thing.

Response from GoMo care is "We are aware that some customers are experiencing this issue on our website when trying to to port their number. Our web team have identified the issue and are working to implement a solution."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

buzz77 wrote: »
    Calls forwarded to Irish numbers will use minutes out of the unlimited bundle. The outbound leg of a forwarded call is the same as making a call from your mobile and that’s the part you would pay for.

So currently I pay vodafone €0.1322 for each diverted call to landline as below, does anyone know what the cost of a diverted call would be with GoMo ?

2019-11-24-19-27-35.png

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It would come out of your unlimited bundled mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The missus has switched and so far,so good.
    One question is with Unknown Number on the voicemail. How do you sort this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

The missus has switched and so far,so good.
    One question is with Unknown Number on the voicemail. How do you sort this?

I get that too .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I have ported to GoMo no problem using my own mobile phone. However my wife's mobile phone is linked to the Eir broadband account/bundle
    and is under my own name. Can my wife buy a GoMo SIM and port to her number even though her mobile number is linked to an account/bundle under my name? How can we get around this?

I have ported to GoMo no problem using my own mobile phone. However my wife's mobile phone is linked to the Eir broadband account/bundle
    and is under my own name. Can my wife buy a GoMo SIM and port to her number even though her mobile number is linked to an account/bundle under my name? How can we get around this?

Both of my sons ported to gomo from three, their numbers on three were in my name and their accounts on GoMo are in their own names. We just gave them the correct account number and the port went through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Invincible

Would anyone who has ported to Gomo from 48 network successfully state what option they selected please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Inputting ##002# through your dialer pad will disable call divert to voicemail. It does not turn off voicemail & calls can still be sent to voicemail by using 5 after the number prefix - 085 5 1234567.

Thanks for that. Actually just got onto chat via my GoMo and the agent switched it off for me. Got through straight away and all done in 1 min. Good service for a change!

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Would anyone who has ported to Gomo from 48 network successfully state what option they selected please ?

prepay registered as far as I remember

xraylady wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Actually just got onto chat via my GoMo and the agent switched it off for me. Got through straight away and all done in 1 min. Good service for a change!

Out of curiosity, was it Gavin or Jessica, anytime Ive used chat, it was one of the two of them who replied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, was it Gavin or Jessica, anytime Ive used chat, it was one of the two of them who replied :)

Matthew actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Prepay registered m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is porting back working today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

I ported over today from eir and no issues at all

Only query is the sim pin.. I want to change it but I'm hesitant to lock it out because it says one more incorrect try and you must contact the operator.. If I lock it out will the puk work and I can change it to my own pin? Because I really don't want to have to try contacting gomo..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

McCrack wrote: »
    I ported over today from eir and no issues at all

Only query is the sim pin.. I want to change it but I'm hesitant to lock it out because it says one more incorrect try and you must contact the operator.. If I lock it out will the puk work and I can change it to my own pin? Because I really don't want to have to try contacting gomo..

I changed it and it worked ok, but then I moved the SIM to another (very old) phone, and now it's asking for my PUK number and a PIN reset every time I turn on the phone. Not sure if it's a glitch with the phone, or a glitch with the SIM, so I'll wait and see what happens when I start using the new phone I've ordered - if it keeps doing it, I'll contact GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭pms7

saw this on the 48 site forum
    Tesco and Prepay registered.worked for porting

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi I don’t know if this will make sense but I’m hoping someone can help , my son number seems to be port over but he doesn’t have 3G, he can’t ring me or text me from his phone , any ideas or will I have to contact GoMo , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi I don’t know if this will make sense but I’m hoping someone can help , my son number seems to be port over but he doesn’t have 3G, he can’t ring me or text me from his phone , any ideas or will I have to contact GoMo , thanks

How do you know he as ported over?
    Can you call his number and get a response?

• Advertisement

Yeah I can ring him on his number but he can’t ring me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

noble00 wrote: »
    Yeah I can ring him on his number but he can’t ring me

Have you tried turning his phone on and off again?
    (Maybe leave it another few minutes)

No I’m going to try that now , appreciate relying

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I had 4G coverage but no internet access for most of the working day in Dublin 1 today. I used to have the same problem from time to time with Eir. It's extremely frustrating.

jrmb wrote: »
    I had 4G coverage but no internet access for most of the working day in Dublin 1 today. I used to have the same problem from time to time with Eir. It's extremely frustrating.

I had loads of problems in Waterford today also, everything had been excellent up to today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Also had some problems in Cork City today at times, pages not loading. Other then that service is working great

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I had loads of problems in Waterford today also, everything had been excellent up to today too.
    Not good. Have you seen this site? https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ported four sims for myself and family members from Three a few weeks back without issue. However the last week or so a friend has had this issue trying to port his son's number (from 3 pre-pay) and this morning I've just tried to schedule a port for my daughter's number (also from 3 prepay) and all appears OK except that the confirm button does nothing.

Trying to get hold of support to sort it out before she heads back to college on Monday.

I had this issue the other night when porting a friend's number to GoMo. I just had to use a different device to do the port as wouldn't let me click confirm on his phone browser via Chrome but worked no problem on my phone browser which was also Chrome. Very strange.

It was as if clicking the confirm button didn't register on his device.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Might that have something to do with adblocks or security settings of the device you were using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭shmeee

New Home wrote: »
    Might that have something to do with adblocks or security settings of the device you were using?

That's what I was thinking, as no problem once changed phone from a One Plus to a Pixel.

Advertisement