Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Folks , mate got SIM last week. Can make calls but nobody seems to be able to call him . Any ideas ???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Folks , mate got SIM last week. Can make calls but nobody seems to be able to call him . Any ideas ???

There was an answer to your question less than 10 posts above yours... see, this is why people here get annoyed.
    noble00 wrote: »
    Hi I don’t know if this will make sense but I’m hoping someone can help , my son number seems to be port over but he doesn’t have 3G, he can’t ring me or text me from his phone , any ideas or will I have to contact GoMo , thanks
    kippy wrote: »
    How do you know he as ported over?
    Can you call his number and get a response?
    Yeah I can ring him on his number but he can’t ring me
    kippy wrote: »
    Have you tried turning his phone on and off again?
    (Maybe leave it another few minutes)
    No I’m going to try that now , appreciate relying

New Home wrote: »
    There was an answer to your question less than 10 posts above yours... see, this is why people here get annoyed.

I havnt read the thread for a while but thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Could this be another case of someone not checking if the SIM they received matched the SIM number on their Gomo account?

Lissavane wrote: »
    Could this be another case of someone not checking if the SIM they received matched the SIM number on their Gomo account?

No idea . I'll look into that, thanks . Which SIM number are you referring to . The SIM number under " My customer pin " ?

I was able to ring him last week just for clarification .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

No idea . I'll look into that, thanks . Which SIM number are you referring to . The SIM number under " My customer pin " ?

I was able to ring him last week just for clarification .
    I was thinking of the phone number printed on the SIM card he received versus the phone number listed on his Gomo account. If he got the wrong SIM card and ported, his phone number could have gone to who knows whose SIM card.

Lissavane wrote: »
    I was thinking of the phone number printed on the SIM card he received versus the phone number listed on his Gomo account. If he got the wrong SIM card and ported, his phone number could have gone to who knows whose SIM card.

No , he hasn't ported . I told him not to . To see how it goes first regarding calls , data , etc .

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No , he hasn't ported . I told him not to . To see how it goes first regarding calls , data , etc .

But if he received someone else's GoMo SIM and that someone else has now ported their number, then obviously the 085 number that came with the GoMo SIM he received would no longer work.

Get him to ring you and check if it's still that same 085 number that appears on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

In for the thousanth post!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Another day, another morning without a working data connection in Dublin 1. As I said earlier, I had exactly the same problem regularly with Eir.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    But if he received someone else's GoMo SIM and that someone else has now ported their number, then obviously the 085 number that came with the GoMo SIM he received would no longer work.

Get him to ring you and check if it's still that same 085 number that appears on your phone.

It appears to be an intermittent issue in his house . He told me today he could receive calls . Weird . He seems to be cool with that , not sure id be .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Sim card arrived today for my father.

Trying to port him over. Like others have said, the purple confirm button on the porting page does nothing.

Tried different browsers, different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

moonboy52 wrote: »

Trying to port him over. Like others have said, the purple confirm button on the porting page does nothing.

They posted this reply on twitter yesterday to someone with the same issue. Don't know if it works though.

"There is an issue with that at the moment but there's a workaround for now. Could you please go back to your "My Account" section and ensure your GoMo temporary number has loaded in, and then proceed to "Move my number" and try to schedule the port again."

jgbyr wrote: »
    They posted this reply on twitter yesterday

Thank you very much for replying, jgbyr!

I shall try that now and report back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

jrmb wrote: »
    Another day, another morning without a working data connection in Dublin 1. As I said earlier, I had exactly the same problem regularly with Eir.

Also D1. I've been using it all morning on and off, listening to streaming music/podcasts. I'm getting a 4G signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭shmeee

jrmb wrote: »

What APN setting you using?

Others seem to have no issues in same area.

Thank you very much for replying, jgbyr!

I shall try that now and report back

Incase anyone is also in the same boat.

Firefox worked (Chrome & Edge did not)

Went into account details, saw the 085 number there and then clicked "Move My Number" at the bottom of the page like jgbyr suggested.

Port happening tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Port happening tomorrow

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maryown2

Can anyone tested this network abroad?
    When you land in different country, do you need to change APN manually?
    Does mobile data work well abroad?

shmeee wrote: »
    What APN setting you using?

Others seem to have no issues in same area.
    Exactly the same as I did previously with Eir. It works but only sporadically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

maryown2 wrote: »
    Can anyone tested this network abroad?
    When you land in different country, do you need to change APN manually?
    Does mobile data work well abroad?

Parents went to Portugal about 2 weeks ago, said it was working perfectly fine with 0 issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maryown2

Parents went to Portugal about 2 weeks ago, said it was working perfectly fine with 0 issues at all.

Does APN settings message come automatically?
    Is it required to enter new and different APN settings manually in every country abroad?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They were saying yesterday that the confirm button had a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kceire wrote: »
    They were saying yesterday that the confirm button had a bug.

That issue was fixed on Monday. Is it back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They seem to be having problems in Dublin at least. 4G data not working despite having bars. Switch to 3g and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I ordered a sim card from GoMo for my father in law but just realised I did so without registering an account for GoMo. The Sim card arrived today but given I don't have a log in for GoMo how do I port over? Can I just register an account now and port?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You could not have ordered the SIM without registering on their website. Also, you should have received a welcome email from GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭BigProblem

is anyone having an issue with connecting to Gomo internet on their phones today? im in Dublin and have no access to data.

BigProblem wrote: »
    is anyone having an issue with connecting to Gomo internet on their phones today? im in Dublin and have no access to data.
    I just the same problem yesterday but it's fine today. I had the same problem with Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

BigProblem wrote:

No problems with data here in Newport, Co. Tipperary today.

Advertisement