Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kal3

Pighead wrote: »
    I ordered a sim card from GoMo for my father in law but just realised I did so without registering an account for GoMo. The Sim card arrived today but given I don't have a log in for GoMo how do I port over? Can I just register an account now and port?
    You can register after you receive your sim card. You had to give Gomo your email address when ordering sim card so just register using this email address. Also, just make sure that your sim details are showing on your account before you port and that they match details on the card that you received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Anybody using a xiaomi phone?. Unlocked and bought online.

Had some issues originally with vodafone and they sorted it. Having big issues with VF lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭shmeee

orm0nd wrote: »

Had some issues originally with vodafone and they sorted it. Having big issues with VF lately.

What exactly is your question?

- Yes I was until last week, on GoMo network, no issues.

shmeee wrote: »
    What exactly is your question?

- Yes I was until last week, on GoMo network, no issues.

I couldn't receive texts until VF changed some settings at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Kal3 wrote: »
    You can register after you receive your sim card. You had to give Gomo your email address when ordering sim card so just register using this email address. Also, just make sure that your sim details are showing on your account before you port and that they match details on the card that you received.
    Ah good stuff. Thanks. I just registered using that welcome email link now. He is currently with Vodafone on a rolling monthly contract. Is it just a case of going into the Vodafone shop and asking them to unlock his phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭shmeee

orm0nd wrote: »
    I couldn't receive texts until VF changed some settings at their end.

I've had no issues, had an Eir sim and GoMo sim in a Xiaomi Redmi phone. And I know others who have three sims in the same phones and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kal3

Pighead wrote: »
    Ah good stuff. Thanks. I just registered using that welcome email link now. He is currently with Vodafone on a rolling monthly contract. Is it just a case of going into the Vodafone shop and asking them to unlock his phone?
    It mightn't be locked. Depends on whether it was purchased separately or linked to a contract. Give Vodafone a call first, they will be able to tell you.

shmeee wrote: »
    I've had no issues, had an Eir sim and GoMo sim in a Xiaomi Redmi phone. And I know others who have three sims in the same phones and no issues.

Sound thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Invincible

I read on some of these threads the correct prefix to use for phoning Northern Ireland.
    Was it 028 or 048 that was recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

From the price guide...
    and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in
    place of 004428)

So if the NI number is...
    (028) 9024 6609

From ROI dial...
    048 9024 6609

In ROI 028 is a prefix for Skibbereen

Maybe someone can clarify if 048 NI numbers are included in the allowance....if not then it's cheaper to dial 004428 @ 23.37c than to dial 048 @ 30c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dollylama

How are folk finding the call quality on Gomo? I made my first proper long call using their network today and the quality was just brutal.. volume all over the place, breaking up, tinny sounds from the other side and then complete garbage. I was sitting literally beside the mast too!!

I want to say it's a one off but then it seems I'm stuck for perpetuity on their sh1tty edge network so I have my doubts

Edit to say.. I've made calls here and there this past few weeks and they've been grand but this evening was something else

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

dollylama wrote: »
    How are folk finding the call quality on Gomo? I made my first proper long call using their network today and the quality was just brutal.. volume all over the place, breaking up, tinny sounds from the other side and then complete garbage. I was sitting literally beside the mast too!!

I want to say it's a one off but then it seems I'm stuck for perpetuity on their sh1tty edge network so I have my doubts

Edit to say.. I've made calls here and there this past few weeks and they've been grand but this evening was something else

Using it about 4 weeks now. Mixture of mobile network and fixed line calls. No problems of any description so far. Mixture of rural and city locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ten Pin wrote: »
    From the price guide...

So if the NI number is...
    (028) 9024 6609

From ROI dial...
    048 9024 6609

In ROI 028 is a prefix for Skibbereen

Maybe someone can clarify if 048 NI numbers are included in the allowance....if not then it's cheaper to dial 004428 @ 23.37c than to dial 048 @ 30c

I was on chat with Gavin this morning and asked whether calling numbers in Northern Ireland are included in package?

His response, "Northern Ireland is in the UK"

I asked, if the 048 prefix is used, is that included for calling landmines.

Response," Landline numbers are premium"
    You can see our pricing here:
    https://gomo.ie/pricing/

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Invincible wrote: »
    I was on chat with Gavin this morning and asked whether calling numbers in Northern Ireland are included in package?

His response, "Northern Ireland is in the UK"

I asked, if the 048 prefix is used, is that included for calling landmines.

Response," Landline numbers are premium"
    You can see our pricing here:
    https://gomo.ie/pricing/

Gavin is wrong, dialling an 048 number is an Irish landline and is included in your unlimited calls.

On a further note about outside bundle charges, on my last bill I had €3.90 worth of calls to 1890 numbers and I eventually got them to refund those charges to me and their call charges document indicated that these were classed as normal landline numbers. They initially argued that I was wrong, but when I pointed out their prices and terms on their website, they backed down and issued me with a credit.

Incidentally, all 1890, 1850, and 0818 numbers should be included as standard with all networks from 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find it..

I have been with GoMo for the last month-ish and I want to go back to my original service provider. If I just port my number back to my original provider will this end my dealings with GoMo the same as it did when I left my original provider or will I have to contact GoMo and have them cancel on their end too ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Clippett wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find it..

I have been with GoMo for the last month-ish and I want to go back to my original service provider. If I just port my number back to my original provider will this end my dealings with GoMo the same as it did when I left my original provider or will I have to contact GoMo and have them cancel on their end too ?

Thanks

Just post back. This will close your GoMo account.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

Thanks very much

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Incidentally, all 1890, 1850, and 0818 numbers should be included as standard with all networks from 1st December.

Confirmation from GoMo that these numbers are now included in the bundle ... https://twitter.com/leonard76_/status/1200460636867698690?s=19

kceire wrote: »
    They were saying yesterday that the confirm button had a bug.

Here is how to get around the confirm bug ... https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1199982125849686016?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I have tried on Firefox, Chrome & Internet Explorer on my PC, and using Firefox on my phone. Same problem.

This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!
    I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

By click "go back" do GoMo mean the browser back button or a link inside the order that sends you back?

Another trick is apparently it works when using Safari on an iPhone (not desktop).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I switched to GoMo a few weeks ago but it has not been good. I live in a rural area so I didn't expect to mobile data to be great. But it's shockingly bad. Even to load a webpage it might not load at all. Don't even get me started on trying to watch any kind of video. Most of the time there are no bars for coverage and when it shows 3G or E it doesnt work at all. Why is it I could be sitting on the couch not moving and it could show 3G one minute then H or E? What's the E about? Have any providers any similar deals now? Also I have a modem with eir and that works very well when you leave it in one or two locations in the house but GoMo is crap everywhere?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Some people had that problem, but got it sorted by switching to airplane mode and then back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked! :)

THANK YOU!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dollylama

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I switched to GoMo a few weeks ago but it has not been good. I live in a rural area so I didn't expect to mobile data to be great. But it's shockingly bad. Even to load a webpage it might not load at all. Don't even get me started on trying to watch any kind of video. Most of the time there are no bars for coverage and when it shows 3G or E it doesnt work at all. Why is it I could be sitting on the couch not moving and it could show 3G one minute then H or E? What's the E about? Have any providers any similar deals now? Also I have a modem with eir and that works very well when you leave it in one or two locations in the house but GoMo is crap everywhere?

This sums it up for me too in rural areas and even towns, their network is rubbish. Barely able to hold coverage on 2G edge.. which doesn't work anyways, 3G appears once in a blue moon but with no bars and all the while the second Vodafone SIM in my phone has full bars on 4G. They seem to transmit on a much lower power than Vodafone from my experience or else their kit is just crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Gomo have posted this message on twitter :

"Heads up 👀

You have until January 8th to get our incredible €9.99 a month for life offer!⚡️

That's all calls, all texts and all data for just €9.99 a month for life!"

jgbyr wrote: »
    Gomo have posted this message on twitter :

"Heads up 👀

You have until January 8th to get our incredible €9.99 a month for life offer!⚡️

That's all calls, all texts and all data for just €9.99 a month for life!"

Their website now mentions this.

Perhaps this means that they have now hit 100,000 customers and done a time limited extension to the offer.

• Advertisement

I would assume this is just a marketing ploy to put themselves back in the shop window, it has died down a bit of late, not many ads on the telly or radio either, by doing this they are going after the new phones which will be purchased over the Christmas period.

Advertisement