Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Depends what you are doing. One of mine sits with the phone on using youtube as a radio station while doing other things. Drives me crazy him listening to two even three things at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

beauf wrote: »
    Depends what you are doing. One of mine sits with the phone on using youtube as a radio station while doing other things. Drives me crazy him listening to two even three things at once.

Over wifi?

I would have thought you would have to be watching lots of movies or youtube videos outside of a wifi area to clock up 80gb

Depends if they are in parts of the house with bad wifi it drops to mobile data. But the PC or Console might be on ethernet. TBH he does in the car, pretty much everywhere. I think its weird.

Though its one reason I switched to all inclusive on my mobiles, if it Android dropped the wifi it would eat your data. You might start watching on Wifi and it would switch to mobile data without you knowing.

Windows Mobile had a setting to stop this. Android doesn't.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Depends if they are in parts of the house with bad wifi it drops to mobile data. But the PC or Console might be on ethernet. TBH he does in the car, pretty much everywhere. I think its weird.

Though its one reason I switched to all inclusive on my mobiles, if it Android dropped the wifi it would eat your data. You might start watching on Wifi and it would switch to mobile data without you knowing.

If that's your fear, you could switch the mobile data off while you're not using it, so if the wifi dropped the streaming would just stop.

New Home wrote: »
    If that's your fear, you could switch the mobile data off while you're not using it, so if the wifi dropped the streaming would just stop.

I used to do that with a limited plan.

Switching to an unlimited plan stopped that. I don't care if he gets throttled. I never get near that limit personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    I used Twitter to message @GoMoIrelandCare. Just asked for my mobile number and they said they'd escalate it... so we'll see if anything happens..

They fixed this and VM is now working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It looks like they are introducing more and more functions to the web interface.

This just showed up for me: https://my.gomo.ie/account_details/barrings

Allowing me to bar Roaming, full network, premium sms, premium calls and international calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

It looks like they are introducing more and more functions to the web interface.

This just showed up for me: https://my.gomo.ie/account_details/barrings

Allowing me to bar Roaming, full network, premium sms, premium calls and international calls.

They're all greyed out for me on two separate logins. Are you able to select them?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

They're all greyed out for me on two separate logins. Are you able to select them?

Greyed out for me also.

Looks like it went away as quickly as it came.

I was able to click but it did not save it for some reason despite first showing me the correct data I had set and than I also was not able to click anywhere.

So I wrote an e-mail via the contact form and within 5 minutes (I kid you not) I had an e-mail back telling me the changes I wanted were done and they are now visible online.

Looks like right now it's showing only, not editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭pms7

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone actually been throttled at 80GB yet? The family are fairly hammering my wifi hotspot down home over Christmas...
    Yes, had sim in router for few weeks, bit of Netflix and 3 phones, was surprised though, only 3 days between the 80% used and 100% used texts. Dropped it from 5-10 Mb to 0.5, so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

You can switch to airplane mode then enable wifi and that will stop it switching to mobile data when your wifi goes down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But that would also stop any texts or phone calls from coming in, which would not be the case if only the data were to be switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I spent Christmas in my mother's house without WiFi, and over three days I used 8GB. Previously I would have considered myself a much lighter user (something like 6GB per month), so I can see how easily someone might surpass the 80GB limit. I think a lot of users will become complacent, thinking that the limit is impossible to reach.

I'd the 80gb that much lower than other networks or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's the highest fair usage allowance as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jrmb wrote: »
    I spent Christmas in my mother's house without WiFi, and over three days I used 8GB. Previously I would have considered myself a much lighter user (something like 6GB per month), so I can see how easily someone might surpass the 80GB limit. I think a lot of users will become complacent, thinking that the limit is impossible to reach.

You need to speak with people more.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

People just love pushing the limits. If it was 200gb FUP some would still be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Got the sim today. Scheduled port for 5 minutes time. Port complete within 5 more minutes. Very impressed.

However I disabled iMessage and FaceTime, restarted phone and re-enabled but the activation fails. Anyone else see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Follow up: all is working OK now. Not sure what the delay was all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I am moving home soon and this offer seems almost too good to be true. I've also read that they were reported for the number of complaints they had initially. Has this levelled out a bit or are they still getting complaints. How have people here found them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I am moving home soon and this offer seems almost too good to be true. I've also read that they were reported for the number of complaints they had initially. Has this levelled out a bit or are they still getting complaints. How have people here found them?

Every operator gets complains ALL the time - GoMo got a lot in a short space of time because they had massive take up. That said, the figures aren't public. I doubt myself the percentage of complaints they got would have been higher or lower than an operator who had that level of take up. You'll only really hear about the bad side - there are literally tens of thousands of people who've had no issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

kippy wrote: »
    Every operator gets complains ALL the time - GoMo got a lot in a short space of time because they had massive take up. That said, the figures aren't public. I doubt myself the percentage of complaints they got would have been higher or lower than an operator who had that level of take up. You'll only really hear about the bad side - there are literally tens of thousands of people who've had no issues whatsoever.

I had kinda thought that might be the case alright. It's just hard to get a good real world feel for it when not being at home. It's only €10 to sign up so I think I'll give it a try. Thanks

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I had kinda thought that might be the case alright. It's just hard to get a good real world feel for it when not being at home. It's only €10 to sign up so I think I'll give it a try. Thanks

My journey was without problems (with the exception of a longer than advertised time to get the SIM).

The only time I had to contact them I got an answer back very quickly and they did what I asked.

Network coverage is the same as EIR (so i did know what was coming) and data speed (on the changes APN as above mentioned) are good enough for what I do (e-mail, surfing, tidal, work, home monitoring etc.).

I always says try it out and if you like it than port over (don't immediately port) but as you are coming home you won't need to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

do handsets locked to eir need to be unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    do handsets locked to eir need to be unlocked?

No they don't for GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimbob1996

Is anyone having trouble with using Gomo roaming abroad within the EU. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and it says 'Emergency calls only - GoMo'. Works fine in Ireland

Have you tried to manually select a network, or even to turn "aeroplane mode" on and off again?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

jimbob1996 wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble with using Gomo roaming abroad within the EU. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and it says 'Emergency calls only - GoMo'. Works fine in Ireland

I was in Sweden earlier this month with the gf. We are both on Gomo. My phone took over an hour to successfully connect to a local network. It was showing emergency calls only for that hour or so it was trying to connect. Gf's connected straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I found my signal was pretty dismal over the Christmas period,predominantly 2.5G.Anybody else have a similar experience?

Advertisement