Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

You want international calls included for 10 euro per month. Let us know which company you port to that gives this

Sorry I'm got that wrong I was thinking he was calling from Poland and I was asking why they weren't included in roaming

I do know international calls from Ireland are not included on the package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

carolmon wrote:
    Sorry I'm got that wrong I was thinking he was calling from Poland and I was asking why they weren't included in roaming

No apology necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭creedp

Thinking of signing up my 2 teenagers who are U18 from Vodafone to Gomo. However, it appears you need to be over 18 to apply for an account in your own right. What then is the best way to transfer their Vodafone numbers to Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

creedp wrote: »
    Thinking of signing up my 2 teenagers who are U18 from Vodafone to Gomo. However, it appears you need to be over 18 to apply for an account in your own right. What then is the best way to transfer their Vodafone numbers to Gomo?

Set an account up in your name and port the 2 numbers over. Or just lie about the ages on the sign up form.

Set an account up in your name and port the 2 numbers over. Or just lie about the ages on the sign up form.

Not very technology savvy so I am just trying to understand if I can port 2 numbers linked to 2 different names / Vodafone accounts to my Gomo account?

Your 2nd suggestion above might be possible option though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Anyone know how to receive a text notification when someone leaves a voicemail for me?
    Not getting any notification that one was left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

I think someone left a voicemail. How do I set up voicemail??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think someone left a voicemail. How do I set up voicemail??

Dial from your mobile phone

It will guide your through the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

rodge123 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to receive a text notification when someone leaves a voicemail for me?
    Not getting any notification that one was left.

I noticed a significant delay in getting text notifications for voicemail and message minder.

In principle if you active message minder you should get notifications instant.

Looks like a bigger problem than.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Dial from your mobile phone

It will guide your through the setup.

Already done, enabled call catcher which was only option that sounded like it to me.

Still getting nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got second bill today.
    23c charge for calling a UK number. Landline. This normal?
    It’s not the cost obviously but wasn’t sure if they should have been included.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

I am in contract with 3 till next June, could I take out a contract with GoMo, use the new sim card from GoMo for internet and then port my current ph. no. in June ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

kceire wrote: »
    Got second bill today.
    23c charge for calling a UK number. Landline. This normal?
    It’s not the cost obviously but wasn’t sure if they should have been included.

Calling other countries is not included in your bundle.

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

240 Robert wrote: »
    I am in contract with 3 till next June, could I take out a contract with GoMo, use the new sim card from GoMo for internet and then port my current ph. no. in June ?

Yes, but you would be paying the 9.99 per month to GoMo in addition to your three bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamesgil

Good Post!

Anybody else have a view on best approach here? Both kids have Vodafone pre-pay sims registered in their own names. Is it possible for me to port 2 ready to go numbers to a dual sim account in my name?

Is there an issue with registering an account for a person under 18 years of age, i.e. are the dob's used NB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anybody else have a view on best approach here? Both kids have Vodafone pre-pay sims registered in their own names. Is it possible for me to port 2 ready to go numbers to a dual sim account in my name?

Is there an issue with registering an account for a person under 18 years of age, i.e. are the dob's used NB?

One possible problem could be that neither name (kids) matches the account holder (you) but that will only be a problem if they check that detail, it may just be a matter of verifying the number with SMS during porting.

Order the SIMs first and figure out the porting afterwards, porting can be done anytime whereas the SIM has to be ordered by 8th January to get the current 9.99 offer.

Not sure about the age limit, but it's probably just the account holder that needs to be over 18 as anyone under 18 probably can't enter into a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

kceire wrote:
    Got second bill today. 23c charge for calling a UK number. Landline. This normal? It’s not the cost obviously but wasn’t sure if they should have been included.

Calls to UK are international calls & are not included in your free bundle. Neither are international texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Heighway61 wrote:
    If they were any good they would have an input mask or at least some text stating what format they required.

Tap in the date field & when the calendar appears tap on the year 2020. This should should give you a drop down list of years to select from. Then use the left & right arrows to select the required month.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    One possible problem could be that neither name (kids) matches the account holder (you) but that will only be a problem if they check that detail, it may just be a matter of verifying the number with SMS during porting.

Order the SIMs first and figure out the porting afterwards, porting can be done anytime whereas the SIM has to be ordered by 8th January to get the current 9.99 offer.

Not sure about the age limit, but it's probably just the account holder that needs to be over 18 as anyone under 18 probably can't enter into a contract.

Thanks I think I'll order 2 sims on my own account and take it from there. Presumably as the kids are both pre-paid Vodafone sims means its easier for me to port their numbers to my account.

Can anyone advise if the same apply in reverse, i.e. if the Gomo adventure doesn't work out or if one of the kids in the future wants to move to a pre-paid account from another provider it shouldn't be a problem for me to port a number from my Gomo bill account to a prepaid sim from another provider?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks I think I'll order 2 sims on my own account and take it from there. Presumably as the kids are both pre-paid Vodafone sims means its easier for me to port their numbers to my account.

Can anyone advise if the same apply in reverse, i.e. if the Gomo adventure doesn't work out or if one of the kids in the future wants to move to a pre-paid account from another provider it shouldn't be a problem for me to port a number from my Gomo bill account to a prepaid sim from another provider?

You will have absolutely no problem with names not matching porting in either direction. Go ahead and order the SIMs on your own account.

Quackster wrote: »
    You will have absolutely no problem with names not matching porting in either direction. Go ahead and order the SIMs on your own account.

Thanks for info. Have just ordered 2 sims so we'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

took vf 5 weeks to send me the nac code. Wish Comreg would make mobile networks give customers their nac as soon as their contract ends

mine was the same I powered of my phone when i switched it on again it asked for my sim pin when i entered that internet was working

ddub11 wrote: »
    Was the 9.99 taken from your card automatically?do you think in future you will get a monthly bill and you will pay it through your card or will it be deducted from your card(hope that makes sense).

taken automatically from whatever card you registered with them when you ordered your sim. You will get an email notification on the 1st of each month to say your bill is now due and the money will be taken from your registered card on the 8th

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Maybe a silly question--will a GoMo sim work in a Eir phone thats still locked to Eir/ meteor?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question--will a GoMo sim work in a Eir phone thats still locked to Eir/ meteor?
    Thanks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭shmeee

celiam wrote: »
    taken automatically from whatever card you registered with them when you ordered your sim. You will get an email notification on the 1st of each month to say your bill is now due and the money will be taken from your registered card on the 8th

This months payment is taken on the 10th as bill weren't sent out until the 3rd Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bigroad

I find it strange that they sent my an e mail saying they would take payment from my card on the 10/01/20.
    Last month I paid on the 20/12/19 and activated my sim on the 27/12/19.
    So it will cost me 9.99euro for two weeks use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 matt3326

bigroad wrote: »
    I find it strange that they sent my an e mail saying they would take payment from my card on the 10/01/20.
    Last month I paid on the 20/12/19 and activated my sim on the 27/12/19.
    So it will cost me 9.99euro for two weeks use.

They bill on the same date every month to keep it simple. Bill issued 1st, Payment taken 10th. Doesn't matter when you signed up.

The initial €9.99 you were charged when signing up pays for the physical sim card to be manufactured and sent to you not for service. Effectively you get from when your sim arrives until the end of your first calendar month after signing up for free as a result of their billing practice

Advertisement