Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Offer seems to be extended to 15/01/2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sorry for this silly question.
    I'm in a rush and need to start a port over tonight for my mother in law.
    She received the gomo sim this morning.
    She's on Vodafone bill pay and out of contract.

What option do I choose on the keep my number gomo page to port her Vodafone number over?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

iggy wrote:
    What option do I choose on the keep my number gomo page to port her Vodafone number over? Thanks

Postpay single line assuming there's just one number on her account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Does anyone know if WiFi calling works on GoMo? According to the Eir help pages it works on all Eir plans:

https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/eir-WiFi-Calling/

So just wondering if anyone has tried it on GoMo? My home has black spots so this would be a huge benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

fbradyirl wrote:
    Does anyone know if WiFi calling works on GoMo? According to the Eir help pages it works on all Eir plans:

I've never used WiFi calling so haven't tried it but it was stated by some posters in the early stages of the gomo release that it's not supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ei2dj

That €9.99 was your sign up fee which includes your use for the first month

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the correct format is for the Date-of-Birth field on their contact form?

I've tried all the usual formats.

Why can't they have a preset? Amateurs.

Did you get it sorted? If not, then this may be of interest: I received an email from Gomo which had my DOB on it. It was in the format yyyy-mm-dd. Haven't had cause to try it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

.BrianJM wrote: »
    Did you get it sorted? If not, then this may be of interest: I received an email from Gomo which had my DOB on it. It was in the format yyyy-mm-dd. Haven't had cause to try it yet.
    Good man, that's it! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone use a form if ID other than passport or driving licence.

My parents want to sign up but don't have an in-date passport and have never driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Anyone use a form if ID other than passport or driving licence.

My parents want to sign up but don't have an in-date passport and have never driven.
    Use old passport number. My guess is that any number that matches the correct format would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

got my sim in post yesterday and ported over today with no issues. so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

From payg Vodafone to Gomo, i am happy. 9.99 per month without the hassle of topping up each month or worrying about data running out. The only concern is losing my phone and having to order a new sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

Will gomo ever go to 5g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Patchin wrote: »
    Will gomo ever go to 5g
    Someone on another forum picked up 5G in or around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced issues on GOMO with regards www.mygovid.ie , I've been unable to access this site all week as part of its logging in process involves entering a code sent by text upon every log-in. Mygov tell me that they think those messages with the code are being blocked by my provider. I said I'd ask before I tackle the issue with GOMO.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭This is it

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced issues on GOMO with regards www.mygovid.ie , I've been unable to access this site all week as part of its logging in process involves entering a code sent by text upon every log-in. Mygov tell me that they think those messages with the code are being blocked by my provider. I said I'd ask before I tackle the issue with GOMO.

Thanks

Yes, there's a thread around somewhere indicating they are having issues with these texts. If it works it works, if not then GoMo say they don't support it so you're left without I'm afraid. I'll try find the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭This is it

This is it wrote: »
    Yes, there's a thread around somewhere indicating they are having issues with these texts. If it works it works, if not then GoMo say they don't support it so you're left without I'm afraid. I'll try find the thread.

About 3-4 pages before the end of this thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058024355/45

2fa is the service I believe

This is it wrote: »
    About 3-4 pages before the end of this thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058024355/45

2fa is the service I believe

Thanks very much , I tried searching by "mygov" perhaps too specific but seems this is an issue for lots of people :mad:

Thanks ;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I just tried it there now and I got the text no bother

CB4-FBA85-A551-4460-BECD-FC64-B6-B0-FF3-E.png

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I just tried it there now and I got the text no bother

CB4-FBA85-A551-4460-BECD-FC64-B6-B0-FF3-E.png

Which proves it works for some and not for others, I'm in a chat atm:
    This is not an issue with our service its the server the bank is using does not support gomo
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Called complaints and same sh1te, so I said I would be making a complaint to Comreg and asked for a reference number which she eventually provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Hi all,

Thanks

Did you port in your number from another network, or specifically some MVNO like Virgin?

Did you port in your number from another network, or specifically some MVNO like Virgin?

Yeah ported over from Three, think this is where the issues arise ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah ported over from Three, think this is where the issues arise ?

Two of my lads ported over from three and they don’t have this issue either.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Two of my lads ported over from three and they don’t have this issue either.

That rules that theory out, neither chat support or complaint girl were bothered what the real problem is, only that it wasn't theirs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ddub11

Looking for some guidance here,

I bought a sim card and use it on my phone (samsung) iv lalso used it for mobile internet.

So i bought a second to use it for mobile internet but when i insert it in the reuter it asks for the pin which i cant insert (no keypad)

Anyway far as i know i have to turn on or off something on my phone when i insert it in my mobile to set it up which means i only have to insert the pin once and it will work with asking again.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to stop being requested the pin everytime i insert it in the mobile which inturn should allow me to use it in the reuter, than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Install the SIM in a phone & disable the SIM pin from within the phone security settings. Probably titled SIM security lock. Alternatively access the router & set the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ddub11 wrote: »
    Looking for some guidance here,

I bought a sim card and use it on my phone (samsung) iv lalso used it for mobile internet.

So i bought a second to use it for mobile internet but when i insert it in the reuter it asks for the pin which i cant insert (no keypad)

Anyway far as i know i have to turn on or off something on my phone when i insert it in my mobile to set it up which means i only have to insert the pin once and it will work with asking again.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to stop being requested the pin everytime i insert it in the mobile which inturn should allow me to use it in the reuter, than you.
    You can access the router and enter the PIN by following the instructions here:
    https://www.lifewire.com/accessing-your-router-at-home-818205

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Hi all,

Thanks
    I ported this week to Gomo from Virgin and I've had no issues with mygovid and 2fa. Seems the issues are down to how well the port is processed.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I ported this week to Gomo from Virgin and I've had no issues with mygovid and 2fa. Seems the issues are down to how well the port is processed.

Try explaining that to a GOMO customer support person or their complaint department :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Try explaining that to a GOMO customer support person or their complaint department :mad:

Comreg may get them moving

Advertisement