Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Travelling abroad (Georgia and Armenia) and have had "emergency calls only" for the entire trip. No service at all, can't receive verification texts from AIB when topping up my Revolut. Absolute chaos. Signal bars are showing but the Gomo sim will not connect to the local available network even in 2G and manual mode.

Support are useless. Family members with me with the same issue on Gomo also, so it's not a handset issue.

Thankfully I have a backup credit card but still... Jeez. Absolutely rubbish service.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Which proves it works for some and not for others, I'm in a chat atm:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Called complaints and same sh1te, so I said I would be making a complaint to Comreg and asked for a reference number which she eventually provided.

Wasting your time unfortunately. For the people that these texts do not work for, there seems to be no solution except moving network. I posted in another gomo thread warning someone about this who was thinking of moving to them and I got slated “it’s only a tiny tiny minority of people with issues, and Gomo support resolve issues quickly etc”
    Rubbish. They’re absolutely hopeless and it seems an unusually large number of people have issues such as this.

I couldn’t receive texts from mygovid , credit union, bank etc. Its a shambles of a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Has anyone had any issues with roaming? Due to be in Spain and Germany next week and was wondering if I’d have any issues? Will I just connect automatically like before with Eir? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Has anyone had any issues with roaming? Due to be in Spain and Germany next week and was wondering if I’d have any issues? Will I just connect automatically like before with Eir? Thanks

You might need to manually connect to one of the available networks if it doesn't do so automatically.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

PopTarts wrote: »

It worked fine for me in Sweden n December. Took an hour to connect to a local network though. Will be in Germany next week so it'll hopefully work fine there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

are numbers porting ok at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There's no reason why they shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

king2 wrote: »
    are numbers porting ok at the moment?

Once you:
    -Verify the phone number on your GoMo account is the same as the phone number on the SIM you received.
    -Ensure you select the correct network and contract type you are porting from.
    -Arrange the time for the port to be during the normal working day.
    -Ensure the phone you are planning to put the GoMo SIM in isn't network locked or if it is that it's Eir it's locked to. (Not something GoMo can sort if it is a problem)

You should be one of the 98 percent plus (at a guess) who port without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I tried to port last week,24 hrs after port time nothing, spoke to chat on line they told me my port had frozen so cancel port then port again, did this and this time ported with in 20 minutes, so can go wrong but quickly rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rayvron

hi, please help out here! im a old guy whose totally not tech savvy!I got 2 sims for gomo, when applied on the 9th Jan they said 12th was earliest date i could activate. so today when my 3 network disappeared i put in the new gomo sim, ive checked the account and it has my old number which i wanted to keep, but...i cant make or recieve any calls!! am i doing something wrong? so confusing, im expecting hospital texts and worried now, can anyone help please and thankyou!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

rayvron wrote: »
    hi, please help out here! im a old guy whose totally not tech savvy!I got 2 sims for gomo, when applied on the 9th Jan they said 12th was earliest date i could activate. so today when my 3 network disappeared i put in the new gomo sim, ive checked the account and it has my old number which i wanted to keep, but...i cant make or recieve any calls!! am i doing something wrong? so confusing, im expecting hospital texts and worried now, can anyone help please and thankyou!

Did You enter a Sim Code when You switched on Your Phone after installing the new Sim? The Sim Code is a 4 digit number under a scratch panel on the Card the Sim is attached to when You receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

"customer service"

Let this be a lesson to everyone that you may or may not be left stranded with no phone service in select countries which apparently Gomo don't know who they have service "agreements" with.

This has now happened in Georgia, Armenia and probably will also happen to me in Azerbaijan.

Support just don't seem to know much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I actually figured as much. If I travelled even semi frequently I would not use GOMO as my phone provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They're the Ryanair of networks. But I'm happy with that for only 10 euro/month.

I was paying 60 to Vodafone so I expected high quality customer service and network quality. Was it better? Yes. Did I get 6 times better service and quality? No...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Question.... when you port over will all Contacts and Phone Favourites remain as is...??? Or do I need to copy contacts to phone and then reimport to Sim..??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭dubrov

You can save your contacts to your Google account. I think this is the default setup for Google.
    Then just log in on your new phone and all your contacts will appear.

Masala wrote: »
    Question.... when you port over will all Contacts and Phone Favourites remain as is...??? Or do I need to copy contacts to phone and then reimport to Sim..??
    Depends on where you store the contacts. Contacts stored on your sim would be lost if you change sim.

Most people with smartphones have contacts connected to their email account so they aren't lost when you change sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Depends on where you store the contacts. Contacts stored on your sim would be lost if you change sim.

Most people with smartphones have contacts connected to their email account so they aren't lost when you change sim.

Was asking for moving my wife.... who would not be savvy in the ways of Google etc. She just makes calls and sends messages!!! So- how can i ensure all contacts are saved to the phone rather than the sim???

Many thanks

Was asking for moving my wife.... who would not be savvy in the ways of Google etc. She just makes calls and sends messages!!! So- how can i ensure all contacts are saved to the phone rather than the sim???

Many thanks
    Copy them to phone memory before porting. Or pen and paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

When does the billing start - when ordered or when the sim is put into the phone and activated?

Wondering if it would be possible to order now at the €9.99/mth rate and hold the SIM for a few months without activating until another contract is complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭shmeee

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    When does the billing start - when ordered or when the sim is put into the phone and activated?

Wondering if it would be possible to order now at the €9.99/mth rate and hold the SIM for a few months without activating until another contract is complete.

You pay €9.99 the day you order (covers cost of the Sim Card and Postage / admin fees).

And then on the 8th of the following month, €9.99 is charged to your card. This re-occurs then every month. (Was 10th of Dec and Jan on my last 2 bills)

So you will be paying monthly anyway, if you activate the sim or not. The Sim is active technically as comes with a new number until you port over.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Does anyone know if it is possible to block premium calls with GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

xraylady wrote: »

Not yet, but it appears they are adding the functionality to the site (the view wasnt there a few weeks ago) so I would expect this feature to be enabled soon.
    https://my.gomo.ie/account_details/barrings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

xraylady wrote: »

You can contact customer service who will set this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

kippy wrote: »
    Not yet, but it appears they are adding the functionality to the site (the view wasnt there a few weeks ago) so I would expect this feature to be enabled soon.
    https://my.gomo.ie/account_details/barrings

Thanks, I see that.. Will keep an eye over next while.

Many thanks

If it's a smart phone the contacts are probably saved on google or icloud so you don't have to do anything when switching sim or even phone.

If some numbers are missing when you switch sims you can still put the old sim back in even if it's deactivated and search google on how to copy sim contacts from sim to phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JD_85

Bit late to the party here so i apologise for not having time to read through all the pages but seriously considering signing up before the deadline tomorrow. I’ve been with eir for years, no problems network wise. I’m in the outskirts of Dublin City. I use an iPhone, not locked to any network. Currently paying 30 a month on a 30 day rolling contract so this is a no brainer to me, if it’s as simple as it sounds? Order the sim, port my number over, and eir will automatically cancel my contract, I don’t even have to ring them? Has anyone had any problems in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭This is it

JD_85 wrote: »
    Bit late to the party here so i apologise for not having time to read through all the pages but seriously considering signing up before the deadline tomorrow. I’ve been with eir for years, no problems network wise. I’m in the outskirts of Dublin City. I use an iPhone, not locked to any network. Currently paying 30 a month on a 30 day rolling contract so this is a no brainer to me, if it’s as simple as it sounds? Order the sim, port my number over, and eir will automatically cancel my contract, I don’t even have to ring them? Has anyone had any problems in this regard?

Yep, exactly as you have it. There are people having issues though so beware. Porting isn't working 100% of the time and some people have been without any service for days on end. There are issues with 2fa services which are the automated texts you might receive from banks, government departments, Ticketmaster, etc. Some people are having issues with receiving calls from some networks, the port isn't fully completed.

I'm sure most people are happy and had no issues but if you're unlucky it can be a serious pain in getting the issue resolved. Their customer care is awful. But then again, it's one of the reasons it's so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This is it wrote: »
    Their customer care is awful. But then again, it's one of the reasons it's so cheap.

Their live chat never seems to be online when I log into my account either.

• Advertisement

Yeah I feel like I dodged a bullet because everything works for me.
    Texts, Calls, Data for €10! but it could have gone so wrong......

Advertisement