Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭This is it

Their live chat never seems to be online when I log into my account either.

I get them on Facebook chat if I need to. Fire off a message and an hour or two later your phone will ping when they write back. Not ideal but it works

tuxy wrote: »
    Yeah I feel like I dodged a bullet because everything works for me.
    Texts, Calls, Data for €10! but it could have gone so wrong......

Same, no issues on this SIM yet. The second one I got had issues but sorted after 6-8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This is it wrote: »
    I get them on Facebook chat if I need to. Fire off a message and an hour or two later your phone will ping when they write back. Not ideal but it works

I don't have a FB account anymore. I see they are on twitter too. Be handy if they had a Whatsapp number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Be handy if they had a Whatsapp number.

Now you're talking! Would be very handy but I suspect it'll never happen. Virgin media do it and it works very well for most queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The vast majority of those who have moved over have had no issues whatsoever.
    There are a few things you can do/check prior to porting that reduce your chances of having porting issues outlined elsewhere in the thread.

I've ported over from eir, three, Vodafone, Tesco on about 8 different phones/numbers at this stage. Biggest issue on a couple of changeovers was transferring contacts from a really old phone with larger SIM but that's not a GoMo issue as such.
    Service has been great on all devices, decent coverage in rural areas and I'd say a combined monthly saving of 210 euro across the 8 numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kippy wrote: »
    The vast majority of those who have moved over have had no issues whatsoever.
    There are a few things you can do/check prior to porting that reduce your chances of having porting issues outlined elsewhere in the thread.

I've ported over from eir, three, Vodafone, Tesco on about 8 different phones/numbers at this stage. Biggest issue on a couple of changeovers was transferring contacts from a really old phone with larger SIM but that's not a GoMo issue as such.
    Service has been great on all devices, decent coverage in rural areas and I'd say a combined monthly saving of 210 euro across the 8 numbers.

Is there anything that can be done to minimise the chance the of F2A problem arising? That's my main concern when recommending the service to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Hi Folks, I'm away this weekend in France and see that I am allowed 10gb data while roaming.

Probably a stupid question, But is that 10 Gb roaming data per month or per year

Berberis wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I'm away this weekend in France and see that I am allowed 10gb data while roaming.

Probably a stupid question, But is that 10 Gb roaming data per month or per year

Per month, all quotas will be listed at the monthly allowance/ billing period.
    It resets on the 1st of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

it should be per month.

It's actually reasonably generous.

EU regulations is a minimum of 3.6 GB roaming per month when your service costs €9.99

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Is there anything that can be done to minimise the chance the of F2A problem arising? That's my main concern when recommending the service to others.

I've not seen the issue on the 8 numbers I've mentioned and I'm not sure how widespread the issue is. That said, I don't think there is much you can do to minimise issues with 2FA, except to try support if it doesn't work and be ready to port elsewhere if it's a deal-breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

When signing up I had problem as my hotmail email wasn’t getting verification mails. Only found out after ordering my sim. I was asked to use another address which luckily I had. I was afraid then that I would have problem with bank verifications , verified by visa etc but no problems at all. Personal experience porting 4 other numbers from v phone and eir and no problems with any. Few initial problems over first few days after porting - unable to receive calls txts although could make them- but any glitches disappeared after a day. GoMo Chat v satisfactory to at resolving probs like barring premium numbers, removing voicemail ( which auto is applied on porting) All good now. I’m happy with GoMo .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Prob gonna sign up 2 phones with this today. I am with three and currently paying 30e per month for pretty much the same thing, Im out of contract so no issues there.

I use my mobile for work so would you suggest I just buy sims and port number maybe when I receive sim ? Does this delay things much, like is it easier when you give them a date and time when signing up or does it really matter ?

Also, anybody with Three get a similar deal to gomo ? I tried online but they told me to phone 1913, dont really feel the need to haggle (if thats indeed what happens).

Lastly, seems like most people have a decent experience with the network, would that be fair to say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Drumpot wrote: »
    Prob gonna sign up 2 phones with this today. I am with three and currently paying 30e per month for pretty much the same thing, Im out of contract so no issues there.

I use my mobile for work so would you suggest I just buy sims and port number maybe when I receive sim ? Does this delay things much, like is it easier when you give them a date and time when signing up or does it really matter ?

Also, anybody with Three get a similar deal to gomo ? I tried online but they told me to phone 1913, dont really feel the need to haggle (if thats indeed what happens).

Do NOT port over until you receive your sim in the post and double check that they are both working and that they are they have sent you the correct sims (ie the numbers in the sims match the numbers on your gomo account).
    As soon as you get your sim in the post and have confirmed they are correct you can port over the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MayBee

I’m planning on signing up today I’m currently out of contract with eir mobile, do I need to contact eir and give them my 30 days notice before signing up

MayBee wrote: »
    I’m planning on signing up today I’m currently out of contract with eir mobile, do I need to contact eir and give them my 30 days notice before signing up

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭shmeee

MayBee wrote: »

No, once you port, GoMo will inform Eir and you will get a final Bill from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Got my sim today.
    Got the dreaded Edge which I haven't gotten in years with other networks. Is this a bad sign. Or is there a way around this.
    Is this network crap?
    Any advice appreciated

Got my sim today.
    Got the dreaded Edge which I haven't gotten in years with other networks. Is this a bad sign. Or is there a way around this.
    Is this network crap?
    Any advice appreciated

If that's what you've got it's likely to stay that way in that location. It's the same network as Eir, maybe check the coverage maps.

Edge will be a disaster

Might be ok if you use WIFI at home and don't need data. It has switched to edge on me in a few locations but not areas I needed data thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Got my sim today.
    Is this network crap?
    Any advice appreciated

I too get edge when I am in certain parts of the country. I can put up with it for the price I am paying but can see why others would not. Luckily where I live it's always 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Ok I put it in a phone that has the APN settings and it works. So may have been hasty in pronouncing this as the biggest pos ever. It's on 4g 3 bars now. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

For anyone interested, here are gomo speeds in Dublin 24

Gomo speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I see GoMo is now €12.99 for new users :o:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

I get charged for texts to UK mobiles.. I assume this is normal and just not covered in the 9.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

AppleD wrote: »
    I get charged for texts to UK mobiles.. I assume this is normal and just not covered in the 9.99?

Only Irish calls and texts are included. Been answered a million times before and is on their website if you take the time to look.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Only Irish calls and texts are included. Been answered a million times before and is on their website if you take the time to look.

Yes I did look it was the constant message on their website of "All calls and texts" that was confusing. My apologies.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Also their website says: Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the
    Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nick.halligan

I bought a unlocked 4g tp link router and inserted the gomo sim, it worked fine the first time. I then moved it to a different part of the house and since then it will not connect to the internet.
    Sim still works in my phone, and is recognised by the router. I have also tried change DNS along with APN settings and no luck. Any advice or help ?

• Advertisement

I bought a unlocked 4g tp link router and inserted the gomo sim, it worked fine the first time. I then moved it to a different part of the house and since then it will not connect to the internet.
    Sim still works in my phone, and is recognised by the router. I have also tried change DNS along with APN settings and no luck. Any advice or help ?

Move it back... Coverage might not be good enough

Advertisement