Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nick.halligan

I have moved it back. There is 75% signal so its not a coverage problem. It is a problem connecting to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Enter the SIM PIN in the router settings.

APN settings:

APN data.mymeteor.ie or data.myeirmobile.ie
    MCC 272
    MNC 03

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Hi all,
    What's involved in porting ? what do they ask you for other than the number you are intending to move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

They just ask for general personal information. Card details when ordering the sim. Can't remember if they ask which network you are porting from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Hi all,
    What's involved in porting ? what do they ask you for other than the number you are intending to move

Account number and type of account with current provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Ok I put it in a phone that has the APN settings and it works. So may have been hasty in pronouncing this as the biggest pos ever. It's on 4g 3 bars now. Thanks

I normally get 4G when out and about but at home get mainly slow speed 3G and hop between 2G, 3G and 4G.

@take everything I'd like to try your APN settings to see if that helps. Can you post them here please ?

This is what 9pm usually looks like at my house.

I am connected to a mast that has a number of large housing estates near by.

66f9195e7fbcf131fcb47f8627bc196c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

FWIW, I'm using a gomo sim in a usb modem connected to a router, no problems. Entered the SIM code, set the APN to blank, works away

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm using a gomo sim in a usb modem connected to a router, no problems. Entered the SIM code, set the APN to blank, works away

I just put the sim into a Galaxy S7 and it worked within seconds. No settings entered.

Flawless when connected to a mast that is not overly congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Ordered SIM Tuesday. Set port date for a week later. When I got home at 5pm Wednesday the SIM had been delivered that morning. At 17.17 I logged in to my.gomo and changed the port date to Wednesday at 17.27 and at 17.27 it ported.

Had to have a sit down after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

tuxy wrote: »

That's frustrating! I'm at the Red Cow Roundabout, massive housing estates close to me down Monastery road and my speeds would not be as bad but definitely not great either :-( I've a wireless router with a GoMo SIM in it and most of the time 1 or 2 bars is all that appears on it.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know with data roaming if they also alert you to 80% usage of 10mb?

I assume also if it auto connects to a network and you have 4G that you are connected to correct network they partner with?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

AKAIK, they don't, but you can set a data limit on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Account number and type of account with current provider.
    Yesterday 20:08
    Slippin Jimmy They just ask for general personal information. Card details when ordering the sim. Can't remember if they ask which network you are porting from.

Thanks for your replys

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What are you asking exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

Anyone knows if I can see out of bundle charges before the end of month bill?
    I've accidentally rang back a scam number from France (actually was expecting a call from mainland Europe) and now not sure how much will it cost me and rather not wait until end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tandcapply wrote: »
    I've accidentally rang back a scam number from France (actually was expecting a call from mainland Europe) and now not sure how much will it cost me and rather not wait until end of January.

No way

tandcapply wrote: »

How do these scams work? Aren't you just charged at the standard rate of the county you call back. I thought it only worked with countries that have expensive call rates like the Cook Islands?
    France is €0.23 a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

Does anyone get a missed call text notification from gomo? If I'm out of coverage and people ring, the call goes straight through to voicemail and I never get a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

factnee wrote: »
    Does anyone get a missed call text notification from gomo? If I'm out of coverage and people ring, the call goes straight through to voicemail and I never get a text.

I think this feature is network dependant, I had it with Tesco mobile, but not with Gomo. It’s the only thing I dont like about Gomo, but I dont use my phone for work, so I can live with it for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

It’s the same for me and also sometimes if I’m on my phone Just browsing , if someone tries to ring it will go straight to voicemail. The only way I know is if I check voicemails or the person wi ring again and say I was trying to get through to you , it’s really annoying

I get the voicemail icon on my phone. No text.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just in the parents house and checking broadband speeds. They are barely getting 5mbps download speed with Eir via dsl, for some reason they can't connect to a fibre cabinet which is about 100 yards from the house.

And then I looked up my GoMo speed to see if a few Sims would work for them instead.

Getting very decent speeds, medium sized town in Tipperary, over 57mbps download.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just in the parents house and checking broadband speeds. They are barely getting 5mbps download speed with Eir BroadBand via dsl, for some reason they can't connect to a fibre cabinet which is about 100 yards from the house. Pure joke, but anyway.

And then I looked up my GoMo speed to see if a few Sims would work for them instead.

Getting very decent speeds, medium sized town in Tipperary, over 57mbps download.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They text you when you have exceeded 80% of your monthly allowance but do they text you when you hit the 80gb too?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i forgot my PIN...what do i do now? :confused:

i forgot my PIN...what do i do now? :confused:

Log into your account and you should see your PUK code. Should be under account details.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone know with data roaming if they also alert you to 80% usage of 10mb?

I assume also if it auto connects to a network and you have 4G that you are connected to correct network they partner with?

They don’t, but you’ll know as the speeds will slow right down for you.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I always get a missed call text ok, but never get a voicemail text, never got those with Eir either thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They don’t, but you’ll know as the speeds will slow right down for you.

Not sure if they throttle over the roaming cap as they charge for excess over 10GB if the total usage (home & roaming) is less than 80GB

From the price guide...
    Data allowances if available at the time of roaming can be used while roaming in the EEA subject to fair use limits where applicable. EU roaming fair use allowance is calculated in line with Regulation (EU) No 531/2012 (as amended) and Data wholesale roaming price caps. Where there domestic data allowance has not been fully consumed but the fair use allowance has been fully consumed, a surcharge rate of €5.54 per GB/€0.0054 per MB (based on Regulated rate of €4.50 per GB excl. VAT) will apply until the domestic allowance has been fully consumed. Standard domestic rates apply thereafter.

If they make money on the roaming rate they probably won't throttle but maybe someone who has exceeded the roaming cap can confirm.

Advertisement