Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dial ##002#

This will cancel all diverts. Voicemail will still work but only if accessed directly by entering '5' between the prefix and phone number.

087 5 123 4567

171 will probably still work but incoming callers will not be diverted to voicemail.

The short GSM codes are handy when you can remember them.

Voicemail and other call handling can be controlled from your phone, in android it is under settings-call forwarding settings in the Phone app.

As above your voicemail number is always your phone number with 5 added after the prefix.

You can also put any number you want as a divert for incoming calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Quackster wrote: »
    Whomever you were talking to either misunderstood what you were asking or doesn't have a clue.

When you are roaming in another EEA country, calls/texts back to Ireland, to other numbers in the country you are roaming in and to any other EEA country are all covered by your allowance as per the law.

They are consistent I will give them that. Further confirmation from gomo that calls to Ireland when in the EU are not included in the bundle/plan.

gomo_roaming.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Higgsy wrote: »
    They are consistent I will give them that. Further confirmation from gomo that calls to Ireland when in the EU are not included in the bundle/plan.

gomo_roaming.JPG

I think we very much have established that there is a lack of correct info that their customer service is providing. And while it's consistent the same message its just wrong.

The rules are clear and if you get charged (and so far nobody did seem to have been charged) there is a process how to address it. First complain to Meteor and get a complaints number, if they than don't remove the charge than go to comreg, who will clear this up and get you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Back in December with some limited scope as it is for complaints only:

https://www.comreg.ie/publication/comreg-issues-a-direction-to-meteor-mobile-communications-limited-trading-as-gomo-pursuant-to-the-universal-service-regulations

Plus they call it as pay as you go offer which is strange.

Wow miracles do happen, they have immediately implemented the order. Yes, no court fight or delays, Gomo has now a phone number for Complaints (Complaints only):

1800 210 342

https://gomo.ie/code-of-practice/

Again, this for complaints only after an unsatisfactory answer from their customer service, this is NOT a customer service number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How long does it take to port a number ?

I had the sim for a few days and only requested it be ported last night. Put in this morning as it allowed me pick it but nothing has happened. TBH I didnt expect it to work that fast but anybody got any sort of idea how long it might take ?

Now just to clear up, i havent taken my Old provider sim card out since yesterday and am presuming my signal will be lost when its ported ? Like I dont have to turn off and on my phone and change sims ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Usually takes a few hours. In my case I asked to be ported on x date. Put the sim in in the morning and I had service.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

We have jumped through numerous hoops to switch my son over from prepay with Three to GoMo. The problem was getting the phone unlocked. We were bounced from one person to another and finally after days we have a code. But when the phone asked for the unlock code it's looking for 4-8 digits and the code we have is far longer. Before I get on this merry-go-round again has anyone a brilliant idea?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

We have jumped through numerous hoops to switch my son over from prepay with Three to GoMo. The problem was getting the phone unlocked. We were bounced from one person to another and finally after days we have a code. But when the phone asked for the unlock code it's looking for 4-8 digits and the code we have is far longer. Before I get on this merry-go-round again has anyone a brilliant idea?

Thank you.

Are you mixing up phone unlock and sim unlock?

The gomo sims come locked, the 4 digit unlock code is available on the gomo website or on a scratch panel on the large card the sim comes attached to.

Be careful entering phone unlock codes, some will hard lock if enough wrong entries are tried.

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Thank you for your help. We are sorted although my son isn't really sure what he did to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Will a gomo sim work in a eir prepay broadband router without unlocking it like the Huawei B528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Anyone having issues on the Northside of Cork city?

Past two days I have no mobile signal strength on my Motorola G6 - Restarted phone etc. Still same When I returned home late last night all was OK but happened again when I retuned to work this morning no mobile signal so having to rely on Whats app to communicate.

I managed to get a web chat session going and the guy initially said there was an issue with the local mast however after a few minutes he said he had been onto the engineer and that there WAS a problem recently but it was resolved !!

Now I know people are saying it is great for 9.99 or 12.99 but this poor level of coverage etc is poor

So is anyone else in this area experiencing the same issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Does anyone know when the 80g allowance runs from? Start to end of month? Can't see anything on the website, want to lash the allowance near the end

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Does anyone know when the 80g allowance runs from? Start to end of month? Can't see anything on the website, want to lash the allowance near the end

It's the billing period so start to the end of the month from what I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

GOMO acknowledges the problem with verification texts but says it's not their fault.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/gomo-customers-facing-issues-verification-texts-955828

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Can anybody tell me how to turn off sim pin? It’s driving me mad and I can’t find online what to do.

There is no “sim pin” option in settings under “phone” and there is no “cellular” option that I can see in the settings. This seems to be the online suggestions, so anybody know where I can find the turn sim pin off on an I Phone (this this is the X version)

Edit: found it, it’s “mobile data” on this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me how to turn off sim pin? It’s driving me mad and I can’t find online what to do.

There is no “sim pin” option in settings under “phone” and there is no “cellular” option that I can see in the settings. This seems to be the online suggestions, so anybody know where I can find the turn sim pin off on an I Phone (this this is the X version)

Edit: found it, it’s “mobile data” on this side of the pond.
    Good that you found it. It's exact menu location would depend on the phone base operating system and any manufacturer customisations to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Hi, has anyone moved to GoMo from an Eir Sim only plan recently (porting number)? Just wondering what the procedure for this is, do you need to give Eir 30 days notice, then activate the GoMo account on the 30th day (choose the 30th day for number to port over to GoMo)? I see in the OP they state that no notice needs to be given to current network provider, but I was under the impression that Eir require 30 day notice for cancelling a sim only plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hi, has anyone moved to GoMo from an Eir Sim only plan recently (porting number)? Just wondering what the procedure for this is, do you need to give Eir 30 days notice, then activate the GoMo account on the 30th day (choose the 30th day for number to port over to GoMo)? I see in the OP they state that no notice needs to be given to current network provider, but I was under the impression that Eir require 30 day notice for cancelling a sim only plan.

You do not need to contact Eir for a port from a Sim Only Plan.

Just sent up your port date / time and GoMo will inform Eir and Eir will issue you a final bill for the period up until the port, I had no issues. Easy port. Final Eir bill was for €7.02.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

The UK are leaving the EU in a few days. Is it safe to assume that the current EU roaming rules will still apply if go to the UK - at least until December 31st?

The transition period is supposed to end on Dec 31st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Poulgorm wrote: »
    The UK are leaving the EU in a few days. Is it safe to assume that the current EU roaming rules will still apply if go to the UK - at least until December 31st?

The transition period is supposed to end on Dec 31st.

Yes I'm fairly sure it will be the same roaming rules until the end of the year.
    Many providers have already promised to keep the agreement in place after the transition period. GOMO have not made an announcement on it yet as far as I know but if most companies decide to keep the mutual roaming agreement in place it may force all of them to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Is there anyway to download a receipt for the €10 activation fee? I can't see it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I’m not sure about downloading it but you could take a screenshot

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Does EU roaming rollover on the first of each month? I was in Germany last week and hit my 10 GB allowance. I'm currently in France and have no data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does EU roaming rollover on the first of each month? I was in Germany last week and hit my 10 GB allowance. I'm currently in France and have no data.

Allowances should reset on first of next month.

Even if the roaming allowance is exceeded, roaming data should still be available as long as total usage is under 80GB but there is a charge of 5.40 per GB. Maybe it has to be enabled via webchat or portal.

From price guide...
    Data allowances if available at the time of roaming can be used while roaming in the EEA subject to fair use limits where applicable. EU roaming fair use allowance is calculated in line with Regulation (EU) No 531/2012 (as amended) and Data wholesale roaming price caps. Where there domestic data allowance has not been fully consumed but the fair use allowance has been fully consumed, a surcharge rate of €5.54 per GB/€0.0054 per MB (based on Regulated rate of €4.50 per GB excl. VAT) will apply until the domestic allowance has been fully consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

I got two sims, one for me and one for my daughter. Mine works fine. But her phone , a Sony, is not accepting the pin. GOMO says to get it unlocked, but it is with Lyca, same as mine was , no plan. Lyca told me they did not lock phones. when I rang them. I wonder what else might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Garibaldi? wrote:
    I got two sims, one for me and one for my daughter. Mine works fine. But her phone , a Sony, is not accepting the pin. GOMO says to get it unlocked, but it is with Lyca, same as mine was , no plan. Lyca told me they did not lock phones. when I rang them. I wonder what else might be wrong.

Have you tried your SIM in her phone & her SIM in your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Thanks will do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, try using the PUK if the SIM gets blocked. Changing it from one phone to another, for some reason, sent mine to "blocked" state until I used the PUK and changed the PIN. It's a bit weird, but the phone and the SIM are working fine regardless, so I'm not that pushed about getting them to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What exactly is it asking for? SIM PIN or Network Unlock Code?

Ensure that the phone numbers and PINs online match the printed delivery label details.

Also check that the SIM PINs didn't get mixed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Garibaldi? wrote: »

Who was your the phone with before Lyca? It might still be locked to the previous network? Lyca uses the old O2 network (now operated by Three), so if it was locked by O2 , it might have still worked with Lyca. You probably need to go back to Three to get it unlocked...or get it unlocked by an independent phone shop or website.

Advertisement