Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trigger85

What does out of plan mean? I'm looking to work from home but will need to dial into meetings (Irish landline) - will I be charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ecowise

byrnefm wrote: »
    I use www.call13434.ie - they've been around for over a decade and you only get charged by them if the call connects to your destination (note that you do also have the call to Dublin part to an 01 number).

Thanks, they have very good landline rates to Australia. Might there be a problem with the access number being charged for by GoMo as outside the basic package?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Trigger85 wrote: »
    What does out of plan mean? I'm looking to work from home but will need to dial into meetings (Irish landline) - will I be charged?

It means usage that isnt included in the bundle i.e calling abroad or premium rate numbers
    So no you wont be charged for calling any standard Irish numbers (landline or mobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Romero

So still trying to port a three number over to gomo but as it comes up with Tesco as it's an 089 number even though we ported it to Three 10 months ago Three are blaming GoMo.
    But until I get to the bottom of that issue if we use that gomo sim and we finally manage to fix the issue with porting the number can we still use the GoMo sim if we've taken calls or used it for mobile data?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Romero wrote: »
    can we still use the GoMo sim if we've taken calls or used it for mobile data?

Yes, I used mine for a couple of months in a dual sim phone before i ported my vodafone number. Hopefully you get your porting issue sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Romero

derekbro wrote: »
    Yes, I used mine for a couple of months in a dual sim phone before i ported my vodafone number. Hopefully you get your porting issue sorted out.

Anyone got a 2nd level email or contact number for GoMo online chat are no help?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

anyone having issues with calls going straight to messenger, and not receiving sms messages

data working fine.

only happening the last week

call forwarding is turned off

ported over from Vodafone, if that makes any differance, only a customer since janurary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I got my first bill today, I mostly use it in a USB modem.
    In the data usage section, I notice 2 repeated dates, i.e. the same date listed twice with the same amount of data.
    17 Nov 19 23:55 9.61 GB 0.00
    17 Nov 19 23:55 9.61 GB 0.00

27 Nov 19 20:03 2.63 GB 0.00
    27 Nov 19 20:03 2.63 GB 0.00

Anybody else getting this?

Also on page 1 of the bill it says "Find all the details of your usage on my.gomo.ie"
    Where?

Got my 3rd bill recently, there's another duplication on one date

20 Jan 20 23:51 657.42 MB 0.00
    20 Jan 20 23:51 657.42 MB 0.00

Not a big worry though as the total is only 43GB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭creedp

I'm trying to activate a new sim in a HUAWEI phone and I when I enter the initial PIN code i get a screen asking for sim network unlock NCK. What code is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

creedp wrote: »
    I'm trying to activate a new sim in a HUAWEI phone and I when I enter the initial PIN code i get a screen asking for sim network unlock NCK. What code is this?

That means the phone is locked to another network. You will need to get the network unlocking code either from the network it's originally from or online from somewhere like ebay. What model is it and what network was it on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That's the code you get from the network you bought that phone from as your phone is locked to that network and won't work with any other network's SIMs.

Databass wrote: »
    That means the phone is locked to another network. You will need to get the network unlocking code either from the network it's originally from or online from somewhere like ebay. What model is it and what network was it on?

It's a HUAWEI P20 lite and it's on a Vodafone ready to go account. I thought when not on a bill account it wouldn't be locked but obviously not.

If I get it unlocked does that mean the existing vodafone number is lost or has to be ported immediately? Its my sons phone and I wanted to check coverage etc before I ported over the number. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's a HUAWEI P20 lite and it's on a Vodafone ready to go account. I thought when not on a bill account it wouldn't be locked but obviously not.

If I get it unlocked does that mean the existing vodafone number is lost or has to be ported immediately? Its my sons phone and I wanted to check coverage etc before I ported over the number. Thanks

Existing VF number will not be effected by the phone unlocking. You do not need to port straight away.

No, unlocking it doesn't affect your Vodafone account but you'll have to have spent €127 in the last six months on Vodafone credit for them to unlock it. Otherwise you can buy a code online for about €20-25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Might not apply to your phone, but just be careful, i though my sons phone was unlocked but it was locked to vodafone , but it is hardlocked now because i put in to many attempts in with gomo code,can only use with vodafone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Phone unlocking has nothing to do with porting or your phone number. The network will only issue unlock codes if you have met certain conditions, with PAYG it will be a certain amount of credit activated since you got the phone.

Quackster wrote: »
    No, unlocking it doesn't affect your Vodafone account but you'll have to have spent €127 in the last six months on Vodafone credit for them to unlock it. Otherwise you can buy a code online for about €20-25.

That's unreal. So the fact that he is on a €20 ready to go account means that Vodafone would never unlock the phone? Looks like Ebay it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

That's unreal. So the fact that he is on a €20 ready to go account means that Vodafone would never unlock the phone? Looks like Ebay it is

It means he would have had to topped up €20 7 times since he got the upgrade in order for them to unlock it for free. If you know any vodafone business customer they get so many free unlocks each month, they could request it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It’s €127 in the last 12 months

PopTarts wrote: »
    It’s €127 in the last 12 months

Yeah, you're right. Used to be past six months but they've since eased the requirement. It has nothing to do with when you bought the phone you're trying to unlock. In full, it's this:

You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code.

You have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code.

You have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dial ##002#

This will cancel all diverts. Voicemail will still work but only if accessed directly by entering '5' between the prefix and phone number.

087 5 123 4567

171 will probably still work but incoming callers will not be diverted to voicemail.

Does this (##002#) work for all networks, or is it just GoMo?

Databass wrote: »
    It means he would have had to topped up €20 7 times since he got the upgrade in order for them to unlock it for free. If you know any vodafone business customer they get so many free unlocks each month, they could request it for you.

Ok will check this. I think he would have topped up by €20 more than 7 times in the last 12 months

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. Used to be past six months but they've since eased the requirement. It has nothing to do with when you bought the phone you're trying to unlock. In full, it's this:

You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code.

You have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code.

You have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code.

This might be a very naive question but why would you need more than 1 unlock code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This might be a very naive question but why would you need more than 1 unlock code?

Would it be for people who buy a new phone from Vodafone before 12 months have passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does this (##002#) work for all networks, or is it just GoMo?

Should work for all networks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

502686.png

App working good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I can't see this on the play store. Is it available on iOS only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

No just something I’m playing around with making myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TheDriver wrote: »
    How to Opt out of Premium rate SMS
    Customers can now opt of being able to send premium SMS, for example, to the Late Late Show Competition.

Mobile Customers can opt out by following the below steps:

Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

The above bar applies to shortcodes in the ranges 51XXX and 53XXX and applies to messages sent and received.

It can take up to 24 hours for this change to occur

Lyric FM use one of these "premium rate service" numbers, even if it's not actually "premium" (i.e. 51554, IIRC) - they (LFM) say the cost for a text it's a standard message rate.

Would GoMo charge this as an out-of-bundle/premium text, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

From the price guide...
    A charge of at least 9c applies to messages sent to SMS short codes beginning with 51, 53 or 57. Specific pricing varies by short code and will be advertised along with the short code where higher rates apply.

There's another price listed...
    National mobile SMS €0.1500

Charge for those 51xxx SMS is between 9c and 15c and not included in the SMS bundle.

Advertisement