Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Ok I've figured it out. I had "Silence Unknown Callers" turned on in Settings. I always thought that would just silence "Unknown" numbers but apparently it silences all numbers that aren't in your contacts. Strange.

Wouldn't that be the exact definition of an "Unknown" caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

kippy wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be the exact definition of an "Unknown" caller?

No. Sometimes numbers are “private”. I always thought this feature was to filter those specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Are 1850 calls free on GoMo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Is there a maximum amount Gomo charge if one uses services outside the free allowance, i.e. making international calls etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

august12 wrote: »
    Is there a maximum amount Gomo charge if one uses services outside the free allowance, i.e. making international calls etc.

You will be charged for whatever chargeable calls you make, why would there be a maximum amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I believe that there is a max allowance of €30 on data. Not sure about calls or texts.

I believe that there is a max allowance of €30 on data. Not sure about calls or texts.

That’s only when roaming

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That’s only when roaming

Should have added when roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Should have added when roaming.

If you go over your 80Gb they will throttle your data.
    If you complain they will then throttle you :eek:

• Advertisement

lighthouse wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

lighthouse wrote: »

Had to give up on GoMo. The €10 was great value but the coverage for data is diabolical. Waiting for a webpage to load and holding the phone up in the air to try and get a better signal. Don't even talk about trying to watch any kind of a video. I've tried a good few of the providers but they are all the same. Now switched to 3 and not even 1 bar of coverage. This has been the same for the past 10 years. You'd think things would have changed a bit regarding improvement of coverage over the years? I live in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Not so. According to their Help & Support it applies to all out of bundle charges whether roaming or not. See Help & Support - Billing Usage & Payment - Usage & Connection Issues - Why Can't I Make A Chargeable Call.

I’m assuming that the poster was asking about maximum charges of calls which aren’t included in bundle while at home rather than roaming though, which there isn’t to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Aquos76 wrote:
    I’m assuming that the poster was asking about maximum charges of calls which aren’t included in bundle while at home rather than roaming though, which there isn’t to the best of my knowledge.

According to their Help & Support the Eur 30 cap applies to all out of bundle usage whether at home or roaming.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    According to their Help & Support the Eur 30 cap applies to all out of bundle usage whether at home or roaming.
    This is exactly what I'm trying to find out, will check the help and support, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone have a sneaky charge for using the HS APN. Some phones (Android 8+) are capable of network rerouting of tethered data.
    I have this difficulty just now.

My car connects to my phone over bluetooth. When it does so, it does "stuff" over the internet. Traffic alerts, etc. It used up the little balance I had on my Vodafone account, and now my car complains that it can't connect to the internet - it can't use the 30GB monthly allowance I have with Vodafone.

My phone, being Android 10, protects the Vodafone HS APN from deletion/alteration.

I think later today I'll order a Gomo SIM and give it a go.

Just an fyi, a lot of people have complained of poor coverage with GoMo. Vodafone will always have the best coverage. Give GoMo a shot, I haven't looked back since I ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Banzai600

Just an fyi, a lot of people have complained of poor coverage with GoMo. Vodafone will always have the best coverage. Give GoMo a shot, I haven't looked back since I ported over.

i have a work ph on vodafone network, its superb, anywhere in the world ive been, its never let me down.

but yes, for europe / home the gomo is heard to beat. I got in at the start 9.99 per month, im not having issues with coverage.

on thing i am having an issue with is the download / upload of media on messengers like watsap etc, its quite poor ,then its ok. they are checking it out.

ive recommended to a few ppl who kicked virg!n into touch - so thats a win for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Do the sims get delivered by An Post or courier? Mine is headed to my office on Monday and the mailroom is likely to be closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tk123 wrote: »
    Do the sims get delivered by An Post or courier? Mine is headed to my office on Monday and the mailroom is likely to be closed :(

Yeah anpost, they should get a signature but they usually don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Hi quick question for someone who might know a bit more about this than me. I am having to WFH for the next few weeks and trying to set it up so that anyone who rings my work phone at my desk will get diverted to my mobile, I have done this through Cisco Jabber.

However I have been told when people ring my work phone they just get an engaged tone. Is this something to do with my phone settings? I am in Call Forwarding option now on my mobile and nothing really stands out, any help be appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

However I have been told when people ring my work phone they just get an engaged tone. Is this something to do with my phone settings? I am in Call Forwarding option now on my mobile and nothing really stands out, any help be appreciated thanks.

Nothing to do with your mobile settings.

Does your workplace phone system allow forwarding to mobiles as the cost of the call between work phone and mobile is borne by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

It seems they do as other people on my team have it set up.

So assuming that there must be some issues with what I have put in on Cisco Jabber. First time really using it with all that is currently going on I probably need to contact IT at work so, cheers.
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Nothing to do with your mobile settings.

Does your workplace phone system allow forwarding to mobiles as the cost of the call between work phone and mobile is borne by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Any chance GoMo will remove the 80GB cap due to the Coronavirus? I will have to work from home soon and use a GoMo SIM in a wireless router. The cap will be an issue!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

madmoe wrote: »
    Any chance GoMo will remove the 80GB cap due to the Coronavirus? I will have to work from home soon and use a GoMo SIM in a wireless router. The cap will be an issue!

Cheers,
    M

Doubt it. Fixed line ISPs may though. Mobile ISPs probably couldn't handle the load if everyone jumped on it to VPN to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

DopeTech wrote: »
    Doubt it. Fixed line ISPs may though. Mobile ISPs probably couldn't handle the load if everyone jumped on it to VPN to work.

True!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

madmoe wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

Eir have removed the data cap for most Eir business packages.

Other global mobile providers have removed caps too.

There is a limit to how far the mobile providers can go or the networks will get jammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone else on the network having issues with delayed texts and calls not connecting? I was sure it was a handset issue but someone else mentioned same to me today. I contacted CS and they said that the network has been overloaded the past few days and that's the cause.

I wonder are they at max capacity or can bandwidth be freed so to speak to reduce problems

Advertisement