Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone else on the network having issues with delayed texts and calls not connecting? I was sure it was a handset issue but someone else mentioned same to me today. I contacted CS and they said that the network has been overloaded the past few days and that's the cause.

I wonder are they at max capacity or can bandwidth be freed so to speak to reduce problems

Had no service at all for part of the day, then no data. Seems to have went back to normal the last hour or so. I'd say its a capacity issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

No service interruption here. Data, calls and texts have been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blafrentz

Can anyone comment on how reliable Gomo's coverage is recently? Am currently with Vodafone, and noticing I'm getting quite bad reception lately in South Dublin, seriously considering the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

blafrentz wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on how reliable Gomo's coverage is recently? Am currently with Vodafone, and noticing I'm getting quite bad reception lately in South Dublin, seriously considering the switch

Apart from the temporary blip yesterday everything has been perfect.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

[PHP][/PHP]
    DopeTech wrote: »
    Apart from the temporary blip yesterday everything has been perfect.

I don't think it's just a Gomo issue either at the moment. The networks are probably under more pressure than what they would be normally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change to allow me to see who phoned me while I was talking to someone else? I got no call waiting alert, and when I hung up I had one message in my voicemail, but no sign of the missed call. Also, is there a way I can find out what time the voicemail message was left? So far only the date is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

New Home wrote:
    Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change to allow me to see who phoned me while I was talking to someone else? I got no call waiting alert, and when I hung up I had one message in my voicemail, but no sign of the missed call. Also, is there a way I can find out what time the voicemail message was left? So far only the date is mentioned.

I don't do call forwarding so do not know about that.

When or while you listened to the message you should have been given an option to push number 6 & it dials the caller. 7 deletes & there is another to hear call details, date, time and number. I think this is number 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I got no call waiting alert

Is call waiting definitely active?

Dial *#43# to check status

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks, I'll try that. Is there another code to press to be notified of missed calls? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I'm using a sim (actually 2) with a dongle as a temporary wifi solution. It was working a treat. Temporary has become a couple of months (issues with other supplier install due to exchange issues.). I exceeded (or near exceeded 77+ GB) the limit outlined prevoiusly so expected to be throttled which I was. Now, 3rd month in, I'm still getting throttled. I'm looking through the thread here and can't see anything about continued throttling after a billing period ends.

Is this a once bitten twice shy type of deal, that is, once you are throttled, you are throttled goodo for the forseeable?

tl;dr .. once over 80gb limit are you throttled for all future billing periods?

If this is the case I'm out!

• Advertisement

GoMo isn't 80 gigs. It's 60g I think

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    GoMo isn't 80 gigs. It's 60g I think

Thanks for the quick reply. Regardless of the limit, does it carry over indefinitely or is it reset at the end/start of each new billing period?

It's 80GB (unless there was a recent change, it was three that had the 60GB fair use that was never enforced).

The allowance resets every month so throttling should not continue beyond the month that the limit was exceeded.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It's 80GB (unless there was a recent change, it was three that had the 60GB fair use that was never enforced).

The allowance resets every month so throttling should not continue beyond the month that the limit was exceeded.
    sorry my mistake

Yeah I figured it would reset, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Very frustrating. I've sent a few messages to support but they just reply with a bunch of troubleshooting tips like "try another device" which after trying I've said isn't the issue then I get no reply.

I've used 7GB since the start of the month and all 7gb of it were torture to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Yeah I figured it would reset, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Very frustrating. I've sent a few messages to support but they just reply with a bunch of troubleshooting tips like "try another device" which after trying I've said isn't the issue then I get no reply.

I've used 7GB since the start of the month and all 7gb of it were torture to use!
    Do you know anyone else on gomo where you could check service on their phone in your house,

august12 wrote: »
    Do you know anyone else on gomo where you could check service on their phone in your house,

Unfortunately no. It was working absolutely perfectly for the first month from the same household. I'm getting full coverage, connection looks excellent. Calls and texts all fine. It has to be throttling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Unfortunately no. It was working absolutely perfectly for the first month from the same household. I'm getting full coverage, connection looks excellent. Calls and texts all fine. It has to be throttling.
    That is very frustrating, I have it since it first came out and is working flawlessly at home in the middle of the country but loses signal in a city office , but that's more the orientation of the building causing the issue. I have no suggestions other than to do some speed tests and screenshot them onto customer services in the hope they will look into the issue.

Have you checked the APN just to see if it retains the correct address every time a SIM is swapped in the dongle (if that's how your using it).

Have you tried it in other devices to see if problem persists.

Have you checked the APN just to see if it retains the correct address every time a SIM is swapped in the dongle (if that's how your using it).

Have you tried it in other devices to see if problem persists.

Yes. Thats all I get back from support. I've tried both and everything is as it should be in 3 different handsets as well as the dongle itself. S**t data. Twas perfect when I got it first, and really thought I was on to a winner. Even bought a decent sim router.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

I'm using a sim (actually 2) with a dongle as a temporary wifi solution. It was working a treat. Temporary has become a couple of months (issues with other supplier install due to exchange issues.). I exceeded (or near exceeded 77+ GB) the limit outlined prevoiusly so expected to be throttled which I was. Now, 3rd month in, I'm still getting throttled. I'm looking through the thread here and can't see anything about continued throttling after a billing period ends.

Is this a once bitten twice shy type of deal, that is, once you are throttled, you are throttled goodo for the forseeable?

If this is the case I'm out!

Many Android and, I expect, IOS systems have settings to select the preferred network in various combinations of 2G, 3G and 4G networks. Does your setting allow 4G ?

My experiece with the GoMo network and speeds is interesting - During December and January I was limited to 3G at the house (1 - 2Mbps) and I had 4G coverage (~30Mbps) just 100 meters away. For a few days in Feb I had 4G at the house (30Mbps) , then only 3G for a few days and now 4G ever since. I think GoMo/eir switched on and off the 4G capability in my area thereby affecting the speeds. I use Network Cell Info Lite to monitor the mobile base station and can see that I am often switched between about 3 different base stations.

This seems like whats happening although there is no discernible difference between 3G and 4G. I'm in the same room of the house, the same spot on the couch. 2 months ago i was downloading with great speeds! Today, anywhere from 0.5mb-5. Occasionally I'll get 10mb but thats as rare as customer issue resolution it seems.

I've asked support on a number of times to help. They aren't interested at all. They only engaged when I asked to cancel the contract. I was then asked to 'test 3G for a few days'. 3G is just as bad...what is a few days going to prove? "Coverage is out of our control it can vary each day". this was the nail in the coffin. I'm cancelling and my wife the same. 4 sims.

I know it has worked really well when I first got on board, so I wouldn't like to put anyone off and it seems like great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

No issues on GoMo since January except I can't get any texts with verification codes for BOI Mastercard. Sends for BOI Visa Debit no problem, credit union, etc etc. Anyone know why or if there's a quick fix?

Today, anywhere from 0.5mb-5. Occasionally I'll get 10mb but thats as rare as customer issue resolution it seems.

I've asked support on a number of times to help. They aren't interested at all. They only engaged when I asked to cancel the contract. I was then asked to 'test 3G for a few days'. 3G is just as bad...what is a few days going to prove? "Coverage is out of our control it can vary each day". this was the nail in the coffin. I'm cancelling and my wife the same. 4 sims.

I know it has worked really well when I first got on board, so I wouldn't like to put anyone off and it seems like great value.

The word from those who were throttled over 80GB was their speed dropped to 0.25Mbps. Speeds up to 5Mbps indicates congestion which is probably because everyone is at home using the network.

Just be aware that you should port any number you want to keep rather than cancel as you will lose the number by cancelling.

No issues on GoMo since January except I can't get any texts with verification codes for BOI Mastercard. Sends for BOI Visa Debit no problem, credit union, etc etc. Anyone know why or if there's a quick fix?

Get a SIM from three and use it in a spare phone. Anyone who has spent time trying to get gomo to fix the problem have been unsuccessful. Still no fix after getting Comreg involved, so the easiest way is just get another SIM (3 probably best option) and use it just for 2FA SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Get a SIM from three and use it in a spare phone. Anyone who has spent time trying to get gomo to fix the problem have been unsuccessful. Still no fix after getting Comreg involved, so the easiest way is just get another SIM (3 probably best option) and use it just for 2FA SMS.

Yeah the SMSs works for everything except the Mastercard so no need really to do it, just wondering why one card wouldn't work, is it a phone setting I can change?

Yeah the SMSs works for everything except the Mastercard so no need really to do it, just wondering why one card wouldn't work, is it a phone setting I can change?

No, it's up to gomo to fix at their end, assuming that your number is correctly set for Mastercard.

You can ask gomo to fix it but this issue is one that they aren't bothered about.

There's more details about the problem here...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058029113

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I'm using my phone as a hotspot as I wait for broadband to be installed. Vodafone cancelled the engineer this week, so it should be changed to next week.

I'm a bit worried about hitting the usage limit tho as currently using it for WFH plus evenings of netflix/sky go...where/how do I check it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

joe123 wrote: »
    I'm using my phone as a hotspot as I wait for broadband to be installed. Vodafone cancelled the engineer this week, so it should be changed to next week.

I'm a bit worried about hitting the usage limit tho as currently using it for WFH plus evenings of netflix/sky go...where/how do I check it?

Depending on your phone, you can set up a data usage monitor. In android 9/10 go into:

Settings-wireless and networks-data usage.
    Here you need to st up the start date and end date, so start date is 1st of month, end is 30/31st.

You may be in luck, that you haven't used enough data in March, and your new period begins tonight at 00.00. Use this as your new start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

joe123 wrote:

The only way to monitor the data usage is on the data usage function on your phone. It's not possible to check it via the GoMo account. I find that my phone function is fairly accurate when compared with the usage stated on the monthly invoice.

Advertisement