Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone ever go from GoMo to another network before? The Mrs switched from Vodafone to gomo at the time of launch, got her new sim and all grand. She’s sick of signal issues so has switched back to Vodafone (sim only 25-35 a month). She got a text to say it would disconnect for a time for the switchover but after hours of no signal at all there’s not a sign of any Vodafone life coming in it. It’s still the gomo SIM card but it was never implied she’d have to wait for a new Vodafone one to be sent out.

She can't use a gomo SIM to connect to any other network .she would need a Vodafone SIM.

DopeTech wrote: »
    She can't use a gomo SIM to connect to any other network .she would need a Vodafone SIM.

We’ve been coming to that conclusion. There was no mention of that to her at all, though it makes sense. So it’s just no phone for a couple of weeks then?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

GOMO is hard work. Only for this forum we would be beat. Last request for advice. We ported over the GOMO sim yesterday at 11am. GOMO says its takes 24 hours to switch. As of 6pm today it still has not switched. What their normal switching time?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Coolaboy wrote: »
    GOMO is hard work. Only for this forum we would be beat. Last request for advice. We ported over the GOMO sim yesterday at 11am. GOMO says its takes 24 hours to switch. As of 6pm today it still has not switched. What their normal switching time?

Anything from 5 mins to 2 weeks in some cases

We’ve been coming to that conclusion. There was no mention of that to her at all, though it makes sense. So it’s just no phone for a couple of weeks then?

When you requested the port to Vodafone they should have asked for an address. The SIM should be sent out within a few days.

• Advertisement

When you requested the port to Vodafone they should have asked for an address. The SIM should be sent out within a few days.

Yeah it’s a Vodafone issue anyway. She’s just been on chat and they never sent one, told her it will be dispatched in the next few days. I’ll give her a spare sim I have in the meantime. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Does anyone know if a Gomo SIM will also work in a Router in the same way that Three's SIM does?

I would like to be able to use the Gomo Sims data in a Router to watch Netflix on a connected Android TV box.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Does anyone know if a Gomo SIM will also work in a Router in the same way that Three's SIM does?

I would like to be able to use the Gomo Sims data in a Router to watch Netflix on a connected Android TV box.

Yep no issues for me. Just use data.myeirmobile.ie for APN and switch of the PIN on a handset first. If you can stay under 80GB it's a great solution.

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    Yep no issues for me. Just use data.myeirmobile.ie for APN and switch of the PIN on a handset first. If you can stay under 80GB it's a great solution.

Jim

Thanks, can you explain switching off the pin and why is it necessary?

What speed is the data download on Gomo. I've been looking on their site and they say that after 80gb you can still download but the speed is reduced.

I think only 6Mbps is required for Netflix anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What speed is the data download on Gomo. I've been looking on their site and they say that after 80gb you can still download but the speed is reduced.

If the SIM is left on the card you'd need to enter it manually each time the router reboots before it would work or other such awkwardness.
    The speeds after you use your quota would not come close to supporting video streaming unless something has changed in the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

You're confusing throughput with data usage.

kippy wrote: »
    If the SIM is left on the card you'd need to enter it manually each time the router reboots before it would work or other such awkwardness.
    The speeds after you use your quota would not come close to supporting video streaming unless something has changed in the last couple of months.

Thanks for the explanation. Have you any idea how many hours of Netflix you would get for the 80Gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks for the explanation. Have you any idea how many hours of Netflix you would get for the 80Gb?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87
    They say about a gig an hour for SD but that is variable depending on a few factors and would be less on a phone size screen
    Making the assumption that no one else is using the connection and there's no other data streams in play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    I think I know the answer but is all calls to landlines peak or off peak included with gomo?

We have a landline which we use to phone parents etc but if we can do free from mobile could drop the phone package part of it and just keep the broadband.

Cheers
    Mick

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi folks,
    I think I know the answer but is all calls to landlines peak or off peak included with gomo?

We have a landline which we use to phone parents etc but if we can do free from mobile could drop the phone package part of it and just keep the broadband.

Cheers
    Mick

Yes, all Irish landline calls included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

You really shouldn't do a porting unless you have your new SIM in your possession.

kn wrote: »
    You really shouldn't do a porting unless you have your new SIM in your possession.

You’d think Vodafone would know, or at least tell you, that. Then again once you’re paying they most likely don’t care.

You’d think Vodafone would know, or at least tell you, that. Then again once you’re paying they most likely don’t care.

Usually Vodafone don't allow ports to happen unless the sim has been marked as delivered. They get a signature upon delivery. Not this time I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Apologies if this has been asked already.....

If I ring France from Ireland (mobile or landline), is this included in the €12.99 package?

• Advertisement

naraicjul wrote: »

If I ring France from Ireland (mobile or landline), is this included in the €12.99 package?

No unfortunately not.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No unfortunately not.

Full details:

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/Mobile-pt12.2-3-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Wrong answer, Guys!!

On a serious note, thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Has anyone managed ro activate call waiting on Gomo, Tried the normal *43# it says it's active when I check it's status by calling *#43# when it fact it's not?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Wrong answer, Guys!!

On a serious note, thanks for clarifying

It's not the wrong answer, if you call France from Ireland it's an international call and will be charged extra.

New Home wrote: »
    It's not the wrong answer, if you call France from Ireland it's an international call and will be charged extra.

I assume that he meant its the wrong answer for him is all, not that we were wrong, that was the way I interpreted his reply anyway, he was hoping these calls were included is all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Whoosh! :o

Yep, that went over my head altogether, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No unfortunately not.

France is in the EEA and you have 45000 mins free within the EEA before charges apply . What am I missing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Squiggle wrote: »
    France is in the EEA and you have 45000 mins free within the EEA before charges apply . What am I missing? :confused:

When you are in Ireland your minutes are calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, that's it. That does not include you calling EEA numbers. For that you pay.

When you are in the EEA than you also use your inclusive minuntes to call Ireland for free.

This is not a plan that allows you unlimited calls to any EEA country. EEA only is when your are roaming.

Vodafone for example offers a plan that includes Unlimited Calls to Europe and selected countries which costs 35€ sim only. GoMo does not include such calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Squiggle wrote: »

The bit in the Inclusions column that reads: "Unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, ......"

Advertisement