Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

blade1 wrote: »
    Would the SIM work in a Meteor dongle and just use it for a hotspot at home?
    advertsfox wrote: »
    It will indeed, Eir / Meteor / GoMo are all the same.

This isn't the case btw, bought a meteor/unlocked dongle for this purpose and it doesn't work. Probably because gomo is a phone Sim, not a broadband Sim, so it won't work in broadband dongles.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bradlente wrote: »
    This isn't the case btw, bought a meteor/unlocked dongle for this purpose and it doesn't work. Probably because gomo is a phone Sim, not a broadband Sim, so it won't work in broadband dongles.

Did you turn off the sim pin? I have two GoMo sims working in different routers without any issue, one is a a 4G router and the other is a unlocked Vodafone mifi thingy which I use in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

It should work in a broadband dongle if unlocked, but you need to disable the sim pin first by placing it in a mobile phone and disabling the pin number, then back in dongle and should automatically activate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone have problems with sms verifications this week?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Who specifically? I’ve had some from PTSB, 3DPtsb and instagram in the last few days.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Did you turn off the sim pin? I have two GoMo sims working in different routers without any issue, one is a a 4G router and the other is a unlocked Vodafone mifi thingy which I use in the car.

august12 wrote: »
    It should work in a broadband dongle if unlocked, but you need to disable the sim pin first by placing it in a mobile phone and disabling the pin number, then back in dongle and should automatically activate.

I'm asked for the sim pin whenever I plug the dongle in and after inputting it still get no connectivity. I'll pop it in my phone later and try disable it from there though, is there a difference between unlocking it when I plug it in and disabling it on the phone?

I'm asked for the sim pin whenever I plug the dongle in and after inputting it still get no connectivity. I'll pop it in my phone later and try disable it from there though, is there a difference between unlocking it when I plug it in and disabling it on the phone?
    Are you sure the dongle is unlocked, which means it can work with any network sim, If it's locked to a specific network, then disabling the sim pin won't work, go into settings on your mobile and disable the sim pin which basically means, turning off this feature where your mobile will not request the pin number every time you use the phone, then try it in the dongle, if it doesn't work, then possibly locked to a specific network and the only way to verify this, is to find someone with that network sim.

Are you sure the dongle is unlocked, which means it can work with any network sim, If it's locked to a specific network, then disabling the sim pin won't work, go into settings on your mobile and disable the sim pin which basically means, turning off this feature where your mobile will not request the pin number every time you use the phone, then try it in the dongle, if it doesn't work, then possibly locked to a specific network and the only way to verify this, is to find someone with that network sim.

I was told it was unlocked but it's a Meteor dongle anyway. I don't get a message about the dongle being locked at all, just the sim request from Windows, and after that it just says no connection while showing a few bars on screen. The 'broadband to go' software isn't working atall either, thinking it's either incompatible with Windows 10 or 64bit or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I was told it was unlocked but it's a Meteor dongle anyway. I don't get a message about the dongle being locked at all, just the sim request from Windows, and after that it just says no connection while showing a few bars on screen. The 'broadband to go' software isn't working atall either, thinking it's either incompatible with Windows 10 or 64bit or both.

What APN are you using on the dongle?

Can you access the dongle, turn on wifi on your mobile and type 192.168.1.1, this is usually the ip address for a modem, you should be able to check if it's automatically selected the Gomo network, can't remember at present what that is by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The Huawei e180 is a 3g dongle so your speeds won't be great.

Did you try the W10 driver from here?

https://huawei-drivers.ru/huawei-e180-driver-windows-download.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone else gone down to H+ instead of 4g today? I haven't gone over the limit, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

New Home wrote: »
    Anyone else gone down to H+ instead of 4g today? I haven't gone over the limit, btw).0

Yea, we're having a similar issue, North Co. Cork area. Connection has been slower than usual for the past week actually.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been lucky, it's been only today for me. Hopefully it'll go back to normal soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Who specifically? I’ve had some from PTSB, 3DPtsb and instagram in the last few days.

Yes, PTSB, and MyGov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Yes, PTSB, and MyGov

I got some today from MyGov & AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I assume that he meant its the wrong answer for him is all, not that we were wrong, that was the way I interpreted his reply anyway, he was hoping these calls were included is all.

But who expects international calls to be included in a national all calls, texts and 80GB package?

westyIrl wrote: »
    What APN are you using on the dongle?

I don't know or know how to check.

Can you access the dongle, turn on wifi on your mobile and type 192.168.1.1, this is usually the ip address for a modem, you should be able to check if it's automatically selected the Gomo network, can't remember at present what that is by the way.

Besides plugging it into my laptop, putting the sim in, and inputting the unlock code, there's nothing else I can do with it to get more info currently. I did all that and tried the ip address from my mobile with wifi on but just get 'site can not be reached'.

DopeTech wrote: »
    The Huawei e180 is a 3g dongle so your speeds won't be great.

Did you try the W10 driver from here?

https://huawei-drivers.ru/huawei-e180-driver-windows-download.html

I don't mind low speeds, any speed would be something. It's a Huawei e173 but I'll have a look around that site anyways, thanks.

edit-theres no space on the dongle, so not sure how to install a driver on it or what folder to put it in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I don't know or know how to check.

Besides plugging it into my laptop, putting the sim in, and inputting the unlock code, there's nothing else I can do with it to get more info currently. I did all that and tried the ip address from my mobile with wifi on but just get 'site can not be reached'.

I don't mind low speeds, any speed would be something. It's a Huawei e173 but I'll have a look around that site anyways, thanks.

edit-theres no space on the dongle, so not sure how to install a driver on it or what folder to put it in

Try the drivers from here.
    https://huawei-drivers.ru/huawei-e173-driver-windows-download.html

The driver gets install on the laptop, not on the dongle itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Accessing 192.168.1.1 needs to be via a browser on the laptop that the dongle is plugged into...AFAIK the E180 does not have wireless chip so it will only give connection via USB

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Accessing 192.168.1.1 needs to be via a browser on the laptop that the dongle is plugged into...AFAIK the E180 does not have wireless chip so it will only give connection via USB
    I have learned something new today.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Try the drivers from here.
    https://huawei-drivers.ru/huawei-e173-driver-windows-download.html

The driver gets install on the laptop, not on the dongle itself.

Thanks, installed this then got a prompt to enter an APN and its working now, very slow but working nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Can I ask how do you turn on notifications for voicemail with gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Does anyone know what I can do here.

My cousin signed my Granny up to gomo with an email that no one has access to. No one had access to the password eitheir. My Granny has the Sim, but needs to activate the account through email before she can continue using it?

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Does anyone know what I can do here.

My cousin signed my Granny up to gomo with an email that no one has access to. No one had access to the password eitheir. My Granny has the Sim, but needs to activate the account through email before she can continue using it?

Any suggestions?

Contact support.

Would anyone happen to have a customer service number. They only allow you to access contact us if you're signed in, and my grandmother doesn't know her login details so I can't obtain a number.

I have to update her payment method, but I have a feeling it won't be easy to resolve.

Would anyone happen to have a customer service number. They only allow you to access contact us if you're signed in, and my grandmother doesn't know her login details so I can't obtain a number.

I have to update her payment method, but I have a feeling it won't be easy to resolve.
    Is it a Gmail account, can you go to the email providers website and request forgotten password, is it linked to her mobile number.

Is it a Gmail account, can you go to the email providers website and request forgotten password, is it linked to her mobile number.

It's her daughters email, which apparently she doesn't have access to. Its such a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭KildareP

It's her daughters email, which apparently she doesn't have access to. Its such a mess.

They do not have phone support.

Go here:
    https://gomo.ie/help-support/
    and the chat option should pop up along the right.

(Or at least it did for me just now and I wasn't logged in nor did it ask me to log in)

• Advertisement

KildareP wrote: »
    They do not have phone support.

Go here:
    https://gomo.ie/help-support/
    and the chat option should pop up along the right.

(Or at least it did for me just now and I wasn't logged in nor did it ask me to log in)

Awesome. Thank you.

Advertisement