Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Does it take a while to receive gomo emails to gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does it take a while to receive gomo emails to gmail?

No delay with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Got access to the account. Thanks for the help everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Hi, I'm thinking of moving to Gomo from Three.

Do I need to Port my number when ordering the Sim or can I port after the Sim arrives.

Im concerned that if I port when ordering I could get stuck in limbo if there is a delay in porting.

I'm also concerned about their customer service. How good or bad is it?

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd wait to receive the sim before porting. As for customer service, I've heard it's bad, but I've never had to use it. Once you have your phone set up, it should be fairly solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi, I'm thinking of moving to Gomo from Three.

Do I need to Port my number when ordering the Sim or can I port after the Sim arrives.

Im concerned that if I port when ordering I could get stuck in limbo if there is a delay in porting.

Thanks

Wait till you get the SIM..then verify that the SIM you got matches the SIM details in your GoMo account.
    Make sure the GoMo sim works in your phone before porting.
    Make sure you arrange a port for a weekday morning if possible.
    That's about all you can do to ensure a smooth port.

MarkR wrote: »
    I'd wait to receive the sim before porting. As for customer service, I've heard it's bad, but I've never had to use it. Once you have your phone set up, it should be fairly solid.
    kippy wrote: »
    Wait till you get the SIM..then verify that the SIM you got matches the SIM details in your GoMo account.
    Make sure the GoMo sim works in your phone before porting.
    Make sure you arrange a port for a weekday morning if possible.
    That's about all you can do to ensure a smooth port.

Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

MarkR wrote: »

Think ryanair for customer service. When you get the sim, it will be live, already working. Then go to the site and move your number across. There is a chat option which appears on the webpage but it does not appear to be there all the time.

I had starting issues with one of my sims, but now it is fixed, its fine. At 9.99 each, I cannot complain.

Think ryanair for customer service. When you get the sim, it will be live, already working. Then go to the site and move your number across. There is a chat option which appears on the webpage but it does not appear to be there all the time.

I had starting issues with one of my sims, but now it is fixed, its fine. At 9.99 each, I cannot complain.

Thanks, I ordered one earlier so hopefully it will arrive in a couple of days. Can you only contact customer service by online chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Thanks, I ordered one earlier so hopefully it will arrive in a couple of days. Can you only contact customer service by online chat?

Yes. Some people get results on twitter/facebook also.

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I dealt with their customer service a few times and I found them excellent, much better than Vodafone. I know I was probably lucky, but I really couldn't fault them.

New Home wrote: »
    I dealt with their customer service a few times and I found them excellent, much better than Vodafone. I know I was probably lucky, but I really couldn't fault them.

That's good to hear. I never really considered customer service before when choosing Utility companies but I learned to appreciate good customer service when I had a major problem with a previous bill (not from a phone company).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Thanks

I contacted customer service two times on Chat and the service was spot on each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

pg17 wrote: »
    I contacted customer service two times on Chat and the service was spot on each time.

Use chat twice. Excellent.
    Can't understand why people want to get on the phone, chat gives you a time stamped record of what was discussed and agreed.

On the phone you end up waiting and no record.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Because the chat function with Vodafone is the pits, they cut you off mid conversation with no warning and no answer. I haven't found this to be the case with GoMo, though.

paddy19 wrote: »
    Use chat twice. Excellent.
    Can't understand why people want to get on the phone, chat gives you a time stamped record of what was discussed and agreed.

On the phone you end up waiting and no record.
    Chat can be the better option but it depends on the company. Threes's chat is dreadful. You have to fill out a form before commencing which is tedious and unnecessary.
    New Home wrote: »
    Because the chat function with Vodafone is the pits, they cut you off mid conversation with no warning and no answer. I haven't found this to be the case with GoMo, though.
    Vodafone have one good contact option and that is to request a callback. This is always on time and does away with having to wait on a rep. The callback option is buried in the menu though but once you find it its great. The reps from that section know their stuff and have a great manner.

Chat can be the better option but it depends on the company. Threes's chat is dreadful. You have to fill out a form before commencing which is tedious and unnecessary.

Vodafone have one good contact option and that is to request a callback. This is always on time and does away with having to wait on a rep. The callback option is buried in the menu though but once you find it its great. The reps from that section know their stuff and have a great manner.

Vodafone's best kept secret, it would seem. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I still can't get verification on gomo, and now can't get into my paypal account because it requires me to receive a text to reset my passport (no option to reset it by email alone or to be called with the reset code).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I had a voice message left for me but I didn't get notified about it until a week later. Has anyone else experienced a delay like this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

KOR101 wrote: »
    I had a voice message left for me but I didn't get notified about it until a week later. Has anyone else experienced a delay like this?

I don't seem to be getting any notifications for missed calls or voice messages. It looks like my phone settings attached are correct.

I switched to gomo last week and also received a security update (have a Samsung note 9), not sure if it is my phone or a gomo problem.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I don't seem to be getting any notifications for missed calls or voice messages. It looks like my phone settings attached are correct.

I switched to gomo last week and also received a security update (have a Samsung note 9), not sure if it is my phone or a gomo problem.

Anyone else?
    That's nothing to do with gomo

I had something similar happening with my phone, I only found out today that the message app had its own settings - if your phone is anything like mine, you have to open one of the text messages you've received, click on the three dots beside the sender's name, then on details and from there into notifications. Mine was set to "don't wake phone/don't ring/don't vibrate/don't show pop up notification", despite the general phone settings having been set up as "show notifications".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

My contract ran out last month, I had never heard of GoMo until yesterday, there isn't some too-good-to-be-true thing going on here is there? 13 quid for unlimited usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

My contract ran out last month, I had never heard of GoMo until yesterday, there isn't some too-good-to-be-true thing going on here is there? 13 quid for unlimited usage?

No. No catches. It does what it says on the tin and those of us who got in early got it for a tenner a month! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

kn wrote: »
    No. No catches. It does what it says on the tin and those of us who got in early got it for a tenner a month! :)

I'll be signing up so. The savings every month will more than offset the cost of buying a new phone every couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I'll be signing up so. The savings every month will more than offset the cost of buying a new phone every couple of years.

Depending on your requirements.check out 48.ie as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

It's capped at 80gb per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Can anybody be of any help...

I signed up to GoMo, got my SIM card. All set to transfer over today. I was with Vodafone.
    I think I saw somewhere on the GoMo literature that when the current network cuts off, I know i'm transferred over, change the SIM then.

So I changed over the sim, put in the PIN. Now I'm being asked for a SIM network unlock NCK.
    I cannot make or take any calls. I thought this was something GoMo took care of, but obviously not.

I was 2 years on contract with Vodafone, which expired this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

So I changed over the sim, put in the PIN. Now I'm being asked for a SIM network unlock NCK. I cannot make or take any calls. I thought this was something GoMo took care of, but obviously not.

Your phone is locked to the Vodafone network. You should have got the unlock code from Vodafone before porting your number. Contact Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Your phone is locked to the Vodafone network. You should have got the unlock code from Vodafone before porting your number. Contact Vodafone.

Ahhh bollocks. How long does this take do you know. I've no phone basically now:(

Advertisement