Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

How long does this take do you know. I've no phone basically now:(

It could take anything from a few hours to a week...there's a possibility they might not supply it as you're not a Vodafone customer any more but try it anyway.

The other option is to look for an unlock code on eBay...the cost depends on the handset model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It could take anything from a few hours to a week...there's a possibility they might not supply it as you're not a Vodafone customer any more but try it anyway.

The other option is to look for an unlock code on eBay...the cost depends on the handset model.

Found a site that offered it for 12 euro. So tried that, says i'll have code within 24 hours.

The ebay ones I can find are for 40 eur. Hopefully I don't need to buy a second one and this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Found a site that offered it for 12 euro. So tried that, says i'll have code within 24 hours.

The ebay ones I can find are for 40 eur. Hopefully I don't need to buy a second one and this works.

What phone is it?

Huawei P20

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Huawei P20
    Unlock codes for Huawei handsets locked to Irish networks tend to be pretty expensive, €30- €50 range, so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about getting one for €12. Hope you prove be wrong though!

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Unlock codes for Huawei handsets locked to Irish networks tend to be pretty expensive, €30- €50 range, so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about getting one for €12. Hope you prove be wrong though!

Ahh crap. If something seems too good to be true and all that.
    If it works, I'll share the site I got the code from... when... if... I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Ahh crap. If something seems too good to be true and all that.
    If it works, I'll share the site I got the code from... when... if... I get it.
    I wonder is this 12 euro to confirm you can get a code but possibly another 30 to give you the code, do please update us.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

august12 wrote: »
    I wonder is this 12 euro to confirm you can get a code but possibly another 30 to give you the code, do please update us.
    From past experience, they'll charge the upfront fee and then come back saying the code isn't available and refund the charge.

Quackster wrote: »
    From past experience, they'll charge the upfront fee and then come back saying the code isn't available and refund the charge.

Exactly... this is what happened.

Could someone post the screenshot settings for data mobile, I have the gomo sim since last October but having issues for the last month with service dropping and now gone from this morning, I've tried the settings another Gomo user in the house has but access denied is coming up, have been onto Gomo chat and their solution is to put sim in another mobile for 24 hours which I don't have available to me. I've deleted the apn , I've restarted the phone, the only option left is a factory reset I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Could someone post the screenshot settings for data mobile, I have the gomo sim since last October but having issues for the last month with service dropping and now gone from this morning, I've tried the settings another Gomo user in the house has but access denied is coming up, have been onto Gomo chat and their solution is to put sim in another mobile for 24 hours which I don't have available to me. I've deleted the apn , I've restarted the phone, the only option left is a factory reset I think.
    My data dropped for a few minutes this morning, presumed it was a local issue. Came back by itself though.

If it is randomly dropping then maybe double check you have data roaming switched on too.

DATA APN:
    Screenshot-20200707-155334-Settings.jpg

IMS APN:
    Screenshot-20200707-164456-Settings.jpg

MMS APN:
    Screenshot-20200707-164909-Settings.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This morning there was a huge issue with Eir with the mobile data connection and for a while with their phone connection, too. GoMo, obviously, was affected. The internet connection was out for the guts of an hour nationwide. See downdetector.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

GoMo was completely gone for me this morning when I woke up at around 08.30 but came back again! Was there an issue with the Eir network?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, Eir even said something on Twitter about it. Last night it was the home broadband that was acting up in some areas.

I've also got a Gomo sim in a tp link router and that is working as normal, will try the settings as per screenshot above, thanks, Im thinking I've got a phone issue though as signal is constantly dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I've also got a Gomo sim in a tp link router and that is working as normal, will try the settings as per screenshot above, thanks, Im thinking I've got a phone issue though as signal is constantly dropping.

Mobile Data is working on my phone but when I swap the Sim into a Tp Link Router there is no data. I have the Sim lock disabled on the sim card so the Sim should work in the router as well.

The Router gives 3 bars and says Internet is connected but the Android TV box says no internet connection.

Regarding my post above.

I'm with Three atm but my monthly allowance expires in two days. My Three SIM works in my Tp Link Router. I have an Android TV box connected by Ethernet to the Router and I can view YouTube etc on it.

I received a Gomo SIM in the post but I have not ported my Three number yet. I have tried the Gomo sim in my phone and it works.

I also tried it in the Tp Link Router. The bars icon on the the Router gives 3 bars, the WiFi Icon is on and the Internet Icon says there is data.

However when I try to play YouTube on Android Tv I get a "No Ethernet connected" messsage.

Is this because the Gomo sim number is not associated with my Google Account or is it because the Gomo sim will not work in a Router.

I need to know before I port my number.

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Regarding my post above.

I'm with Three atm but my monthly allowance expires in two days. My Three SIM works in my Tp Link Router. I have an Android TV box connected by Ethernet to the Router and I can view YouTube etc on it.

I received a Gomo SIM in the post but I have not ported my Three number yet. I have tried the Gomo sim in my phone and it works.

I also tried it in the Tp Link Router. The bars icon on the the Router gives 3 bars, the WiFi Icon is on and the Internet Icon says there is data.

However when I try to play YouTube on Android Tv I get a "No Ethernet connected" messsage.

Is this because the Gomo sim number is not associated with my Google Account or is it because the Gomo sim will not work in a Router.

Thanks for any help.

Can you connect to the TP Router WiFi on your phone and check if data is working?

paddy19 wrote: »
    Can you connect to the TP Router WiFi on your phone and check if data is working?

No I can't.

Regarding my post above.

Thanks for any help.
    The gomo sim works in a tp router, I presume the router isn't locked to a specific network and I'm also presuming you disabled the sim lock number, have you checked if the internet is working on the router by accessing wifi internet on your mobile, that will tell eliminate the router as the issue.

• Advertisement

The gomo sim works in a tp router, I presume the router isn't locked to a specific network and I'm also presuming you disabled the sim lock number, have you checked if the internet is working on the router by accessing wifi internet on your mobile, that will tell eliminate the router as the issue.

The SIM lock is disabled.
    Gomo sim internet data works on my phone.
    I don't think the router is locked to any network.

When I setup the Android Tv box I had to link it to my phone. That's why I'm thinking the Gomo sim number is the problem.

Could it be that your Android tv needs to be set up to access the GoMo network connection, e.g. it needs a password? A bit like when you give a guest the password to use your wifi.

New Home wrote: »
    Could it be that your Android tv needs to be set up to access the GoMo network connection, e.g. it needs a password? A bit like when you give a guest the password to use your wifi.

I disconnected the ethernet cable and tried to view YouTube on the Android box but I get an error message saying You are connected to a WiFi Network that does not have access to the internet.

The problem is the bars on the router say there is WiFi and internet data.

I disconnected the ethernet cable and tried to view YouTube on the Android box but I get an error message saying You are connected to a WiFi Network that does not have access to the internet.

The problem is the bars on the router say there is WiFi and internet data.

I understand that, but if the data is available but it's password-protected it's like having a safe full of money but no combination to open it.

Can you select any menu on the TV to amend the internet settings on it? Now, I don't know for sure if this is the issue, it's just a partially-educated guess.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Do Gomo charge you for recieving "welcome to x country txt" (sent from them)?. You know the txt you get explaining the charges in another EU country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

No I can't.

Why not?

This will check if the data on the router with the GoMo sim is working.

The android box just adds a layer of confusion.

If you can't get it to work on the phone Wi-Fi then you have a problem with the router setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had no issues with my signal or any data today on gomo, was on it all day....

Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You have to set up APN settings on any router you are putting a SIM into

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Fieldog wrote: »
    I had no issues with my signal or any data today on gomo, was on it all day....

Strange...

RTE reporting it mainly affected Cork

• Advertisement

I'm nowhere near Cork and there was no service here from about 7:45 for about an hour, downdetector.ie showed most of the country as red.

Advertisement