Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Limpy wrote: »
    Do Gomo charge you for recieving "welcome to x country txt" (sent from them)?. You know the txt you get explaining the charges in another EU country.

I don't think they do/can, but ask them via chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

New Home wrote: »
    I understand that, but if the data is available but it's password-protected it's like having a safe full of money but no combination to open it.

Can you select any menu on the TV to amend the internet settings on it? Now, I don't know for sure if this is the issue, it's just a partially-educated guess.

I deleted all saved networks and then setup the Tp Link network again using the Routers SSID and Password but it didn't work.

I turned the router off and unplugged everything and plugged everything back in. The router is not showing a WiFi Icon but is showing an internet icon. I connected an Ethernet cable hoping it would transfer the mobile data but it didn't work

Maybe the fault is Gomo's WiFi network tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you put the sim into a phone and you can get data in there, it's not an issue with the sim/GoMo. Is the router locked to a specific network, by chance?

If you put the sim into a phone and you can get data in there, it's not an issue with the sim/GoMo. Is the router locked to a specific network, by chance?

I don't think so. How do I check that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Log in to the router interface by connecting it to a laptop with Ethernet cable. Open a browser page and enter the router address 192.168.1.1 to access settings.

Check if there's a signal level and IP address.

It should normally work via WiFi from a phone by entering the same address 192.168.1.1 in a phone browser page but if there's no wireless connection it won't connect. Is there a button on router to turn wireless on/off? Wireless connection shouldn't need a data connection from an ISP to connect to the router settings webpage.

• Advertisement

I don't think so. How do I check that?
    You put a sim into an unlocked phone, you turn on the phone, input the pin (if you haven't disabled the pin it would explain why you can't get the router to work), switch on mobile data, open your browser and see if you can get any page to load.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Log in to the router interface by connecting it to a laptop with Ethernet cable. Open a browser page and enter the router address 192.168.1.1 to access settings.

Check if there's a signal level and IP address.

It should normally work via WiFi from a phone by entering the same address 192.168.1.1 in a phone browser page but if there's no wireless connection it won't connect. Is there a button on router to turn wireless on/off? Wireless connection shouldn't need a data connection from an ISP to connect to the router settings webpage.

I followed these steps but couldn't login to the Tp Link Routers homepage.

I reset the Router and then created new passwords and it's working now. I can connect to the routers WiFi using my phone and by the Android Tv box and by Ethernet cable to the Android Tv box as well.

Thanks to everyone for your help with this.

I have ported my number so hopefully that will be active in an hour.

I followed these steps but couldn't login to the Tp Link Routers homepage.
    Try this...
    https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2392/
    I have ported my number so hopefully that will be active in an hour.

IMO porting a number to a SIM used in a router is only useful if the router can make calls via that SIMs number. If you ported from a 3 plan with keep credit then you can't return to that plan in future as it has been discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭opus

GarIT wrote: »
    RTE reporting it mainly affected Cork

I've two SIMs one in a router & one in my phone & both lost data around 8am in Cork yesterday, thankfully came back before 10am as otherwise would have had to head to work. Seems ok since then.

Try this...
    https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2392/

IMO porting a number to a SIM used in a router is only useful if the router can make calls via that SIMs number. If you ported from a 3 plan with keep credit then you can't return to that plan in future as it has been discontinued.

Number ported over successfully.

It's a bit of an inconvenience using the Sim in both the phone and the router but it keeps expenses down. When watching Android Tv I can't make/receive calls but I only watch it at night when I seldom receive calls.

Is there any way I can make calls from a Tp Link D695 Router while watching Android Tv?

• Advertisement

Is there any way I can make calls from a Tp Link D695 Router while watching Android Tv?

Probably not.

Some Huawei routers can make calls via phone port with land line handset using the SIM card number.
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112189207

Probably not.

Some Huawei routers can make calls via phone port with land line handset using the SIM card number.
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112189207

Thanks, my Router has 3 Lan ports + 1 Wan port but no phone port.

I wonder if there is an adapter that I could connect to one of the Lan ports that would give phone port functionality?

I wonder if there is an adapter that I could connect to one of the Lan ports that would give phone port functionality?

Fairly sure that won't work. The router would need to have phone functionality built in which would require a phone port and firmware to support it.

Fairly sure that won't work. The router would need to have phone functionality built in which would require a phone port and firmware to support it.

I didn't think so but was hoping for the best. Thanks for your help getting the WiFi sorted.

If Gomo ever add WiFi Calling it would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I didn't think so but was hoping for the best. Thanks for your help getting the WiFi sorted.

I am using the tp link router for wifi phone calls using a voip phone and goldfish, I am charged a monthly fee for rental, about 3 euro I think and I top up the account to make calls but it's really only used for incoming calls through landline, wanted to hold my old landline phone number.

august12 wrote: »
    I am using the tp link router for wifi phone calls using a voip phone and goldfish, I am charged a monthly fee for rental, about 3 euro I think and I top up the account to make calls but it's really only used for incoming calls through landline, wanted to hold my old landline phone number.

I don't have a landline. Can I use a VoIP phone with goldfish to receive calls to my Gomo sim number.

I make calls using skype (for people who are abroad and have skype, I mean), others use whatsapp, etc.

I make calls using skype (for people who are abroad and have skype, I mean), others use whatsapp, etc.

I'm more concerned about receiving calls. If someone calls me while the Sim is in the Router I'll miss the call.

Ah, of course. In that case, have you thought about using your phone for tethering/as a hotspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ah, of course. In that case, have you thought about using your phone for tethering/as a hotspot?

Using it as a hotspot is by far the easier option.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Using it as a hotspot is by far the easier option.

I did think of that but then I can't setup the Android Tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I did think of that but then I can't setup the Android Tv box.

Why not?

DopeTech wrote: »
    Why not?

If I want to control the Android Box with my phone the Phone has to be connected to the same WiFi network as the Android Box. I don't think this is possible if the phone itself is providing the WiFi.

If anyone knows otherwise let me know

Why not? :confused: Surely if the phone is providing the wifi it's automatically connected to it! Sure, try it, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

how is go mo going for everyone? im with eir, pay 30 euro a month pre pay, i get 15 gigs data, unlimited calls to all mobiles and landlines and unlimited texts.

could I get all that with go mo and how much per month would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

pgj2015 wrote: »
    how is go mo going for everyone? im with eir, pay 30 euro a month pre pay, i get 15 gigs data, unlimited calls to all mobiles and landlines and unlimited texts.

It's been pretty much issue free for me since October when I signed up. You get 80GB data, and unlimited any Irish network calls and sms for €12.99. It just takes it from your debit card once a month. Very easy to set up and port over to.

I don't have a landline. Can I use a VoIP phone with goldfish to receive calls to my Gomo sim number.
    I don't know the answer to that. Maybe a Google search might throw up some options.

Agreed. So far, the best phone provider I've ever dealt with. Hope I won't jinx it, now...

pgj2015 wrote: »

I am with them from the start and all was going really well until a few weeks ago, I have practically no internet and sometimes no service at all, have been on to the chat line on the website and this morning one of their friendly customer service agents disconnected the chat when she couldn't help me, her only solution was to get another phone for 24 hours to see if it was a phone, sim or network issue, I did explain we have two mobiles with Gomo and same issue on both, with that, the call was ended.
    So if you would be happy with that level of service, then change but if what you have is good and consistent, then I wouldn't change unless Eir customer service is as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

august12 wrote: »
    I am with them from the start and all was going really well until a few weeks ago, I have practically no internet and sometimes no service at all, have been on to the chat line on the website and this morning one of their friendly customer service agents disconnected the chat when she couldn't help me, her only solution was to get another phone for 24 hours to see if it was a phone, sim or network issue, I did explain we have two mobiles with Gomo and same issue on both, with that, the call was ended.
    So if you would be happy with that level of service, then change but if what you have is good and consistent, then I wouldn't change unless Eir customer service is as bad.

No I wouldn't as my phone is a business phone so that is why I was reluctant to switch to them when the 9.99 deal came out. I need a provider where there are no performance issues.

Advertisement