Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

DopeTech wrote: »
    It's been pretty much issue free for me since October when I signed up. You get 80GB data, and unlimited any Irish network calls and sms for €12.99. It just takes it from your debit card once a month. Very easy to set up and port over to.

Do you get unlimited calls to landlines as well?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

pgj2015 wrote: »

Website should be able to answer your questions.

https://shop.gomo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

pgj2015 wrote: »

Yes, as mark said all the details are on their website or in post #1 of this thread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can always get the sim card send out to you and try it for a month or two. If you are happy with the service, port your number over to them. If you're not, cancel the new sim, at most you'd have lost a couple of month's charge (€12.99 a month) and you'd still have your old dim with your old provider with the same terms.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One caveat - I stand to be corrected, but I don't think they accept business customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

New Home wrote: »
    One caveat - I stand to be corrected, but I don't think they accept business customers.

I wonder why. I suppose id just not tell them its for a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

That's probably a customer service issue, business customers on other networks would be expecting to get any issues resolved in a timely manner. Gomo customers are pretty much on their own if any problem arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That's probably a customer service issue, business customers on other networks would be expecting to get any issues resolved in a timely manner. Gomo customers are pretty much on their own if any problem arises.

Probably related to billing and customer service as you say.
    That said there have been a good few on this thread with issues who have gotten them sorted with customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can anyone help me here, the first screenshot is a Gomo sim in a TP link router and the current speeds, the second screenshot is a Gomo sim in a mobile, I cannot work out what the issue is with the mobile sim, everything was working fine up to about a month ago then 4g connection was dropping, I've removed the sim, switched phone off and on, deleted the APN settings, I'm not sure what the problem is but if it was a mast issue, would I be correct in thinking both sims would have the same issue, or could the sims be picking up a signal from different masts, any advice please??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

august12 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me here, the first screenshot is a Gomo sim in a TP link router and the current speeds, the second screenshot is a Gomo sim in a mobile, I cannot work out what the issue is with the mobile sim, everything was working fine up to about a month ago then 4g connection was dropping, I've removed the sim, switched phone off and on, deleted the APN settings, I'm not sure what the problem is but if it was a mast issue, would I be correct in thinking both sims would have the same issue, or could the sims be picking up a signal from different masts, any advice please??

Have you tried the Sim that is in the Router in the Phone?
    If it works in the phone it would mean the original phone SIM is damaged.

Otherwise make sure your Mobile Network settings is set to Automatically select Network so that it picks up a 4g signal and not 3g.

Remember to re enter your Apn also.

• Advertisement

Have you tried the Sim that is in the Router in the Phone?
    If it works in the phone it would mean the original phone SIM is damaged.

Otherwise make sure your Mobile Network settings is set to Automaticalkybselect Network so that it picks up a 4g signal and not 3g.
    I haven't tried that, will do, thanks, and I have network set to automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

august12 wrote: »
    I haven't tried that, will do, thanks, and I have network set to automatic.

I'm not the most knowledgeable so hopefully some of the Mods will help you if you can't get it sorted.

Make sure your Apn is correct also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Can anyone view their bill when they login via the website - does nothing when I click on it.

Signed up with them 22/6 and got my first bill 5/7 which was debited today, trying to see what the billing period covers as was not expecting the first bill so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can anyone view their bill when they login via the website - does nothing when I click on it.

Signed up with them 22/6 and got my first bill 5/7 which was debited today, trying to see what the billing period covers as was not expecting the first bill so soon.

They open fine for me. Try a different browser.

DopeTech wrote: »
    They open fine for me. Try a different browser.

Thanks that worked.

Final q, 1890 calls are supposed to be the price of a local call in all bundles regardless of network. For Gomo I think that means free - can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Thanks that worked.

Final q, 1890 calls are supposed to be the price of a local call in all bundles regardless of network. For Gomo I think that means free - can anyone confirm?
    *National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and
    1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in
    place of 004428)

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »

Thanks, saw that but that's for out of bundle charges.

I tbought gomo was unlimited calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What is the process for transferring a number over to GoMo from a bill pay phone (am with Three at the moment). Should I ring Three to cancel the contract or does it get cancelled anyway in transferring the number over? I'm way beyond the 24 months or whatever and bill has always been paid so owe them nothing.

What is the process for transferring a number over to GoMo from a bill pay phone (am with Three at the moment). Should I ring Three to cancel the contract or does it get cancelled anyway in transferring the number over? I'm way beyond the 24 months or whatever and bill has always been paid so owe them nothing.

As you are out of contract you can just tell Gomo to port your number via the website and they'll kill the contract with your existing network.

Make sure you get any unlocking codes before you leave your old network if applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

As you are out of contract you can just tell Gomo to port your number via the website and they'll kill the contract with your existing network.

Make sure you get any unlocking codes before you leave your old network if applicable.

Grand thanks makes life easier. Have asked for the unlock code so will wait until today arrives and then start the transfer. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Thanks, saw that but that's for out of bundle charges.

I tbought gomo was unlimited calls?

Sorry I didn't read through it fully. :o. These charges are if you exceeded your FUP which is impossible with the exception of data. Either way, 1890 numbers are included on all plans since last December courtesy of Comreg.
    Geo-Linking Condition: from 1 December 2019, a call to an 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 NGN will cost no more than the cost of calling a landline number. This means that if landline calls are included in your “bundle of call minutes” then NGN calls will also be “in bundle”. No separate charge will apply for any NGN call (unless you have used up your bundle of call minutes).

https://www.comreg.ie/comreg-introduces-measures-to-address-consumer-confusion-and-high-costs-of-using-non-geographic-numbers

The 048 is the only thing missing but I'm quite sure that falls into the irish landline category also.

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't read through it fully. :o. These charges are if you exceeded your FUP which is impossible with the exception of data. Either way, 1890 numbers are included on all plans since last December courtesy of Comreg.

https://www.comreg.ie/comreg-introduces-measures-to-address-consumer-confusion-and-high-costs-of-using-non-geographic-numbers

The 048 is the only thing missing but I'm quite sure that falls into the irish landline category also.

Jim

Cheers, as I thought. Just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is there an outage? I am in north Cork and have no service since yesterday, the 3 people I know on GoMo have no service either.

Check on downdetector.ie, look for Eir. I'm ok, but I'm nowhere near Cork.

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there an outage? I am in north Cork and have no service since yesterday, the 3 people I know on GoMo have no service either.
    Ive had rubbish service for last month, have been on to chat service a few times and their magic solution to problem, try a different phone for 24 hours even though I have perfect service in other areas, so it's a site specific issue, my last chat agent disconnected our chat, I'm not impressed, tried using the email contact yesterday and that failed, I have now used the messenger service and will await a response to that,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It just came back, that is the first problem I have had with them since launch week so I’m pretty happy overall. I do keep hearing customer service is non existent though.

EGriff wrote: »
    It just came back, that is the first problem I have had with them since launch week so I’m pretty happy overall. I do keep hearing customer service is non existent though.
    Have just had a response through messenger which is the best option if trying to contact them and at least one has a message trail, they don't know what's wrong though which now means I will have to look elsewhere for mobile service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Not sure if GoMo related or phone related but I have a OnePlus5 that upgraded to Android 10 during the week and now I've stopped receiving texts like activation numbers (banking online etc), updates from likes of ParcelMotel. Any ideas on if I need to change settings or what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I’m having trouble with them too. A lot of calls aren’t coming through and seem to be going straight to voicemail. I’m also not getting any notification that a voicemail has been left? Any reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Signed up this day last week having left eir and havent had mobile data since. Webchat reps perfectly nice but they clearly have no idea what the problem is. Looking like will be a very short relationship.

Advertisement