Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Signed up this day last week having left eir and havent had mobile data since. Webchat reps perfectly nice but they clearly have no idea what the problem is. Looking like will be a very short relationship.

Have you checked the APNs are set and correct?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113963443&postcount=1936

Have you data roaming enabled?

Have you a spare phone you could try the SIM in to rule out the phone settings being at fault?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DopeTech wrote: »
    It's been pretty much issue free for me since October when I signed up. You get 80GB data, and unlimited any Irish network calls and sms for €12.99. It just takes it from your debit card once a month. Very easy to set up and port over to.
    You get a warning text at about 64GB.

And ig you go over 80GB you don't get charged more or cut off.

Instead your connection gets throttled back to 200Kb/s so you could still get up to 2GB a day until the next billing period. No worries about being gouged on "out of plan data" charges or having to buy top ups.

If you need 160GB get you a dual SIM phone and set up a second SIM.
    After that all you need to do is swipe down and tap Mobile Data 2. Or ask other members of your household to setup a WiFi hotspot for a while.

It won't suit everyone and having decent mobile phone signal is essential .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Have you checked the APNs are set and correct?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113963443&postcount=1936

Have you data roaming enabled?

Have you a spare phone you could try the SIM in to rule out the phone settings being at fault?

Data enabled. No other phone, and dont think I should have to inconvenience/harrass relatives looking for one. APNs Im struggling with. Have a galaxy android and have went in to settings to try and enter those settings. Ive saved the first set but still no data. If anybody wants to talk me through an even more foolproof process re the APN id be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Settings>Mobile Data>Access Point Names

Then touch '+' to add a new APN

Enter a Name: Gomo (shouldn't matter what this is once it's not blank

Enter APN
    Either...
    data.myeirmobile.ie
    Or...
    data.mymeteor.ie
    ...if one doesn't work try the other.

Check that MCC is 272
    Check that MNC is 03 (zero three not O three)

Save

If still no data, toggle airplane mode.
    If still no data, restart phone.

Are calls and text working?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Signed up to this last week, number transferred over without any hassle. I know EU roaming is included but is post Brexit UK also included?

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »

Enter APN
    Either...
    data.myeirmobile.ie
    Or...
    data.mymeteor.ie

Check that MCC is 272

Save

Calls and texts seem to be grand. Tried all of the above and still no joy with data unfortunately. Thanks for suggestions though, if theres anything I might be doing wrong or any other ideas, Im all ears!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Signed up to this last week, number transferred over without any hassle. I know EU roaming is included but is post Brexit UK also included?

Post Brexit hasn't been confirmed for any network yet I don't think?

Data enabled. No other phone, and dont think I should have to inconvenience/harrass relatives looking for one. APNs Im struggling with. Have a galaxy android and have went in to settings to try and enter those settings. Ive saved the first set but still no data. If anybody wants to talk me through an even more foolproof process re the APN id be very grateful.

Have you a 2nd SIM in the phone by any chance? And have it set to use that SIM by accident?

Have you a laptop with a SIM slot?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Calls and texts seem to be grand. Tried all of the above and still no joy with data unfortunately. Thanks for suggestions though, if theres anything I might be doing wrong or any other ideas, Im all ears!

Stupid question, but you never know: you have enabled mobile data, haven't you? And you haven't set a mobile data usage limit, by any chance? And data saver is off, and do is the wifi connection of the phone?

Have you a 2nd SIM in the phone by any chance? And have it set to use that SIM by accident?

Have you a laptop with a SIM slot?

No laptop. Have a memory card but no 2nd sim.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Stupid question, but you never know: you have enabled mobile data, haven't you? And you haven't set a mobile data usage limit, by any chance? And data saver is off, and do is the wifi connection of the phone?

Yeah, thats all in order.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Post Brexit hasn't been confirmed for any network yet I don't think?

The main UK networks have said no plans, so far.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45064268
    Three has no plans to bring them back in, regardless of how negotiations between the UK and the EU turn out.

Vodafone said it currently had no plans to change its roaming charges.

EE said: "Our customers enjoy inclusive roaming in Europe and we have no plans to change this based on the Brexit outcome."

And O2 said: "We currently have no plans to change our roaming services across Europe, maintaining our 'Roam Like At Home' arrangements."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Ten Pin wrote: »

Enter APN
    Either...
    data.myeirmobile.ie
    Or...
    data.mymeteor.ie

Check that MCC is 272

Save

Is this for iPhone? Can’t see where APN is.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is this for iPhone? Can’t see where APN is.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201699

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads was anyone elses signal down today?

I couldn't call or use data from 9.30am until 4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I didn't experience any issues.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No issues around D15 all afternoon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lads was anyone elses signal down today?

I couldn't call or use data from 9.30am until 4pm today.

Possibly just a tower upgrade in your area. Was it multiple areas for you?

Davy wrote: »
    Possibly just a tower upgrade in your area. Was it multiple areas for you?

No, I contacted them on Chat and they said there were no issues and it might be my phone. They told me to swap the Sim to another pH and check if it works.

I had already done that earlier and it didn't work in either phone or in a Tp Link Router.

When I told them that they reset my connection and told me to turn my ph off for 10mins.

The chat then ended abruptly.

Is there a phone number for GOMO that I could call from someone else's phone if this happens again?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had no problems, but it looks like you aren't alone: https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is there a phone number for GOMO that I could call from someone else's phone if this happens again?

You can only contact them by chat. No phone number available.

You can only contact them by chat. No phone number available.

If Mobile data is down your left hanging. 7hrs without Internet today felt like an eternity. I suppose it's a first world problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi al. Gonna port over my wife phone on Monday. Do I need to worry about Contacts not coming over??

Will all her WhasApp messages still be there?.. and her Photos... I be killed if they are lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Masala wrote: »
    Hi al. Gonna port over my wife phone on Monday. Do I need to worry about Contacts not coming over??

Will all her WhasApp messages still be there?.. and her Photos... I be killed if they are lost.
    Your life is safe....

The only contacts you need to worry about are ones stored on the SIM.

Most folk now use an app on the phone to store contacts.

Everything else will stay on the phone and is not effected by changing the sim to GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Might be to do with settings but does anyone know why I don’t get notifications when a voicemail is left? I have it set up but I have to go into voicemail myself to see if there is any there. Have missed quite a few recently.

Using an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

PopTarts wrote: »
    Might be to do with settings but does anyone know why I don’t get notifications when a voicemail is left? I have it set up but I have to go into voicemail myself to see if there is any there. Have missed quite a few recently.

Using an iPhone

This isnt a feature with Gomo. The network doesnt send a notification for voicemails.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭micks_address

any issues with GoMo this mornin? I have zero service on the house this morning. (north county dublin) I've rebooted etc and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

any issues with GoMo this mornin? I have zero service on the house this morning. (north county dublin) I've rebooted etc and still nothing
    No issues here either at home (North Kildare) or work (Castleknock) or anywhere along the way in.

Unrelated to your issue, but has anyone noticed data speeds have been on a severe downward trend over the last few months?
    4G is generally usable but with speeds often well below 10Mbps (could easily sustain 40Mb+ about two years ago with an Eir* SIM). Only ever see proper 4G speeds in the relatively sparse locations Eir have deployed 4G+.

I'm also seeing more and more 3G and Edge, instead of 4G, both of which have become increasingly unusable for anything other than browsing text-only webpages. Even e-mail with any sort of image struggles. Used not to be the case previously, I remember Edge used to be able to stream most radio stations online without interruption!

*It's not GoMo being throttled as I've tested an Eir billpay SIM in a different handset alongside my own GoMo and the speedtests were identically poor on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

KildareP wrote: »
    No issues here either at home (North Kildare) or work (Castleknock) or anywhere along the way in.

Unrelated to your issue, but has anyone noticed data speeds have been on a severe downward trend over the last few months?
    4G is generally usable but with speeds often well below 10Mbps (could easily sustain 40Mb+ about two years ago with an Eir* SIM). Only ever see proper 4G speeds in the relatively sparse locations Eir have deployed 4G+.

I'm also seeing more and more 3G and Edge, instead of 4G, both of which have become increasingly unusable for anything other than browsing text-only webpages. Even e-mail with any sort of image struggles. Used not to be the case previously, I remember Edge used to be able to stream most radio stations online without interruption!

*It's not GoMo being throttled as I've tested an Eir billpay SIM in a different handset alongside my own GoMo and the speedtests were identically poor on both.
    I have to say I've not noticed a deterioration in service in the areas I am in but it could be possible that certain masts/areas are getting oversubscribed relative to a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭micks_address

KildareP wrote: »

Ive noticed it poor in the car for streaming. With three i could generally stream on spotify to android auto anywhere around dublin or built up areas. With GoMo i've to download in advance in wifi if i want to listen in the car. The price is great but im tempted to look at the virgin offers as they use three and ive had better experiences with them before.

Advertisement