Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ive noticed it poor in the car for streaming. With three i could generally stream on spotify to android auto anywhere around dublin or built up areas. With GoMo i've to download in advance in wifi if i want to listen in the car. The price is great but im tempted to look at the virgin offers as they use three and ive had better experiences with them before.

ok so am on with GoMo chat and they say there is an outage in the area that they trying to fix. A little strange as my wifes iphone is fine on same network.

They say her phone could be connected to a different mast.

Ah well will just have to wait and see.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

Have a gomo sim in a router but cant get the app to work as I presume it has to be on the 3 network so I can keep and eye on the data currently at 110 gb and it's still going strong is there any way around d this??

Also if I order another sim on the 1 account do I get that data allowance or do I get billed for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

twomonkeys wrote: »
    This isnt a feature with Gomo. The network doesnt send a notification for voicemails.

I get voicemail notifications on my phone using GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

wiz569 wrote: »

So do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭opus

wiz569 wrote: »

Same a little icon on top of the screen if there's a voice mail waiting. Goes away once I listen to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

GoMo used to send a text message when a voicemail is received, that seems to be gone.

Instead now they send a carrier signal to my cell phone to make it display the voice mail notification on my android device. Once I check the voicemail the notification icon goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Do GoMo offer or have any plans for a web text service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

longcock wrote: »
    Do GoMo offer or have any plans for a web text service

No and no. Gomo is marketed towards a younger customer base. They are all using apps to send messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

My wife lost her phone and the best response I can get is they will respond within 24 hours. Some cowboy could be ringing Nigeria for that length of time. Anybody any ideas how to cancel the sim

Marhay70 wrote: »
    My wife lost her phone and the best response I can get is they will respond within 24 hours. Some cowboy could be ringing Nigeria for that length of time. Anybody any ideas how to cancel the sim

Under account details in the online area you can request a replacement SIM and also block your current one.

• Advertisement

Under account details in the online area you can request a replacement SIM and also block your current one.

Do you mean in My Gomo in her account

Do you mean in My Gomo in her account

Yes

Yes

I'll look for that, thanks.

Yes

Did that, thanks. Will she get to keep her number, do you know?

Did that, thanks. Will she get to keep her number, do you know?

She should keep her number.

Also wipe the phone via apple or Google if you not already have done so.

So was mugged last week. Ordered sim card on 23rd July. Still no sign of it. Says ordered sim card completed on the gomo app (3 working days). Should I order it again or are they just really slow at sending sim cards out?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Does gomo support wifi calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

Does gomo support wifi calling?

No

KildareP wrote: »
    No

Are you sure about that? They might not officially but I personally have gotten calls without having a mobile network connection.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Are you sure about that? They might not officially but I personally have gotten calls without having a mobile network connection.

Well, I can’t enable the feature on an iPhone

BE2594-EC-5-A54-4726-A733-D2-C3-D7-B58-D54.png

• Advertisement

It's enabled on my android device.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not enabled on my Android device.

Perhaps it only works on some Android devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

If it was active it would have a VoWiFi symbol in your notification bar (I can rnable VoLTE on an iPhone on GoMo but it doesn't make it active).

Plus with Android you often need the carrier's custom firmware on your handset for it to work, which isn't possible since GoMo don't sell phones.

I had it enabled on an android phone before on another network with no notification bar icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

twomonkeys wrote: »
    This isnt a feature with Gomo. The network doesnt send a notification for voicemails.

Yes it does

For me everytime

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Yes it does

For me everytime

They used to send a text message.

Instead on my android phone now I have a voice mail icon in my top bar with a notification.

Unfortunately no visual voicemail yet in the phone diaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

This is exactly my experience

KildareP wrote: »
    No issues here either at home (North Kildare) or work (Castleknock) or anywhere along the way in.

Unrelated to your issue, but has anyone noticed data speeds have been on a severe downward trend over the last few months?
    4G is generally usable but with speeds often well below 10Mbps (could easily sustain 40Mb+ about two years ago with an Eir* SIM). Only ever see proper 4G speeds in the relatively sparse locations Eir have deployed 4G+.

I'm also seeing more and more 3G and Edge, instead of 4G, both of which have become increasingly unusable for anything other than browsing text-only webpages. Even e-mail with any sort of image struggles. Used not to be the case previously, I remember Edge used to be able to stream most radio stations online without interruption!

*It's not GoMo being throttled as I've tested an Eir billpay SIM in a different handset alongside my own GoMo and the speedtests were identically poor on both.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is the first day since I joined that the speed has gone to H+, it's been consistently 4G aside from a time when Eir had a network fault.
    Edit: It seems they are having some issues all right.

https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone had experience with email verification problems? trying to log in but everytime getting a verify your email message - when the email verification message arrives the link is only generic - https://my.gomo.ie/email_verification which brings me back to the same thing over and over again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Having a couple of minor issues in relation to calls. Having trouble calling other gomo users although they seem to be able to call me while having calling issues of their own. Strange.

Advertisement