Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

New Home wrote: »
    Like I say to everyone, try it for a month or two without porting. If you're happy, port your number; if not, cancel it and you'd still have your old number. That said, 48 are doing a similar offer with 100GB data for €7.99, at the moment.

That's a fairly amazing price.

Take it you can keep same number etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

madmoe wrote: »
    How does one get that deal...curious ;-)

It's over on the Bargain Alerts forum. On mobile so can't link.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Ported from gomo to 48. Saving €2 per month and data speed is honestly 4-5 times what I was getting in Dublin 18 with gomo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know, I've only seen the ads on the telly. Maybe check their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Ported from gomo to 48. Saving €2 per month and data speed is honestly 4-5 times what I was getting in Dublin 18 with gomo.

Is it direct debit or how does 48 work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Summer2020 wrote: »

48 is getting more and more tempting! I am in Clondalkin, beside the Ibis hotel\N7 junction and the speeds have gone to pot here at home the past few weeks on GoMo! Both on my phone and when connected to my Huawei router with a second GoMo SIM in it! :mad::mad::mad:

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

48 is getting more and more tempting! I am in Clondalkin, beside the Ibis hotel\N7 junction and the speeds have gone to pot here at home the past few weeks on GoMo! Both on my phone and when connected to my Huawei router with a second GoMo SIM in it! :mad::mad::mad:

Cheers,
    M

Coincidentally I've the exact same setup as that. See my post here for a bit of testing with both a GoMo & 48 SIM in my phone last night & this morning in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

opus wrote: »
    Coincidentally I've the exact same setup as that. See my post here for a bit of testing with both a GoMo & 48 SIM in my phone last night & this morning in Cork.

I am running gomo and 48 at the same time in a dual sim phone. My experience is Gomo has much better speeds for data. I'm getting >20 meg DL with gomo and between 2 and 4 meg with 48.

I have virgin wifi at home so I really only need data while out and about. Depending on your individual circumstances and usage, it appears 48 is not good enough for a home router, use Gomo At least in Dublin 24 area. But if you have wifi at home and the sim is just for moving around, 48 should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

opus wrote: »

Great and thanks a million ;-)

Cheers,
    M

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

How long does it take to port to Gomo?
    Initiated my port from Vodafone Wednesday at 2pm, still nothing. Contacted them today and said come back to them if nothing by 21st, which will be 5 days. Not off to a great start.

Have ported a few times over the years and I don't think I ever waited more than an hour or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Big thread in bargain alerts here : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058109572/62/#post114657484

You can also use a referral link from this thread and get a free months membership after you buy your first.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1/#post114638656

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone having issues accessing voice mail today?

It just disconnects after a while instead of going through.

Yes. I couldn't hear the prompts at all on Friday, I just pressed # a couple of times and eventually I was able to hear the recording that said "This is not a valid option" and then the prompts were listed again. This was through 171, though, not through 085 5 xxxxxxx.

Has anyone tried to port in a second number to replace their own one they had already ported in? It looks to be possible via the website but just curious if anyone has done this.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to port in a second number to replace their own one they had already ported in? It looks to be possible via the website but just curious if anyone has done this.

To answer my own question, I confirmed with Gomo, you can port in a 2nd number to replace your already ported in number. Might be useful to somebody.

Gomo probably has the worst customer service I have ever come across and that's saying something.

Joined recently, my number is porting from VF since last Wednesday.

Got onto their terrible chat service several times. Was told it could take another week. I said I wanted to cancel and they disconnected the chat, this happened 3 times and only once I said I wanted to cancel, very convenient. Can't cancel port as they say I will lose my VF number which I've had for about 15 years.

Awful manner on chat, spelling mistakes, no grammar, so unprofessional.

As soon as my port completes (if ever) I'm leaving.

If this is the hassle you get trying to join imagine what it'd be like later if you have a problem.

Absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Gomo probably has the worst customer service I have ever come across and that's saying something.

Joined recently, my number is porting from VF since last Wednesday.

Got onto their terrible chat service several times. Was told it could take another week. I said I wanted to cancel and they disconnected the chat, this happened 3 times and only once I said I wanted to cancel, very convenient. Can't cancel port as they say I will lose my VF number which I've had for about 15 years.

Awful manner on chat, spelling mistakes, no grammar, so unprofessional.

As soon as my port completes (if ever) I'm leaving.

If this is the hassle you get trying to join imagine what it'd be like later if you have a problem.

Absolutely atrocious.
    Their chat service is.horrendous, same with me, they disconnected the chat, they are beyond useless but I contacted them through Facebook messenger and had a much more pleasant experience. So maybe try that option.

august12 wrote: »
    Their chat service is.horrendous, same with me, they disconnected the chat, they are beyond useless but I contacted them through Facebook messenger and had a much more pleasant experience. So maybe try that option.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Oh horrendous doesn't even cover it, it's like chatting with a moody teenager!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

It's probably already been asked, but if my phone is locked to eir, will it still accept a GoMo sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

It's probably already been asked, but if my phone is locked to eir, will it still accept a GoMo sim?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Would anyone know how long it takes to recieve sims once order says completed ?
    Account says completed 3 days ago and numbers from sims etc online but no sign of any sim cards in the post .

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

antocann wrote: »
    Would anyone know how long it takes to recieve sims once order says completed ?
    Account says completed 3 days ago and numbers from sims etc online but no sign of any sim cards in the post .

Ordered two sims seperately and I think it was 3-4 days each time. Not fast, not slow. That was at at time when they were hitting the promotions hard so I don't see why you'd have an issue unless of a cock up.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

I was impressed by the GoMo speeds in Ballincollig in Co Cork on Sunday, too bad I've never seen anything like this sort of speed in Cork city.

527669.jpg

48 in the same spot was a bit slower but again faster than anything I've seen in the city.

527670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Changed to 48

I can take phone calls and get data again !

4G none of the umts shíte GoMo were restricting me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭christy c

The data allowance runs by calendar month, is that correct? So should be getting the bill in the next few days?

christy c wrote: »
    The data allowance runs by calendar month, is that correct? So should be getting the bill in the next few days?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Is the gomo 4g speed the same as meteor/eir? Or do they cap something for gomo?

I have Virgin and i recently moved to Dublin 8 and their 4g speed is much slower than my previous D1 location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I have Virgin and i recently moved to Dublin 8 and their 4g speed is much slower than my previous D1 location.

It's because they are shıte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

They don't cap or throttle compared to Eir, no (have tested with an Eir and GoMo SIM side by side).
    Data speed on GoMo is same as you would get on Eir.

Advertisement