Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

Gomo should be called goslow. Battling with it now the last 2 months, use it solely for data so i logged into my modem and it has a 25% signal strength. Also bottoms out at 80gigs each month. Ive irdered a 48 sim, more data, cheaper and if it works itll be goaway for gomo. very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

screamer wrote: »
    Gomo should be called goslow. Battling with it now the last 2 months, use it solely for data so i logged into my modem and it has a 25% signal strength. Also bottoms out at 80gigs each month. Ive irdered a 48 sim, more data, cheaper and if it works itll be goaway for gomo. very disappointed.

Its actually 120GB a month these days and I find it really good. Can't argue with it for a tenner a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

jdon72 wrote: »
    I was with GoMo for about a year on the €9.99 plan but swapped over to 48 this month, but that has gotten awful slow for data. Has anyone managed to get back onto GoMo with their original price?

My god I though I good at saving but moving to 48.ie was just a bit o.t.t. for me. So glad I didnt leave GO MO.

kn wrote: »
    Its actually 120GB a month these days and I find it really good. Can't argue with it for a tenner a month.

Oh is go mo now offering 120GB for those on the9.99plan. Please forgive my ignorance as thought it was 80gb in ROI and 10GB EU Roaming.

Does any one know roaming in England on 1/1/21 +?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

I'm very happy with GoMo - 68Mbps down and 18 Mbps up on one side of the house and 80 down and 9 up on the other side. I guess it depends on where you are in relation to the eir mobile network.

Last month I made 300 minutes of roaming calls for €9.99 - on my other network PAYG network (3) the charge would have been €150 at 50 cent per minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

pg17 wrote: »
    I'm very happy with GoMo - 68Mbps down and 18 Mbps up on one side of the house and 80 down and 9 up on the other side. I guess it depends on where you are in relation to the eir mobile network.

Last month I made 300 minutes of roaming calls for €9.99 - on my other network PAYG network (3) the charge would have been €150 at 50 cent per minute.

Have to agree, my data speeds not great at home (quite rural), but have seperate home WiFi, speeds on gomo in town, more built up areas excellent and call signal despite my rural location, perfectly fine, at €9.99 pm, a steal.

Just a question if I may, you mentioned roaming calls? I thought my package which seems to be the same as yours is unlimited call, texts in Ireland and 80gb data, wasn't aware there was roaming calls?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has anyone had any problems with GOMO recently? Everything was working fine for me up until last Friday and have had no connectivity at all since then, literally nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Have to agree, my data speeds not great at home (quite rural), but have seperate home WiFi, speeds on gomo in town, more built up areas excellent and call signal despite my rural location, perfectly fine, at €9.99 pm, a steal.

Just a question if I may, you mentioned roaming calls? I thought my package which seems to be the same as yours is unlimited call, texts in Ireland and 80gb data, wasn't aware there was roaming calls?

Would you consider getting a second GoMo SIM and put it in a wireless router!? That is what I have. Instead of your separate home WIFI, how much are you paying for that?

In terms of calls when abroad, considered roaming I guess calls back to Ireland we can make as many as we want, am I right in assuming that? It's the data we are limited to, 10GB I think!?

Has anyone had any problems with GOMO recently? Everything was working fine for me up until last Friday and have had no connectivity at all since then, literally nothing.

I have two GoMo SIMs and no issues at all. I'm in Clondalkin, Dublin.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Would you consider getting a second GoMo SIM and put it in a wireless router!? That is what I have. Instead of your separate home WIFI, how much are you paying for that?

In terms of calls when abroad, considered roaming I guess calls back to Ireland we can make as many as we want, am I right in assuming that? It's the data we are limited to, 10GB I think!?

Ah, I see re roaming, re second sim in router, we're I live there's noway the data speeds would be good enough for my needs. Whilst I've seen spoeds up around 60mb in my nearest town, we're I live, average 5 to 7mb. Current provider 30 to 40mb consistently, I live in slieve bloom mountains, even the crows flying over bring a packed lunch :)

My 3 wifi only €24 pm for unlimited (750gb), I've a discount

• Advertisement

All good here in Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

In terms of calls when abroad, considered roaming I guess calls back to Ireland we can make as many as we want, am I right in assuming that?

It also includes EEA roaming calls so roaming calls made from within EEA to anywhere else in EEA are included.

Ah, I see re roaming, re second sim in router, we're I live there's noway the data speeds would be good enough for my needs. Whilst I've seen spoeds up around 60mb in my nearest town, we're I live, average 5 to 7mb. Current provider 30 to 40mb consistently, I live in slieve bloom mountains, even the crows flying over bring a packed lunch :)

My 3 wifi only €24 pm for unlimited (750gb), I've a discount

Three sounds like the best way to go then for the home WiFi.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Three sounds like the best way to go then for the home WiFi.

Cheers,
    M

Very much depends on location, I've noticed since the summer months a dramatic improvement in speeds, less conjestion. They are offering 5g but again, restricted to availability, honestly, good 4g is more than fine for most users. Don't go by cover maps, absolute nonsense, 3 do a 14 day return offering, testing really the only way to be sure and deal with a shop, online a nightmare if a return within the 14 day's is required, shops won't deal with online purchases.

Very much depends on location, I've noticed since the summer months a dramatic improvement in speeds, less conjestion. They are offering 5g but again, restricted to availability, honestly, good 4g is more than fine for most users. Don't go by cover maps, absolute nonsense, 3 do a 14 day return offering, testing really the only way to be sure and deal with a shop, online a nightmare if a return within the 14 day's is required, shops won't deal with online purchases.

Must remember that. I'm in Dublin so will stick with my second GoMo SIM in my wireless router as my main home WiFi, more than adequate for what I need. The folks at home in Mayo might benefit from the same setup but with a Three SIM.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Originally Posted by pg17

Last month I made 300 minutes of roaming calls for €9.99 - on my other network PAYG network (3) the charge would have been €150 at 50 cent per minute..

I should have said roaming in the EEA - while roaming in the EEA, calls and texts to other EEA contries including Ireland are included in the GoMo monthly package. The data allowance while roaming in the EEA is 10GB per month. The allowance in Ireland is now 120GB.

A word of caution about roaming outside the EEA. GoMo does not have roaming agreements with operators in all countries e.g. no agreement with Cuba and roaming charges are sometimes higher than charges from other operators. Advice is to check before travelling and decide if another Irish SIM prepay package or a local SIM would be bettter during the trip.

I should have said roaming in the EEA - while roaming in the EEA, calls and texts to other EEA contries including Ireland are included in the GoMo monthly package. The data allowance while roaming in the EEA is 10GB per month. The allowance in Ireland is now 120GB.

A word of caution about roaming outside the EEA. GoMo does not have roaming agreements with operators in all countries e.g. no agreement with Cuba and roaming charges are sometimes higher than charges from other operators. Advice is to check before travelling and decide if another Irish SIM prepay package or a local SIM would be bettter during the trip.

Damn, there goes my Cuban Christmas vacation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

It's only a matter of time until they throttle you

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

99nsr125 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until they throttle you

They will only throttle him if he exceeds 120GB in the month.

I never knew GO MO increased their ROI data allowance to 120GB. I dont recall receiving a message from them advising this.

Perhaps this is in response to 48.ie?

I'm very happy with go mo and wont be switching to 48.ie to save €2 a month.

Having said that I could not make calls roaming in London and Belfast. I could only receive DATA ( intermittent coverage) and receive calls. GO MO said they changed THEIR settings so this wont happen again but in dubious. Tesco Mobile better for roaming in uk as it's on the better O2 UK network. GO MO / EIR use cheaper EE UK network. I know as I'm a frequent traveller to London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Aquos76 wrote: »
    They will only throttle him if he exceeds 120GB in the month.

Yeah right, my mom has started to be throttled and she ain't doing 120GB, it's a blatant policy to control numbers and customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Yeah right, my mom has started to be throttled and she ain't doing 120GB, it's a blatant policy to control numbers and customers.

Have you considered that it might be that the network is strained to it limits. I got a GoMo sim last month and speedtests were regularly showing speeds of less than 1Mbps. This was from day 1. I cancelled before the month was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I never knew GO MO increased their ROI data allowance to 120GB. I dont recall receiving a message from them advising this.

Perhaps this is in response to 48.ie?

I'm very happy with go mo and wont be switching to 48.ie to save €2 a month.

Having said that I could not make calls roaming in London and Belfast. I could only receive DATA ( intermittent coverage) and receive calls. GO MO said they changed THEIR settings so this wont happen again but in dubious. Tesco Mobile better for roaming in uk as it's on the better O2 UK network. GO MO / EIR use cheaper EE UK network. I know as I'm a frequent traveller to London

Was the roaming seamless when you went to Belfast, albeit that your coverage wasn't good, or is there a need to change any phone settings?

I'm in Newry for two days next week and will need data access especially for e mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Is anyone else having an issue with Call catcher and voicemail notifications? I'm not getting the text messages anymore - they were working fine up until 10 days ago or so. I didn't change any settings and Call Catcher is still switched on.

I have contacted GoMo with the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Have you considered that it might be that the network is strained to it limits. I got a GoMo sim last month and speed tests were regularly showing speeds of less than 1Mbps. This was from day 1. I cancelled before the month was out.

4G Data is totally dependent on location and time of day.
    It can even vary from mast to mast dependent on the load.

I'm incredibly lucky tonight down 200 and up 30..... can go as low as 30

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

Is anyone else having an issue with Call catcher and voicemail notifications? I'm not getting the text messages anymore - they were working fine up until 10 days ago or so. I didn't change any settings and Call Catcher is still switched on.

I have contacted GoMo with the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Just noticed this as well. It started last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

My download speed is never even in double digits. I think 6 ish is what i've got. I also dint think theyve increased the data allowance on the old 9.99 a month deal. i logged into the router sim last week and even for november i have texts from them stating what % of the 80GB allowance was used.
    my 48 sim arrived yesterday so i might fire that up to compare....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My download speed is never even in double digits. I think 6 ish is what i've got. I also dint think theyve increased the data allowance on the old 9.99 a month deal. i logged into the router sim last week and even for november i have texts from them stating what % of the 80GB allowance was used.

This is why I left GoMo. Cheap is grand but it frustrated me more than it didn't. WHen I was eir prepay, I always got decent speeds, coverage etc. After a few months on GoMo (and same with a family member eir prepay who didn't want a billpay), speeds went very poor, coverage went poor. It wasn't worth it for the sake of a few quid more for reliable decent service.
    I know others have no issues but I'm delighted I moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

PMC999 wrote: »
    Just noticed this as well. It started last week.

Thanks, glad it's not just me, I assume they will fix it a some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just did this test now.

Advertisement